Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

This looks sooo good. Great job!

Creative Director Michael Sacal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrap View Post
    This looks sooo good. Great job!
    Thanks!

We're putting the finishing touches on the Kickstarter for the first issue. I hope to have it all ready very soon.
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

BANNED

looks well thought out. Very Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    looks well thought out. Very Interesting.
    Thank you!
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

Which one of these two statements do you agree with?

"...being close to God cleanses the soul. Tell Him what you did, and He will forgive you." -- Satkiran Kaur, Knights Legacy: Awakening of The Pendragon.

"...God can’t absolve your trespasses. Only the person you hurt can forgive you…" -- Christopher Eleazar, Knights Legacy: Awakening of The Pendragon.
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

Knight's Legacy: Awakening of The Pen Ddraig Kickstarter Fundraiser

Knight's Legacy: Awakening of The Pen Ddraig is a 144-page graphic novel created and written by Michael Sacal (with Pascal Salzmann and Adam K), penciled by John Andrey Portilla, inked by Kevin Leverett, colored by Roberto Torres, and lettered by ET Dollman, with cover by Art Gutierrez.

This is the first of three fundraisers needed to raise the funds necessary to produce all three 48-page installments of this three-issue mini-series. Subsequent to the publication of the third issue, all issues will be collected into a single 144-page graphic novel.

Monday, June 23 at 12:00am in EDT
    Last edited by Michael Sacal; 06-20-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

BANNED

Luks gr8 & has a gd concept...but d lack of diversity in d cast is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Luks gr8 & has a gd concept...but d lack of diversity in d cast is staggering.
    There do seem to be a lot of white women, yes, but that is really due to the research done on the project which pretty much dictates how these particular characters look. In terms of the characters I created (i.e. the wholly original ones) I strived to be as diverse as possible.

For instance, there are six women. Of those, two are black (one from France and the other from England), one is Indian, one is German, one is Irish, and one is British. The German, irish, and British ones are white, which gives us a balance of three white women and two black women and one Indian woman, which I think is good.

With the men, I did probably fail to be more racially diverse, with only one black man and six white men, but that was a consequence of where the story is set and who these people are. There just wasn't an opportunity to have for instance a Mexican or an Asian, both of whom might have been out of place given the geographical location of the story and their very specific, story-driven backgrounds.

In general terms, the overall story moving forward becomes increasingly far more diverse as the narrative moves away from one specific location on the map to becoming a more global adventure (it was always designed this way from the start) that sees the inclusion of characters from all over the world, like Asia, Mexico, Russia, the US, and elsewhere, etc.
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

Knight's Legacy: Awakening of the Pen Ddraig Kickstarter (Book I of III)

KNIGHT'S LEGACY: AWAKENING OF THE PEN DDRAIG is the story of the modern heirs to the legacy of the PENDRAGON.
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

Are you uncertain about donating to the Knight's Legacy Kickstarter? Download "Knight's Legacy: The Essential Guide" and learn all you need about this series before you decide.
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

New Reward Added "$25 USD. Tomes of The Pen DDraig -- Two print copies of KNIGHT'S LEGACY: AWAKENING OF THE PEN DDRAIG Book I with a wraparound cover by ARTURO GUTIERREZ. Includes access to previews and updates. Free shipping to the UK."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-ddraig-book-i
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

Knights Legacy: Awakening of The Pen Ddraig is the story of the modern heirs to the legacy of the PENDRAGON. (click this link to be taken to the Kickstarter page)

A soulless man in search of his identity in the world of man and a selfish man in search of the place where he comes from in the world of magic must find their missing senses of justice and virtue if they are to stop an ancient Druid order from conquering the modern Kingdoms of Camelot.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************

I've conducted several interviews about Knight's Legacy, added several new rewards, and revised one previous reward.

There are two rewards exclusive to the UK, both with free shipping. The first one is for $25 dollars, which entitles the backer to two print copies of Knight's Legacy Book I. The second one is for $50, and entitles the backer to one print copy of Knight's Legacy Book I, Book Ii, and Book III, and one PDF copy of the same.

There is one reward exclusive to the US also with free shipping. It is for $8 dollars, which entitles the backer to one print copy of Knight's Legacy Book I.

The revised reward is the one for $15 dollars, which now entitles the backer to two print copies of Knight's Legacy Book I rather than the one in the description.

Interviews:

IndieComiX
    EatYourComics.com
    Comic Book Interviews.com
    A Place To Hang Your Cape
    SlamFist Media

Please, read these interviews, comment, share, retweet, and help spread the word. And if you think this is something that might interest you, please consider donating.

Thank you,
    Last edited by Michael Sacal; 07-04-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

Virtue Overcomes Avarice, And Might Applied To A Just Cause Makes Right

An article about Knight's Legacy I've written for Bleeding Cool.
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

Please take a moment to read and comment on these interviews I've conducted with these various websites in which I tell them more about Knight's Legacy and the Majestic Universe.

Bleeding Cool

A Place To Hang Your Cape

Indie Comix

EatYourComics

ComicBookInterviews.com

Slamfist Media

Movies Comics & Miscellaneous Crap (Podcast)

************************************************** ****************************

An $8 USD Reward entitles the backer to one print copy of Knight's Legacy Book I with free shipping in the US Only.

A $15 USD Reward Reward entitles the backer to one print copy of Knight's Legacy Book I with free shipping in the UK Only.

Your donations can help make a goal 16 years in the making a reality.

Thank you!
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

Friends,

It is the final week of the Kickstarter campaign for my graphic novel, Knights Legacy Awakening of The Pen Ddraig. I need your help spreading the word to find as many donors as I can among yourselves, your friends, and your friend' friends.

I neither aim to spam or annoy, merely ask you to help me spread the word about this project so it reaches far and wide, and, if you're able, to donate (if you can't, that's perfectly fine, and I thank you anyway), and to help continue to spread the word.

Knight's Legacy: Awakening of the Pen Ddraig is the story of the modern heirs to the legacy of the Pendragon.

It is the story of a soulless man in search of his identity in the world of man and a selfish man in search of the place where he comes from in the world of magic who must find their missing senses of justice and virtue if they are to stop a Druid order from conquering the modern Kingdoms of Camelot.

Rewards of note include:

$8 USD for one print copy of the first issue of Knight's Legacy, with free shipping within he United States.

$8 USD for one print copy of the first issue of Knight's Legacy, with free shipping to Canada.

$15 USD for two copies (shipping cost within the USA included).

$25 USD for two copies, with free shipping to the United Kingdom.

$25 USD for two copies, with free shipping to Canada.

$50 USD for all three copies of Knight's Legacy in print and PDF format (shipping cost within the USA included), and $50 USD for all three copies in both formats with free shipping to the UK.

$50 USD for all three copies of Knight's Legacy in print and PDF format (shipping cost within the USA included), and $50 USD for all three copies in both formats with free shipping to Canada.

$50 USD for one print and one PDF copy of the first issue of Knight's Legacy and you'll be drawn as a character in this same issue.

$100 for a custom illustration that depicts you as a knight of the round table sitting on the Siege Perilous, and turns you into a character in a future Knight's Legacy story set in the time of King Arthur Pendragon.

Knight's Legacy: Awakening of The Pen DDraig Kickstarter.
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal