Default Eternity: one or several?

I understand that Eternity is the living embodiment of the universe and all that, but what about other alternate universes? (Ultimate Marvel, Spider-Gwen's world, Old-Man Logan world, etc). Does Eternity include all of them as well, or does each alternate universe has its own local alternate Eternity?

BANNED

Every universe has their own eternity, but there's also a multiverse version of it.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Every universe has their own eternity, but there's also a multiverse version of it.
    This. Think of it as an infinite number of little Eternities contained in a giant box that is the Prime Eternity.

That said, as mental exercises go, we've kind of closed our eyes to Schrödinger's proposition as it relates to Eternity. If there is an Eternity Prime that exists, then there must also be a co-existing reality where Eternity Prime does not exist. And if that's the case, who is running the show there? Who are the An-eternity Prime and subordinate An-eternities? What does that multiverse look like? Ok, ok, time for me to get my morning caramel macchiato.

Reminds me of those Silver Surfer issues during Secret Wars, where Doom was Eternity but the Shaper of Worlds and Glorian attempted their own universe-building.

-Pav, who needs to go back and re-read that run...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Reminds me of those Silver Surfer issues during Secret Wars, where Doom was Eternity but the Shaper of Worlds and Glorian attempted their own universe-building.

-Pav, who needs to go back and re-read that run...
    Doom wasn't Eternity. He was the most powerful being but did not function or exist like Eternity, nor did he even truly control the source of the power: Owen Reece.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Doom wasn't Eternity. He was the most powerful being but did not function or exist like Eternity, nor did he even truly control the source of the power: Owen Reece.
    It's been a minute, but I believe they actually showed the new "Secret Wars Eternity" with Doom's face/mask.

-Pav, who might look it up just to check...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details