Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Man, Aaron won lol. His Thor run straight up about to be memorialized by the MCU. If Endgame was the goodbye to Stark and Rogers, I wonder if OG!Thor bows out in this movie
    I dunno, I can easily see them having their cake and eating it too with Hemsworth Thor & Portman Thor running at the same time for a little bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm actually a little surprised Natalie Portman came back. Honestly I didn't think she was too into the marvel movies. And her character was seemigly written off easily enough.
    When you see how JaneThor gets treated, it's not as surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not surprised at all about JaneThor, and not upset about it either. Aaron's writing has gone off the deep end, but JaneThor started out pretty strong. The MCU has successfully adapted divisive stories before and they're obviously not going to follow Aaron's narrative exactly.
    JaneThor in general is pretty strong, it's just when it comes to the original Thor that the main problems persist.

But I hope Jane isn't suddenly an expert and master Thor when she inevitably gets the abilities like she was in the comics.

Hemsworth isn't going to play this role forever so I got no problem with the torch being passed. Super excited about this one!
    A torch passing probably works better for JaneThor then the comics did, though I still hope it works out better then the comics did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I dunno, I can easily see them having their cake and eating it too with Hemsworth Thor & Portman Thor running at the same time for a little bit longer.
    To be honest, I wonder if they give Jane a hammer and powers but give her a different codename then Thor like the cartoons did.

Although it would be truer to the comics for them to not truly coexist.

Astonishing Member

I loved Aaron's run. Wonder if this will have a serious tone. Will they have Jane having cancer and it's in remission because of Mjolnir? Or will it not be used at all? Wonder if this is all going to be laughs.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So far the reactions at Marvel's Facebook post are quite civil. For now.

https://www.facebook.com/marvelstudi...0451389382476/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    JaneThor in general is pretty strong, it's just when it comes to the original Thor that the main problems persist.
    And I bet it's very likely that Hemsworth is done after this film, so it's not likely going to be a problem.

If nothing else, we can take comfort in the fact that the MCU has adapted bad/divisive stories like Civil War, and made them successful and, more or less, quality. This isn't likely to be nearly as bad as Aaron. The guys at Marvel Studios are, quite frankly, just much better at their jobs (generally).

But I hope Jane isn't suddenly an expert and master Thor when she inevitably gets the abilities like she was in the comics.
    Who knows? It'd definitely be fun to see a rookie trying to control that much power, but depending on how they spin the enchantments it might make some sense. This isn't going to be Aaron's story put into live action, sh*t's gonna go down differently. I mean, some fans are going to write it all off just because it's based on Aaron but I doubt the film will look like Aaron's run any more than the Civil War film looked like the comic it was inspired by.

A torch passing probably works better for JaneThor then the comics did, though I still hope it works out better then the comics did.
    Two dozen MCU movies and none of them have been near as bad as the comics. I really don't think there's cause for concern.

To be honest, I wonder if they give Jane a hammer and powers but give her a different codename then Thor like the cartoons did.
    I dont think that's going to happen, for marketing and branding reasons more than anything else. But, Marvel's name alone is all the marketing you need so maybe Jane will get a different codename after all. I'd definitely be fine with that.....but I expect Jane will use Thor's name. We'll just have to wait and see.

Although it would be truer to the comics for them to not truly coexist
    I feel like this is going to be our goodbye to Hemsworth and that solves a lot of Aaron-shaped problems with how he's handled while Jane has the hammer.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And I bet it's very likely that Hemsworth is done after this film, so it's not likely going to be a problem.

If nothing else, we can take comfort in the fact that the MCU has adapted bad/divisive stories like Civil War, and made them successful and, more or less, quality. This isn't likely to be nearly as bad as Aaron. The guys at Marvel Studios are, quite frankly, just much better at their jobs (generally).
    I guess I'm just less sure because I'm not crazy about Waititi's Thor...or what I've heard about Endgame.

JaneThor just conjures some bad memories when it comes to OG!Thor.
    Who knows? It'd definitely be fun to see a rookie trying to control that much power, but depending on how they spin the enchantments it might make some sense. This isn't going to be Aaron's story put into live action, sh*t's gonna go down differently. I mean, some fans are going to write it all off just because it's based on Aaron but I doubt the film will look like Aaron's run any more than the Civil War film looked like the comic it was inspired by.
    I think that's all the more reason not to handle Jane like Aaron did. Because otherwise it'll just make OG!Thor look bad.
    I dont think that's going to happen, for marketing and branding reasons more than anything else. But, Marvel's name alone is all the marketing you need so maybe Jane will get a different codename after all. I'd definitely be fine with that.....but I expect Jane will use Thor's name. We'll just have to wait and see
    I would think that would be all the more reason to give her a distinctive codename to be honest.
    I feel like this is going to be our goodbye to Hemsworth and that solves a lot of Aaron-shaped problems with how he's handled while Jane has the hammer.
    If it can improve from what Aaron did, I'll be grateful.

And maybe Thor's standing and portrayal in the comics will improve alongside it, so I can rest easy on that front...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So far the reactions at Marvel's Facebook post are quite civil. For now.

https://www.facebook.com/marvelstudi...0451389382476/
    Cause it doesn't say anything about Jane as Thor.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Cause it doesn't say anything about Jane as Thor.
    They're figuring it out already.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well that's one way to get Natalie Portman to come back.
    Talk about knocking me over with a feather,; after the things she said, I thought she’d never come back, much less like this. I may have to start liking her again. Now bring back selvig!

Jane and her friends were, by far, the worst thing about the first two Thor movies. A movie centered around her and Valkyrie?

BANNED

Of all of the announcements...THIS ONE displeased me, the second only to Eternals given how much Marvel RARELY puts them in the spotlight outside of several minis, some characters interactions with the rest of the Marvel Universe and the original run of the series.

I mean the idea of a female Thor isn't a bad one, but with HOW Marvel handled Jane Foster's character and her "Transformation" into Thor is really pushing me to give this film a hard pass. Hopefully the director will have a PROPER idea of how to make this concept work. Right ?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Honestly, I was not interested in a fourth standalone Thor Odinson movie. I think Hemsworth ran his course and if Marvel was looking forward to continue the Thor franchise, I always supported the idea of passing the hammer to Jane, Eric or BRB. Considering how successful the Jane run was in the comics, I'm not surprised they went with that. Natalie Portman definitely deserves better than what she was given in the MCU, so it feels like an overdue too. And for her to accept to come back after being less than happy about the direction she was given tells me Taika had one hell of a pitch to convince her. I'm genuinely happy and excited for this.

My only concern is about the tone of the movie. Thor: Ragnarok was definitely the better directed Thor movie and I have no issue with Taika as a director, but he tends to go overboard with the comedy, and considering Jane's story in the comics and the whole cancer battle thing... let's just hope he does everything in a tasteful, sensitive manner.

I was also done with solo Thor until horse was confirmed, but that's because I couldn't see Portman letting them do this.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by THORPERION View Post
    They’ll still make money but not billions anymore. Female Thor and gay Valkyrie right there cuts off at least 50% of their audience.
    LMAO nobody cares. This is like the geniuses who predicted Far From Home was gonna flop because MJ was black and now it's currently the highest grossing Spider-Man movie, or that Black Panther was gonna not do well because it would only appeal to black people. Your average normal person does not give a crap about these things.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    LMAO nobody cares. This is like the geniuses who predicted Far From Home was gonna flop because MJ was black and now it's currently the highest grossing Spider-Man movie, or that Black Panther was gonna not do well because it would only appeal to black people. Your average normal person does not give a crap about these things.
    Or that Captain Marvel was going to flop and it grossed well past a billion.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.