Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

... who could play Nightmare? In his "standard" look, anyway. (or would that be revised? Hmm..)
    who would be the voice of Shuma gorath? I presume the voice would have some alterations as well.
    Mephisto, he could be hinted at in this film, too. Though he deserves to be the solo villain for a future movie.

BANNED

Cilian Murphy could probably do a good Nightmare. And he can pull off creepy.

Anyone they cast is gonna need make-up regardless.

For Nightmare I'd go with David Tennant. The Netflix shows dont matter as Alfre Woodred and Mahershela Ali prove. I dont think Feige recognizes anything that wasnt made by Marvel Studios. But yea I think he could be a good Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Wanda being crazy though has been her main character trait for decades. The 80's, 90's, and 2000's all had major storylines where she was nuts. It all culminated in Avengers Disassembled and House of M but it came from many prior stories of her being bonkers. Ignoring this would be like ignoring Captain America's patriotism when writing about his character.
    That'd be like saying that Spidey being taken over by the symbiote or his body by doc ock, or OMD was his defining trait.

None of those were in the 90s. One was in the 70s, one in the 80s and the 2000s. They didn't even span all those decades. They weren't her going crazy. It was possession. By Chthon, Immortus, then the life force. These were in limited stories. First to establish her powers as originating with Chthon and her time on Wundagore mountain. Then to break up her marriage with Vision and get rid of the kids (sound familiar?) because Byrne didn't like that. Then to make her a plot device so that New Avengers could happen and mutants would be powered down.

Two of those stories are hack jobs. The last one she barely had any participation. Only the first one was defining for her. Because it established anything actually for her.

Possession is used pretty often on characters. If it's defining for her then it is for Captain America or Doctor Strange. It's a cliche tactic.

Ignoring it is easy. She's been around for 50 years. In that time she's taken up magic, gotten married, taken on an apprenctice, lead two teams, and saved the world thousands of times. So maybe if you only read those stories about her, they are defining. But to people who know her better, it's not true.

HoM is infamous but not for her even, for mutants. So you are wanting her show and Doctor Strange's movie to not even be about them? But mutants? I doubt it'd even be that.

Mutants are more likely gonna be established through the Celestials in the Eternals. Wanda hasn't been a mutant even for five years. When Marvel got the rights back to the Fox properties in March, the F4 were immediately brought back in comics. Wanda was not retconned back. She's also had very little to do with mutants in her career.

Doctor Strange's movie is described as being the first horror film, a gothic horror. HoM was horrible, but it wasn't a gothic horror. The multiverse existed even in the first film. The movie is a Lovecraft reference. So that gives all the hints toward that. Maybe Shuma-Gorath. Wanda has appeared several times in Doctor Strange's book. To chase after the Darkhold, to find why magic was gone and in Damnation. His movie is most likely gonna be about his villains and stuff that has happened with him. Wanda will be there because occasionally things with them overlap. None of them that had to do with mutants.

So I'm not in agreement that it's HoM. If any possession happens, it'd be something Chthonic. The showrunner for WandaVision has put together a team that they said was gonna aim towards depiction female characters better. So I doubt it'll be the last two stories by far.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-10-2019 at 07:33 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That'd be like saying that Spidey being taken over by the symbiote or his body by doc ock, or OMD was his defining trait.

None of those were in the 90s. One was in the 70s, one in the 80s and the 2000s. They didn't even span all those decades. They weren't her going crazy. It was possession. By Chthon, Immortus, then the life force. These were in limited stories. First to establish her powers as originating with Chthon and her time on Wundagore mountain. Then to break up her marriage with Vision and get rid of the kids (sound familiar?) because Byrne didn't like that. Then to make her a plot device so that New Avengers could happen and mutants would be powered down.

Two of those stories are hack jobs. The last one she barely had any participation. Only the first one was defining for her. Because it established anything actually for her.

Possession is used pretty often on characters. If it's defining for her then it is for Captain America or Doctor Strange. It's a cliche tactic.

Ignoring it is easy. She's been around for 50 years. In that time she's taken up magic, gotten married, taken on an apprenctice, lead two teams, and saved the world thousands of times. So maybe if you only read those stories about her, they are defining. But to people who know her better, it's not true.

HoM is infamous but not for her even, for mutants. So you are wanting her show and Doctor Strange's movie to not even be about them? But mutants? I doubt it'd even be that.

Mutants are more likely gonna be established through the Celestials in the Eternals. Wanda hasn't been a mutant even for five years. When Marvel got the rights back to the Fox properties in March, the F4 were immediately brought back in comics. Wanda was not retconned back. She's also had very little to do with mutants in her career.

Doctor Strange's movie is described as being the first horror film, a gothic horror. HoM was horrible, but it wasn't a gothic horror. The multiverse existed even in the first film. The movie is a Lovecraft reference. So that gives all the hints toward that. Maybe Shuma-Gorath. Wanda has appeared several times in Doctor Strange's book. To chase after the Darkhold, to find why magic was gone and in Damnation. His movie is most likely gonna be about his villains and stuff that has happened with him. Wanda will be there because occasionally things with them overlap. None of them that had to do with mutants.

So I'm not in agreement that it's HoM. If any possession happens, it'd be something Chthonic. The showrunner for WandaVision has put together a team that they said was gonna aim towards depiction female characters better. So I doubt it'll be the last two stories by far.
    Your clearly a big Wanda fan. Being unstable might not be her most defining personal traits but it is the thing most non Wanda fans think about when they think of her. Daughert of Magneto, Super powerful, and bat **** crazy. But I get what your saying. Just as a Wanda fan your perception of her is probaly alot fairer then most. It's like people who think the Hulk is a rampaging Rage monster. When in reality wlhes either possessed or mind controlled in those situations. Or the government's tearing **** up and Hulk I'd actually trying to protect people but gets all the blame. But I've seen people on here say Hulk is suppose to be this rampaging monster and the MCU put Kiddy gloves on him. When in reality I cant think of anyone Hulks killed that was his fault(No mind control or anything). I know they did a horror thing with Immortal Hulk and there was a persona Devil Hulk or some crap who cracked Thors skull. So yea I dont know if that holds true today but. Back when I stopped reading comics Hulk lead and entire invasion of New York and no one got killed. Till the end

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Your clearly a big Wanda fan. Being unstable might not be her most defining personal traits but it is the thing most non Wanda fans think about when they think of her. Daughert of Magneto, Super powerful, and bat **** crazy. But I get what your saying. Just as a Wanda fan your perception of her is probaly alot fairer then most. It's like people who think the Hulk is a rampaging Rage monster. When in reality wlhes either possessed or mind controlled in those situations. Or the government's tearing **** up and Hulk I'd actually trying to protect people but gets all the blame. But I've seen people on here say Hulk is suppose to be this rampaging monster and the MCU put Kiddy gloves on him. When in reality I cant think of anyone Hulks killed that was his fault(No mind control or anything). I know they did a horror thing with Immortal Hulk and there was a persona Devil Hulk or some crap who cracked Thors skull. So yea I dont know if that holds true today but. Back when I stopped reading comics Hulk lead and entire invasion of New York and no one got killed. Till the end
    Absolutely because HoM became infamous. But it became infamous because the X-Men were involved. Not her. They can think of her how they like, it's not the character. Again 55 years, rolled down to only 3 moments. It's the perception of the character. And it's due to a bad comic. And then Marvel taking her out of comics for 7 years. Hulk was a different situation because that was most of what he was for a long time. And he left the Avengers for a long time. Went and joined the Defenders. Wanda had a lot more years of not being that. Again known only for a hack story line.

And I want to add that it isn't what Wanda is known for just because that storyline was controversial. People want her used as a plot device again for mutants. Not sure if they are conditioned to feel this way because her long absence. But they feel like everything of her's shouldn't be her own story, but their's. Even though she spent very little time in mutant related storylines, and seems to be now pushed toward the supernatural side of Marvel. And they likely aren't gonna waste her show and Doctor Strange's movie on mutants.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 08-10-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Absolutely because HoM became infamous. But it became infamous because the X-Men were involved. Not her. They can think of her how they like, it's not the character. Again 55 years, rolled down to only 3 moments. It's the perception of the character. And it's due to a bad comic. And then Marvel taking her out of comics for 7 years. Hulk was a different situation because that was most of what he was for a long time. And he left the Avengers for a long time. Went and joined the Defenders. Wanda had a lot more years of not being that. Again known only for a hack story line.

And I want to add that it isn't what Wanda is known for just because that storyline was controversial. People want her used as a plot device again for mutants. Not sure if they are conditioned to feel this way because her long absence. But they feel like everything of her's shouldn't be her own story, but their's. Even though she spent very little time in mutant related storylines, and seems to be now pushed toward the supernatural side of Marvel. And they likely aren't gonna waste her show and Doctor Strange's movie on mutants.
    Yea they dont need Wanda for Mutants. We had 3 extreme releases of Gamma radiation on earth. That could supercharge the X gene and open the floodgates. But I think Mutants will have always been around in small numbers when they do introduce them. But yea it's not fair to Wanda at all. But yea I think shes gonna get alot of love in the MCu going forward. She had more to do then Cap in Infinity war and then wasnt in most of Endgame but they gave her one of the most badass scenes. I do hope they talk about Pietro again because he feels like an after thought. Maybe have Nightmare use his likeness against her in Dr starnge 2 or have him play some role in her TV show. Maybe she goes to extremes to bring Vision back and hes her conscience in her head telling her to stop. I dont know just feel like they wasted Pietro and would be cool to get more out of it.

Yea they dont need Wanda for Mutants. We had 3 extreme releases of Gamma radiation on earth. That could supercharge the X gene and open the floodgates. But I think Mutants will have always been around in small numbers when they do introduce them. But yea it's not fair to Wanda at all. But yea I think shes gonna get alot of love in the MCu going forward. She had more to do then Cap in Infinity war and then wasnt in most of Endgame but they gave her one of the most badass scenes. I do hope they talk about Pietro again because he feels like an after thought. Maybe have Nightmare use his likeness against her in Dr starnge 2 or have him play some role in her TV show. Maybe she goes to extremes to bring Vision back and hes her conscience in her head telling her to stop. I dont know just feel like they wasted Pietro and would be cool to get more out of it.
    We will hopefully get synopsis at D-23. I think the Celestials create the x-gene. Then mutants start popping up. They said it won't be for five years, so maybe they start to appear two years after Phase 4.

Doug Jones for nightmare, he's tall, slim and plays creepy characters all the time. He's also used to prosphetics and majeup so isnt too bothered about showing his face, as such they can go nuts on the design

This must be just another day at the MCU office. another one of their many directors has stepped down due to the usual creative difference issue that has been going on in marvel for almost a decade.

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-m...on-steps-down/

"Marvel Studios and Scott Derrickson have amicably parted ways on Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness due to creative differences," the studio said. "We remain grateful to Scott for his contributions to the [Marvel Cinematic Universe]."

I can't say I am surprised, Disney just banned the movie from been a horror film last week, 1 week later the director quits.

https://collider.com/is-doctor-stran...e-new-details/

I am not expecting anything from this movie but any thing in the range of GOTG and Thor 3 will be such a terrible idea. the first film had a thin generic story but the concept had potential that could be built upon. so anything in the range of ant man, gotg, thor 3 will be a major step backwards.

This is why many marvel fans are going to support new mutants if the movie turns out good. the movie has the balls to do what Disney obviously can't do with Dr strange.

Another day? The Flash movie has had as many directors drop out for "Creative differences" as the entire MCU over the course of 20+ movies. But keep pushing that narrative.

Doctor Strange 1 was one if my least favorite MCU movies. The Russos handled the character way better then Dicckerson did. That said he seemed really excited for this movie so I'm sad they couldnt make this happen. How much this bothers me depend on who they hire to replace him.

And I dont think anyone thought it was gonna be a straight up Horror film anyway. Feige said it's still gonna be a "Scary" movie so I dont aee how that changes from what people woulda expected. A movie like the first Dr Strange but with Nightmare bringing some horror elements into the film here and there. Which fits with what Feige said.

Another day? The Flash movie has had as many directors drop out for "Creative differences" as the entire MCU over the course of 20+ movies. But keep pushing that narrative.

Doctor Strange 1 was one if my least favorite MCU movies. The Russos handled the character way better then Dicckerson did. That said he seemed really excited for this movie so I'm sad they couldnt make this happen. How much this bothers me depend on who they hire to replace him.

And I dont think anyone thought it was gonna be a straight up Horror film anyway. Feige said it's still gonna be a "Scary" movie so I dont aee how that changes from what people woulda expected. A movie like the first Dr Strange but with Nightmare bringing some horror elements into the film here and there. Which fits with what Feige said.
    That depends on if the new director want to not have a horror themed element in this film. He/She could want more comedy to go into exploring the multiverse instead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    This must be just another day at the MCU office. another one of their many directors has stepped down due to the usual creative difference issue that has been going on in marvel for almost a decade.

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-m...on-steps-down/

"Marvel Studios and Scott Derrickson have amicably parted ways on Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness due to creative differences," the studio said. "We remain grateful to Scott for his contributions to the [Marvel Cinematic Universe]."

I can't say I am surprised, Disney just banned the movie from been a horror film last week, 1 week later the director quits.

https://collider.com/is-doctor-stran...e-new-details/

I am not expecting anything from this movie but any thing in the range of GOTG and Thor 3 will be such a terrible idea. the first film had a thin generic story but the concept had potential that could be built upon. so anything in the range of ant man, gotg, thor 3 will be a major step backwards.

This is why many marvel fans are going to support new mutants if the movie turns out good. the movie has the balls to do what Disney obviously can't do with Dr strange.
    You were talking about how WB and Fox gave their directors creative freedom, but they have directors leave multiple times. Do you not see any inconsistency in your comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    That depends on if the new director want to not have a horror themed element in this film. He/She could want more comedy to go into exploring the multiverse instead.
    They made plans based on Derriksons treatment and idea for horror themes In the movie. I assume whatever director they hire or writer if they dont hire a Writer/ director will be working off of that treament/Outline that Feige and Derrikson came up with. I mean it ties into WandaVision and rumor has it Loki. so if they have an idea of what they are doing already. The trick is gonna be finding a director who buys into what they already have planned and can add to it. But I guarentee other then some scary Set pieces with Nightmare it was never gonna be a straight horror film anyway. But who knows, time will tell.

They made plans based on Derriksons treatment and idea for horror themes In the movie. I assume whatever director they hire or writer if they dont hire a Writer/ director will be working off of that treament/Outline that Feige and Derrikson came up with. I mean it ties into WandaVision and rumor has it Loki. so if they have an idea of what they are doing already. The trick is gonna be finding a director who buys into what they already have planned and can add to it. But I guarentee other then some scary Set pieces with Nightmare it was never gonna be a straight horror film anyway. But who knows, time will tell.
    Could they get Peele ? Get Out was legit afaik.