Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    A movie like that would have the possibley to make around 4 billion maybe more plus I'm sure it would be a 3 movie deal I would definitely consider it.
    So Marvel would make about $2 billion? Like they do now on their ensemble films? What's the upside?

And that's not accounting for the fact I think you're highly overestimating how much this will make. Widely beloved films that are marketed everywhere make around $2 billion+ and that's considered remarkable. Another $2 billion+ on top of that isn't a very realistic expectation.
    Last edited by 80sbaby; 02-15-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    SO Marvel would make about $2 billion? Like they do now on their ensemble films? What's the upside?
    2 billion if not more for only 50% of the cost.

2 billion if not more for only 50% of the cost.
    The cost is also going to be much higher than their normal amount, too. Also, I edited my post

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    So Marvel would make about $2 billion? Like they do now on their ensemble films? What's the upside?

And that's not accounting for the fact I think you're highly overestimating how much this will make. Widely beloved films that are marketed everywhere make around $2 billion+ and that's considered remarkable. Another $2 billion+ on top of that isn't a very realistic expectation.
    I'm just saying it very possible to make that much differently not a sure thing but I think is very possible well after the pandemic.

I'm just saying it very possible to make that much differently not a sure thing but I think is very possible well after the pandemic.
    Anything is "possible," sure. But when people say that it's not likely to happen, we're talking "plausibility." As in the odds are so against it, there's no real point in discussing the possibility. At least, not anytime in the near future.

Incredible Member

This would be like WWE and WCW, back in the 90’s, deciding to combine forces as they both have great characters and a joint venture should be extremely profitable.

Instead, WWE put WCW out of business, took over their assets and kept all the money to themselves.

That how Marvel and DC would be. Why help you when I can just beat you in this game?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Adding DCEU + MCU wouldn't necessarily be bigger than MCU movies are already doing. BvS wasn't bigger than Batman standalone movies (or even the Joker or Aquaman). JL wasn't better for being an ensemble, either. It would come down to the movie and I don't think that they could make one that would be better or do more box office than the MCU movies that were built up over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    *Cough* Ralph Boner *Cough*
    Evan Peters wasn't a cheap marketing ploy. The casting made the audience feel the same confusion, hope, and excitement that Wanda felt. It enhanced the experience and no other choice would have worked. If they'd cast a random new guy, the viewers would've seen through the deception immediately.

Stewart's voice is a completely different situation and it serves no benefit to dupe the audience. It would only cause harm.

It's the the iron legion not Ultron's.
    Yeah, just called them ultrons because they are of the same design

Changed my mind on that cosmic hero being Maria Rambeau having become Captain Marvel in another universe. Saw a still that was of better quality and it’s a dude. Appear to have a Goatee I think. A lot of people think it’s Kang as Iron lad because they seem to be wearing armor. Seen Blue Marvel guessed aswell. But iono why he would be in Ironman esque armor

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Changed my mind on that cosmic hero being Maria Rambeau having become Captain Marvel in another universe. Saw a still that was of better quality and it’s a dude. Appear to have a Goatee I think. A lot of people think it’s Kang as Iron lad because they seem to be wearing armor. Seen Blue Marvel guessed aswell. But iono why he would be in Ironman esque armor
    Superior Iron Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Superior Iron Man?
    It kinda looks like it. But unless they played with the color the actor is black. It appears to be. Some other Stark is black In this universe or someone else is superior Ironman, Like a Kang Variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Superior Iron Man?
    It's Superior Iron Man. Only question is is it Cruise? Cause the still I saw of the actor in mocap, it looked more like that guy who played Swordsman on Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It's Superior Iron Man. Only question is is it Cruise? Cause the still I saw of the actor in mocap, it looked more like that guy who played Swordsman on Hawkeye.
    I'm kind of wondering how overt they're going to get with the Illuminati. Like maybe it'll just be the costumes and lookalikes for some of them, or they'll CG them in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    This is what has me nervous:

Emphasis mine.

Even with the two Spider-Men (Maguire and Garfield) and Strange, NWH always felt like it was Peter's (Holland's) show. It never lost sight of that, at least I feel it didn't, mileage may vary. But it was baked in from the start. They're doing it in reverse here and I worry it may get crowed and Strange himself might get lost in the shuffle. Oh I'll be happy to see all the cameos I'm sure, but...I hope like NWH being Peter (Holland's) story, that DS2 is still very much Stephen's story.
    That's my worry too.

Honestly, NWH set a new bar for me. It could have just been an empty fanservice movie with the main character turning into an ensemble character but instead intimate, character driven and it logically followed up on the characters we saw in previous movies while at the same time logically bringing Tom Holland's Spider-Man arc to a full circle. It was a love letter to Spider-Man and a celebration of Spider-Man on film.

If MoM is just an empty cameo fest and easter eggs then my interest in the movie has dipped.

I wonder how the Illumanti and the TVA are going to mix? Do they know about each other? Is the Illumanti what replaced the TVA that HWR created? Are they like the FBI and Police that operate in different jurisdictions?

Are we just getting a blockbuster version of Loki's show but with Dr Strange instead? So many questions right now.