Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Does Jane have an Appreciation Thread around here? Homegurl's about to get more hate than ever, and it would be nice to have a place where people could discuss her without the usual vitriol.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

None that I can see; however we have this:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...tory-with-Thor

And the Valkyrie Appreciation Thread is morphing into a Jane Foster Appreciation Thread.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...light=valkyrie
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Honestly, I was not interested in a fourth standalone Thor Odinson movie. I think Hemsworth ran his course and if Marvel was looking forward to continue the Thor franchise, I always supported the idea of passing the hammer to Jane, Eric or BRB. Considering how successful the Jane run was in the comics, I'm not surprised they went with that. Natalie Portman definitely deserves better than what she was given in the MCU, so it feels like an overdue too. And for her to accept to come back after being less than happy about the direction she was given tells me Taika had one hell of a pitch to convince her. I'm genuinely happy and excited for this.

My only concern is about the tone of the movie. Thor: Ragnarok was definitely the better directed Thor movie and I have no issue with Taika as a director, but he tends to go overboard with the comedy, and considering Jane's story in the comics and the whole cancer battle thing... let's just hope he does everything in a tasteful, sensitive manner.
    Erik selvig for war Thor!😂

Does Jane have an Appreciation Thread around here? Homegurl's about to get more hate than ever, and it would be nice to have a place where people could discuss her without the usual vitriol.
    Yup, there's one for her Mighty Thor avatar: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...r-Appreciation

Would probably better to just make a new Jane/Thor/Valkyrie thread that counts everything about her.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

*sighs* getting Jane instead of Beta Ray Bill. We can't have nice things.

Honestly, I was not interested in a fourth standalone Thor Odinson movie. I think Hemsworth ran his course and if Marvel was looking forward to continue the Thor franchise, I always supported the idea of passing the hammer to Jane, Eric or BRB. Considering how successful the Jane run was in the comics, I'm not surprised they went with that. Natalie Portman definitely deserves better than what she was given in the MCU, so it feels like an overdue too. And for her to accept to come back after being less than happy about the direction she was given tells me Taika had one hell of a pitch to convince her. I'm genuinely happy and excited for this.

My only concern is about the tone of the movie. Thor: Ragnarok was definitely the better directed Thor movie and I have no issue with Taika as a director, but he tends to go overboard with the comedy, and considering Jane's story in the comics and the whole cancer battle thing... let's just hope he does everything in a tasteful, sensitive manner.
    I think it would be hilarious if it's like the comics and Jane's Thor persona is like pre-Ragnarok Thor .
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    *sighs* getting Jane instead of Beta Ray Bill. We can't have nice things.
    To be honest I was hoping for more Sif and Bill. I'm not sure if we'll get either .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Or that Captain Marvel was going to flop and it grossed well past a billion.
    Actually there are rumors that stated that Disney may have pushed for Captain Marvel to success regardless of what the actress said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Actually there are rumors that stated that Disney may have pushed for Captain Marvel to success
    LOL Disney wouldn't push Captain Marvel to the point of being just the second MCU origin film after Black Panther to pass the 1 billion mark. That's just the YouTube haters grasping on thin air. CM's a thunderous success.

Actually there are rumors that stated that Disney may have pushed for Captain Marvel to success regardless of what the actress said.
    There are also rumors that the earth is flat.

the comic industry is also going to collapse in the next 6 months, the president will announce that he is an alien sentry sent to test humanity, dogs and cats will begin merging into a singular species, and someday i will be happy
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    None that I can see; however we have this:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...tory-with-Thor

And the Valkyrie Appreciation Thread is morphing into a Jane Foster Appreciation Thread.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...light=valkyrie
    I'm definitely not counting that first one as an Appreciation Thread, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yup, there's one for her Mighty Thor avatar: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...r-Appreciation
    This one's closed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Would probably better to just make a new Jane/Thor/Valkyrie thread that counts everything about her.
    Agreed. Discussing Jane in threads about other characters will almost always lead to an argument, tbh. I think I'm gonna create one just for herself, if that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Erik selvig for war Thor!��
    LOL, I know you're likely joking, but just to be clear, I was talking about Eric Masterson being brought to the MCU. Speaking of Eric, I wonder if they might give Jane his codename, Thunderstrike.

WoW... just.... WoW.

after 5 years of suffering in the comics, now we have to suffer this on the big screen.

I'm done with MCU.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Surprised they’re having Jane and Portman on board for this.
    The MCU hasn’t failed yet so let’s just go along for the ride.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Jaime Alexander as Sif could headline her own joint, maybe for people who are looking for a little more action/adventure than the comedy fare that these things have become. Plus I dig Sif, I want to see what she's up to. Maybe in a grittier, cosmic flick?

Cool that Natalie Portman is back. Hopefully this can get them back together and coexist with the power of Thor. I think making Thor unworthy or killing him would be a huge let down, especially after his whole redemption arc in Avengers. Let them both be Thor, Thor and Lady Thor. Two Thors. Maybe more Thors? Lots of Thors.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-20-2019 at 10:49 PM.