Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    See, one thought I had, which I can't seem to find the answer to is this:

Why have I seen Jane being called the next Thor instead of the next God/Goddess of Thunder?
    Yea I think the Aaron run established that Thor was a title. Jane became Thor and Thor became just Odinson. But I idk I never read it just what I heard people saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am not trying to be a dick by really how imposing is a 5'3" 120lb Thor going to be? She is going to look like a little kid going trick or treating.
    Tom Cruise is like, the worlds most famous action movie star.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    I don't know why'd they would bring back portman. Sif, or Valkrye, or another female thor would be cool, but her character and performance is so boring. She's the opposite of fun.
    We're on page. I don't object to a female Thor, but not Portman. Probably too much to hope that when she claims Mjolnir, she turns into another actress.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Tom Cruise is like, the worlds most famous action movie star.
    And others like Sly Stallone, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, etc aren't all that tall either.

I am not trying to be a dick by really how imposing is a 5'3" 120lb Thor going to be? She is going to look like a little kid going trick or treating.
    She seemed to do alright in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Personally I never understood what folks had against Natalie as Jane - I loved her in both movies.
    My problem with Jane Foster in the movies wasn't about who was playing her. It's that she didn't seem to have much of a reason for being there other than tradition, and the 'romance' with Thor was forced as Hel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    She seemed to do alright in the comics.
    Also Captain Marvel played by Brie Larson is skinny as a rail. Gal Gadot did a good job putting in some mass but she was still very skinny aswell. Neither are as short as Portman but Thor is a character who's strength doesnt come from Muscle size. She doesn't need to look intimidating but when she crushes the biggest guy with a flick of a wrist I'm sure people will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I think the Aaron run established that Thor was a title. Jane became Thor and Thor became just Odinson. But I idk I never read it just what I heard people saying.
    Well for reference those people may have mislead you. Aaron sets up that she is transformed into a goddess early on, then she is handed the name, she then goes on thematically and literally to be compared to gods and in the end is recognised as being Thor.

There’s a lot of fan debate about almost everything in the run for many reasons, so it’s not easy to find a neutral POV on this story. I am not neutral either but I have read it all multiple times up to now and made a study of the themes and Aaron’s approach, mainly because I have enjoyed what for me is one of the all-time best runs on one of my favourite characters.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-21-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

We don’t know yet, but CGI is getting pretty good and presumably she will be transformed into a much taller, possibly blonde, very different looking goddess.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    My problem with Jane Foster in the movies wasn't about who was playing her. It's that she didn't seem to have much of a reason for being there other than tradition, and the 'romance' with Thor was forced as Hel.
    Well I wouldn’t say forced because there were moments it felt very genuine. But yes, her role was entirely subservient. It’s kind of like the Dr Who problem. Feisty, forceful or even professional are not good substitutes for interesting in ones own right or being written with nuance and depth. Many Dr Who writers fell into this trap even with excellent actresses and sometimes with pretty good and well rounded characters.

Even from the title and the little we know this sounds like a far more interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It wasn't really a title. He kind of just lent her his name and everybody just ran with it.

"God of Thunder" is more of a title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I'd rather see her as Thor then as Panda Bear dying of a broken heart during child birth over that execrable loser Anakin.
    hmmmmmm hmmm hmmmm
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Wow, imagine being so reactionary to the point that you focus on the vocal minority of unreasonable complainers (or "comicsgaters") more so than the people making reasonable criticisms that are worth listening to, which seems to to be the case with the co-creator of The Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Wow, imagine being so reactionary to the point that you focus on the vocal minority of unreasonable complainers (or "comicsgaters") more so than the people making reasonable criticisms that are worth listening to, which seems to to be the case with the co-creator of The Punisher.
    Don’t underestimate how angry that made people. And how much of ‘reasonable criticism’ is informed by it. Every day I see people claiming incorrect nonsense or spinning things in extreme ways in the name of reason, despite regurgitating these people’s points word for word.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

She's around 5'0 and maybe weighs 110lbs.

I'd like to see somebody playing a Viking Goddess less petite, more toned, and give a convincing performance. (Every time Natalie speaks, it sounds like she's reading from a cue card)

No, you're not a dick, you have an opinion and you're trying to express it respectfully.

Aaron has written the best Thor Story recently which is the God Butcher/Godbomb Saga. This would make an epic movie, especially if you look at Thor's Current Status. Its perfect for him to find his way back.

Instead we're getting Petite Goddess of Thunder and her valkyrie bff