Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I seriously want Darcy as her sidekick.

1. she was always the one with great comedic timing.
    2. I'm still convinced she's Loki's kid and having it revealed creates a foil for lady thor.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post

1. she was always the one with great comedic timing.
    2. I'm still convinced she's Loki's kid and having it revealed creates a foil for lady thor.
    Iono about part 2 but I will say I never hated Darcy she would make me laugh. So I never got the hate for her I just thought Thor 1 was ok and Thor 2 meh. Everytime she tried to day Mljonir was me untill recently lol. We got enough Thor that I got it now but yea I couldnt say that shot before.

Ultimate Member

I'd rather see Dr. Selvig back honestly. I didn't hate Darcy, but she didn't do much for me, whereas I always liked him in these films. Plus him seeing his protégé basically become Thor would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'd rather see Dr. Selvig back honestly. I didn't hate Darcy, but she didn't do much for me, whereas I always liked him in these films. Plus him seeing his protégé basically become Thor would be fun.
    Yeah! Let's make it about some old white guy! Just leave the icky girls out of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I love Natalie Portman and was always so disappointed how wasted she was in the Thor movies. Well, I think she was good in the first one but I thought the second movie was a mess all around and her role being one of the weaker parts. But now to see her return and in the role of Jane!Thor? I'm so hyped
    Portman wasn't thrilled with how Jenkins was treated during Thor 2. She only starred in it because she was contracted to do so. From what I understand, Portman was signed for 3 films. So her contract was done with Endgame. I am more curious about what swayed her to renew with Marvel. Obviously the expanded role and the opportunity to become a major "heroine" in the MCU is too good to pass up.

Still, her beef was behind the scenes in how the films were being managed. Then again, that was while Ike was still pulling the strings. It is handled differently over there now.

Anyway, Thor 4 is going to be shot at Fox Studios here in Sydney (Portman is no stranger as she was here when they were doing Star Wars eps 2 and 3.) What is also surprising, is that some of Shang-Chi is going to be filmed here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Portman wasn't thrilled with how Jenkins was treated during Thor 2. She only starred in it because she was contracted to do so. From what I understand, Portman was signed for 3 films. So her contract was done with Endgame. I am more curious about what swayed her to renew with Marvel. Obviously the expanded role and the opportunity to become a major "heroine" in the MCU is too good to pass up.

Still, her beef was behind the scenes in how the films were being managed. Then again, that was while Ike was still pulling the strings. It is handled differently over there now.

Anyway, Thor 4 is going to be shot at Fox Studios here in Sydney (Portman is no stranger as she was here when they were doing Star Wars eps 2 and 3.) What is also surprising, is that some of Shang-Chi is going to be filmed here as well.
    I am really not convinced a brief voiceover anecdotally literally phoned in and placed over the top of a previously released outtake counts as part of a contractual obligation.

Also, the timescale of these things would suggest that her tiny “voice cameo” in Endgame was probably made after she had completed negotiations over Thor 3.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yeah! Let's make it about some old white guy! Just leave the icky girls out of it.
    But then the movie is still too white, so let’s get a POC female sidekick and still ditch Darcy!

Ultimate Member

Yes, clearly it's the fact that I have a problem with "icky" girls. That's why I love Valkyrie and am supportive of the idea of Jane-Thor, and my favorite Avenger is Black Widow, etc. Yes truly I have a problem with girls, I cannot just be that I don't fine one particular character all that great and prefer another, gender irrelevant.

Oh wait, it's all of those things, nice try.

They say Valkyrie will be depicted as bisexual in the movie, but I'm going to wait and see what actually makes it to the screen.
    Maybe; apparently a few seconds that would've indicated that in the previous one were cut, for artistic reasons or censorship (depending on who you ask). Take two could get the same treatment, but, if Valkyrie's story arc is finding a girlfriend/wife/whatever, that might be a lot harder to edit out. Even more so if the idea is to have love triangle between her and the two Thors.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    Yeah, she should come back in some way. As good as Ragnarok was, I did miss Jane's friends from the originals. While I could see it being tricky to put them in a cosmic story, having people who knew Jane as herself before getting the hammer and powers could be a useful trope.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I wonder who the villain(s) will be. I'm not sure what kind of threat the Mangog will be since Asgard is already destroyed in the last film. I predict it would be redesigned as well.
    Also, since Mangog is a big monster, I think there should be a more human-scale foe to face. I guess there are an assortment of folks out there. Including cosmic, non-Asgardian villains. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder who the villain(s) will be. I'm not sure what kind of threat the Mangog will be since Asgard is already destroyed in the last film. I predict it would be redesigned as well.
    Also, since Mangog is a big monster, I think there should be a more human-scale foe to face. I guess there are an assortment of folks out there. Including cosmic, non-Asgardian villains. We'll see.
    Gorr the God Butcher would be fitting considering this is drawing from Jason Aaron's Thor run.

Mangog would fit since he was a major antagonist during Jane's run and a major Thor villain.

I could see Enchantress fitting thematically. She's probably the most iconic Thor villain they haven't used yet, although I think they gave Hela some of her traits (specifically Skurge).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Gorr and Enchantress are the rumored bad guys. I honestly woukdnt be surprised if This, Eternals and GOTG vol 3 also tease Galactus too. I feel like we will Get a straight up Silver Surfer movie inside of 6years. Wouldnt mind if they bumped Nova for the Surfer.

Ultimate Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/JaimieAle...99827504689153

Seems like Lady Sif wants to be Valkyrie's queen.

If Jaimie Alexander comes back to play Lady Sif, how would you explain her absence? How about she was charged by Odin to look for Balder with a small band of gods? With Loki "dead" Thor could play off a different type of brotherly relationship while Sif and Valkyrie gets close.
    I just want Balder in the damn MCU. He's so underappreciated. I wouldn't even mind if Chris' brother Liam plays him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    If Jaimie Alexander comes back to play Lady Sif, how would you explain her absence? How about she was charged by Odin to look for Balder with a small band of gods? With Loki "dead" Thor could play off a different type of brotherly relationship while Sif and Valkyrie gets close.
    I just want Balder in the damn MCU. He's so underappreciated. I wouldn't even mind if Chris' brother Liam plays him.
    That works or anything that took her off world. Once Asgard was destroyed she would have no way of getting ahold of Thor or anyone else. Unless your Heimdall or someone tasked with guarding the Bifrost no one has phones lol or space ships so I dont know how she gets back once the bifrost is gone. She would be stranded out there and like Thor have to find a way back.

I suggested they bring Balder back too. I was hoping for Gorr the God butcher movie where Thor,Valkryie team up with Hercules,Ares and then bring back Baldur who Thor thought died long ago. Thor already had the little brother who's a fu** up relationship. Would be cool to see him with a Older bother he looks up to and respected. As far as him never being mentioned just say the pain was too much for Odin after Hela and Baldur that he made speaking either they're names a crime.