Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think Jane's run works best in isolation from past Thor continuity and Thor himself.

Which makes me curious to see how they adapt it here.

I'm wondering what the "Love and Thunder" denotes. Obviously there's Valkyrie arc but will Thor remain an eligible bachelor? They've completely forgotten about Sif and I'm not sure if they'll hook him up with Jane again after giving her powers.
The Sif thing is a little odd because it’s like the film makers tried to completely distance themselves from everything that came before Ragnarok (with the Warriors 3 and virtually all named Asgardians being dead). Heck, they didn’t make reference to Sif again after TDW (tv shows don’t seem to be at all canon at this point) even after Asgard was blown up and the remaining Asgardians are now on Earth.

I’m curious too how Jane and Thor’s relationship will be handled now because it was one of the weakest points of TDW and it’s another thing the Waititi and co seemed to want to put behind them.

However, I can see a situation where Waititi follows up what he started in Ragnarok being that Thor doesn’t need a hammer to be a thunder god and might simply pass off the weapon to Jane Foster for whatever reason. Maybe a big bad that needs two Thors to take down.