Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Lightbulb SDCC 2019: Thor: Love and Thunder for November 5, 2021

It will star Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, and Natalie Portman, with Taika Waititi as director.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1152751520523403264
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Based on Jason Aaron's The Mighty Thor

Interested where we'll get Female Thor from given there's no Asgard (at least a proper one) and no mjolnir at the moment.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Jason Aaron's beard 'bout to get the cameo
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

Well that's one way to get Natalie Portman to come back.

Extraordinary Member

This movie will have the most upbeat, friendly, non-acrimonious online conversations ever.

Aaron cementing his legacy in one fell swoop, bad bitches only.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    This movie will have the most upbeat, friendly, non-acrimonious online conversations ever.
    How optimistic of you .

I'm not one to dwell on the negative but I feel kind of bad for OG!Thor right about now.

Man, Aaron won lol. His Thor run straight up about to be memorialized by the MCU. If Endgame was the goodbye to Stark and Rogers, I wonder if OG!Thor bows out in this movie

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Man, Aaron won lol. His Thor run straight up about to be memorialized by the MCU. If Endgame was the goodbye to Stark and Rogers, I wonder if OG!Thor bows out in this movie
    I mean, I would say since it's a JaneThor movie, you would expect them to take OG!Thor out.

Actually, from the sounds of it, it seems Valkyrie is driving the plot more then Thor is. With Jane in two I'm almost half-expecting him to come off as a third wheel in his own movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well that's one way to get Natalie Portman to come back.
    I'm actually a little surprised Natalie Portman came back. Honestly I didn't think she was too into the marvel movies. And her character was seemigly written off easily enough.

I'm thrilled we're actually getting a fourth Thor film! This is the first time a solo character has gotten more than a trilogy so I'm kinda surprised; Endgame didn't give Thor an ending, so I figured we'd see him again....but I expected a GotG3 role to be his final appearance. Getting more Thor than I thought I would! Now I just hope he's still fat! Fat Thor is a national treasure!

Not surprised at all about JaneThor, and not upset about it either. Aaron's writing has gone off the deep end, but JaneThor started out pretty strong. The MCU has successfully adapted divisive stories before and they're obviously not going to follow Aaron's narrative exactly.

Hemsworth isn't going to play this role forever so I got no problem with the torch being passed. Super excited about this one!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, guess this means I better avoid certain parts of Twitter and YouTube for a while.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

They’re going to use Chris to try and get people on board with it and then kill him off. On her own, just like in the books she can’t pull it off. I will tell you this, I’m done with the MCU. After this BS and the “Ten Rings” going to Shang chi? Forget it. Iron man could’ve had an EPIC movie but no. It was racist. Now another Asian guy gets something he has no business having? Sorry. Done. And I’m sure a LARGE amount of the GA will agree. They’ll still make money but not billions anymore. Female Thor and gay Valkyrie right there cuts off at least 50% of their audience.

Like it or not, like Stark said in Endgame, there’s still a HUGE contingent of people who will forever resist being forced to accept things they don’t want to. Marvel is gonna learn the hard way. CM made money because men and women supported it. WW is the top out for female only support in a blockbuster. So Hammerette will get one hit movie before she dies off.
    Last edited by THORPERION; 07-20-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm thrilled we're actually getting a fourth Thor film! This is the first time a solo character has gotten more than a trilogy so I'm kinda surprised; Endgame didn't give Thor an ending, so I figured we'd see him again....but I expected a GotG3 role to be his final appearance. Getting more Thor than I thought I would! Now I just hope he's still fat! Fat Thor is a national treasure!

Not surprised at all about JaneThor, and not upset about it either. Aaron's writing has gone off the deep end, but JaneThor started out pretty strong. The MCU has successfully adapted divisive stories before and they're obviously not going to follow Aaron's narrative exactly.

Hemsworth isn't going to play this role forever so I got no problem with the torch being passed. Super excited about this one!
    I think the best way to do JaneThor would be:

- Thor has the Stormbreaker, so he's fine without Mjolnir

- Which means he doesn't need to be unworthy

- She's only called Thor and female Thor as a nickname because she holds Mjolnir and has the aesthetics, not as a full-on "Thor is a mantle" thing.

- So no "The old Thor is just "Odinson" now" nonsense.