Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I
    LOL, I know you're likely joking, but just to be clear, I was talking about Eric Masterson being brought to the MCU. Speaking of Eric, I wonder if they might give Jane his codename, Thunderstrike.
    They did that in the cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Cool that Natalie Portman is back. Hopefully this can get them back together and coexist with the power of Thor. I think making Thor unworthy or killing him would be a huge let down, especially after his whole redemption arc in Avengers. Let them both be Thor, Thor and Lady Thor. Two Thors. Maybe more Thors? Lots of Thors.
    This sounds too much like Aaron's run for my tastes .
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    This. Valkyrie will rule Asgard, Jane will be it's protector, and Hemsworth/Thor can leave guilt free knowing all his current/expected duties are covered, so he can finally be himself and not what anyone expects him to be, just as was hinted at in Endgame.
    That sounds like a bad arc for Thor in my opinion. Makes him sound like a bit of a deadbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Curious if by the time the movie is out Jane will have a hammer again in the comics or still be Valkyrie
    Synergy will dictate that they make her Thor again but at the same time, the comics aren't under the limitations of the movies so I think it's better she have a distinct role from the Thor identity (even if she didn't originate it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The MCU takes the stories from the comics and reinterprets them, often for the better. MCU Thor doesn't have the same identity issues that Comic Thor has had in Aaron's run (seriously, guy needs a therapist, not more hammers), So my hope is that Taika will reinterpret the story of Jane-thor, without making OGThor a meandering, miserable, self-loathing sad sack who uses copious amounts of alcohol as a coping mechanism. Or they don't make Jason Aaron a consultant.
    Yeah, I'm really hoping this movie does a better job of handling OG!Thor in relation to Jane then Aaron did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dont know if we're ever going to see Sif again, honestly. I hope so, and if Portman/Jane is returning (who saw that coming?) you never know.....but I don't see it. Still, most of Thor's supporting cast is dead now, with only Val, Korg, and Mieik (spelling?) left; even with Jane returning I feel like there'd be room for Sif.....and given the movie's title I could see them maybe trying some kind of weird romance thing between Val, Thor, and Sif, with Jane tossed in as the ex.
    One of my biggest disappointments with this franchise is how much they bungled Thor's supporting cast outside Loki, Odin, and I guess Valkyrie...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Wonder who the big bad is gonna be. Must be a powerhouse to require the combined efforts of 2 Thors & the new Queen of Asgard to bring them down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I want Ulik because he's cool, but nah it'll be Gorr, that's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What about Mangog, especially if they are pulling from Aaron's run?
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If love is going to be a major theme in the movie I want Enchantress.
    Gorr would fit with the influence of Aaron's run.

I guess Mangog would too since that was the last storyline of Jane's Thor run.

Enchantress is probably the most popular Thor villain they haven't used yet. That being said, it would be kind of weird to see her after they kind of wasted Skurge with Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    except that's not true, the real sales figures and how they compare to previous Thor comics have been brought up maaaany times by many different people. So I'll just quote one of em, @wall-crawler

minority? lol but I see the majority opinion that aaron's thor run was bad and he ruined many parts of the Thor mythos~

EDIT - just to bring up, aaron's War of the Realms event also sold badly despite it being this giant event~
    The real sales figures shows that Wall Crawler is wrong and ignoring the shift in the comic market's sales landscape.

War of the Realms is six issues from a 6 year run. Relying on sales for that event while ignoring everything else is only proof that the Jane Foster haters have nothing concrete to grab onto.
    Last edited by Sluggo Is Lit; 07-21-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Ultimate Member

Thor #1 (Jane's run) is going for $55 on Ebay. Lol.

Ultimate Member

I'm not a big fan of romance and I did have problems with how parts of Thor's mythos were handled but overall Aaron's work was very solid. Taking it as an independent work it was pretty darn awesome. I'm not surprised its getting a movie reference.

I just the movie keeps the fantastic action of Thor 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm not a big fan of romance and I did have problems with how parts of Thor's mythos were handled but overall Aaron's work was very solid. Taking it as an independent work it was pretty darn awesome. I'm not surprised its getting a movie reference.

I just the movie keeps the fantastic action of Thor 3.
    I think Jane's run works best in isolation from past Thor continuity and Thor himself.

Which makes me curious to see how they adapt it here.

I'm wondering what the "Love and Thunder" denotes. Obviously there's Valkyrie arc but will Thor remain an eligible bachelor? They've completely forgotten about Sif and I'm not sure if they'll hook him up with Jane again after giving her powers.

As a big fan of Ragnarok, I'm definitely excited for this.

As we haven't gotten the full cast list yet (or plot, etc.), I wonder if they're going have Natalie as Thor, or will they pull a Shazam in this, and have another (tall/fit) actress play Jane's Thor? Natalie's a very petite woman, she might have trouble carrying that role, but I guess we'll see.

In the comics, some who lifted the hammer transformed (like Jane's Thor), while other didn't (like Cap), so there is precedent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    this is very much where my hope remains for this movie, that Feige and Taika are not idiots to **** on Thor and the Thor mythos the way aaron did to push his pet jane. They know Hemsworth brings in the viewers to the Thor movies and you don't mess with that. Also Ragnarok showed Taika is a good director and he treated Odin with a lot of respect in that movie (whereas aaron shat on Odin), for example the "are you thor, the god of hammers" was a GREAT scene~

basically, take the concept of fem-thor and make a movie out of it, it will work just fine. The concept itself is not bad and it's been done to success before, just don't copy the rest of aaron's comic.

Easy starting points: don't call her thor, don't make her the bestest strongest thor from the moment she picks up the hammer, have her struggle/lose/work/train for the power and success, don't retcon Mjolnir, don't force unworthy Thor and so on.
    I think that is the only saving grace we may have with this film and Jane Foster becoming Thor in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post

As we haven't gotten the full cast list yet (or plot, etc.), I wonder if they're going have Natalie as Thor, or will they pull a Shazam in this, and have another (tall/fit) actress play Jane's Thor? Natalie's a very petite woman, she might have trouble carrying that role, but I guess we'll see.

In the comics, some who lifted the hammer transformed (like Jane's Thor), while other didn't (like Cap), so there is precedent.
    Pretty sure it's gonna be Natalie. They wouldn't announce her as "the female Thor" showing up with the hammer and all if they were gonna get other actress to play her. And Natalie has said on IG that she's "about to get jacked" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If love is going to be a major theme in the movie I want Enchantress.
    That's my guess too. It just seems like no other villain would work for a movie with this title.

Though it's not unlikely we'll have at least a couple villains in the mix. Between Val, Thor, and JaneThor you need a big, heavy hitter, or several foes to deal with......and Enchantress can definitely pull that weight but I'm expecting her to have a few notable minions (Ulik seems a solid guess as any) too, just so the fight scenes can be a little more spectacular.

Don't expect Gorr at all.

Mangog.....I feel like if he shows up, it'll be like Surtur's appearance.....a plot device more than a villain with limited screen time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm excited about this. I hope (if Jane indeed becomes Thor) we get a Titan Heroes (1/6 scale) figure so I can add it to my collection.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post

They'll just use CG or a body double to make her bigger. They did something similar in Captain America: The First Avenger, making him smaller in scenes before he got his powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Come to think of it, I think Enchantress and Ulik were both rumored for the Loki Disney+ series (or it might've been Karnilla, I forget).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Pretty sure it's gonna be Natalie. They wouldn't announce her as "the female Thor" showing up with the hammer and all if they were gonna get other actress to play her. And Natalie has said on IG that she's "about to get jacked" or something.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like they did with Chris Evans where they film a "before" and "after" to demonstrate how much she physically changes as Thor.

Ultimate Member

Bi Valkyrie finally, thank you Marvel.

Anyway... I had idly fantasized about the MCU doing a JaneThor movie, but I never thought they'd actually do it! Fairly excited about this, especially with Waititi coming back. RAGNAROK was one of my favorite MCU entries.

(Looking through the posts) Wow, this thread is getting rather heated already, too bad. I hope it doesn't get locked.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."