Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    Yeah Im done with last five years having Aaron one of worst writers Thor ever had ruin him in comics with next Thor movie taking ideas from Aaron run about be ruined on big screen expect him give up his own name have his arm cut off turned drunken one armed fat bum.
    the last part is halfway there.

just cut off his arm and you have that already.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Well it's not like Feige and Waititi and Co. are going to lift entire ideas from Aaron's Thor run wholesale and transplant them into this film as is. They already changed Hela's parentage. So MCU Jane becoming Thor does not automatically have to require Thor Odinson becoming unworthy, losing an arm, etc.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well it's not like Feige and Waititi and Co. are going to lift entire ideas from Aaron's Thor run wholesale and transplant them into this film as is. They already changed Hela's parentage. So MCU Jane becoming Thor does not automatically have to require Thor Odinson becoming unworthy, losing an arm, etc.
    this is very much where my hope remains for this movie, that Feige and Taika are not idiots to **** on Thor and the Thor mythos the way aaron did to push his pet jane. They know Hemsworth brings in the viewers to the Thor movies and you don't mess with that. Also Ragnarok showed Taika is a good director and he treated Odin with a lot of respect in that movie (whereas aaron shat on Odin), for example the "are you thor, the god of hammers" was a GREAT scene~

basically, take the concept of fem-thor and make a movie out of it, it will work just fine. The concept itself is not bad and it's been done to success before, just don't copy the rest of aaron's comic.

Easy starting points: don't call her thor, don't make her the bestest strongest thor from the moment she picks up the hammer, have her struggle/lose/work/train for the power and success, don't retcon Mjolnir, don't force unworthy Thor and so on.
    Last edited by voidox; 07-21-2019 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The MCU takes the stories from the comics and reinterprets them, often for the better. MCU Thor doesn't have the same identity issues that Comic Thor has had in Aaron's run (seriously, guy needs a therapist, not more hammers), So my hope is that Taika will reinterpret the story of Jane-thor, without making OGThor a meandering, miserable, self-loathing sad sack who uses copious amounts of alcohol as a coping mechanism. Or they don't make Jason Aaron a consultant.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Aaron's run on Thor sold much better than the book had previously, especially the arc as Jane as Thor improved sales massively.
    except that's not true, the real sales figures and how they compare to previous Thor comics have been brought up maaaany times by many different people. So I'll just quote one of em, @wall-crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Now we're pretending Aaron saved Thor comic books from being cancelled ? That's a big no, I mean, we just had two consecutive events based around Thor's world (Siege and Fear Itself) which shaped the entirety of the Marvel landscape at that time, we had JMS run which sold hilariously better than Aaron's, we had Gillen and then Fraction, both of whom had comparable sales to Aaron's books.

Aaron saved nothing, quite the contrary, he has alienated the Thor fanbase, at least when you have meh stories you still have your fans, but Aaron managed to push away a lot of fans (granted he brought in new ones, about the same as he pushed away), but in the end, Aaron saved absolutely nothing.

Talk about going out of your way to defend a writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    You do seem to have a minority opinion that does not matter much to the success of comics and movies
    minority? lol but I see the majority opinion that aaron's thor run was bad and he ruined many parts of the Thor mythos~

EDIT - just to bring up, aaron's War of the Realms event also sold badly despite it being this giant event~
    Last edited by voidox; 07-21-2019 at 04:29 AM.

BANNED

Portman was in my mind the absolute worst casting of an ongoing character in the MCU. By far.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Jaime Alexander as Sif could headline her own joint, maybe for people who are looking for a little more action/adventure than the comedy fare that these things have become. Plus I dig Sif, I want to see what she's up to. Maybe in a grittier, cosmic flick?

Cool that Natalie Portman is back. Hopefully this can get them back together and coexist with the power of Thor. I think making Thor unworthy or killing him would be a huge let down, especially after his whole redemption arc in Avengers. Let them both be Thor, Thor and Lady Thor. Two Thors. Maybe more Thors? Lots of Thors.
    I dont know if we're ever going to see Sif again, honestly. I hope so, and if Portman/Jane is returning (who saw that coming?) you never know.....but I don't see it. Still, most of Thor's supporting cast is dead now, with only Val, Korg, and Mieik (spelling?) left; even with Jane returning I feel like there'd be room for Sif.....and given the movie's title I could see them maybe trying some kind of weird romance thing between Val, Thor, and Sif, with Jane tossed in as the ex.

Doubt we're gonna get "unworthy" like Aaron wrote. Endgame already went through that and left things with Thor well on his way to recovery. Taikiti (spelling?) went overboard on the humor in Ragnarok but he's a smart guy and I don't see him re-treading a plot Endgame just did.

And for real, I'm just laughing at everyone who's automatically assuming the worst. Ya'll haven't been paying attention to the MCU; they don't straight up copy stories, they do their own thing. Just because JaneThor originated with Aaron doesn't mean the movie is going to follow that narrative and do all the things ya'll are bitching about.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-21-2019 at 06:58 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Wonder who the big bad is gonna be. Must be a powerhouse to require the combined efforts of 2 Thors & the new Queen of Asgard to bring them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Wonder who the big bad is gonna be. Must be a powerhouse to require the combined efforts of 2 Thors & the new Queen of Asgard to bring them down.
    I want Ulik because he's cool, but nah it'll be Gorr, that's fine.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I want Ulik because he's cool, but nah it'll be Gorr, that's fine.
    What about Mangog, especially if they are pulling from Aaron's run?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What about Mangog, especially if they are pulling from Aaron's run?
    oh i forgot about him, that would be dope
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    oh i forgot about him, that would be dope
    I know right!? I could see Mangog judging Odinson as Unworthy because of his failure to stop Thanos.

Ahh the potential is so maddening, cannot wait.

Hopefully now we will see awesome omnibuses of Aaron's run

Astonishing Member

Cool.I liked the previous three Thor movies(The second one was not the best one but not terrible either) so i am looking forward to watch this one as well.
    And i am quite intrigued to know who will be the villain of the movie.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If love is going to be a major theme in the movie I want Enchantress.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If love is going to be a major theme in the movie I want Enchantress.
    ohhh, Enchantress would be so awesome