Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wesley was at his peak in the 90s. People thought he was going to be even huger then he was. Also y'all acting like Wesley can't act he has great performances under his belt don't get it twisted. The man is a versatile actor if you watch his other works beside Blade. He's been inching back post prison like RDJ, but Marvel wanted a younger more current Blade and Ali's celebrity is at an all-time high with his awards and roles in critically acclaimed movies and tv shows. Wesley will likely be Jamal Affari in the first or second movie in this reboot.

As for Blade 3, Goyer never directed a commercial let alone a hit movie. That was one of the failings of New Line it was a mom and pop operation in a sense. They screwed over Spawn they almost screwed over Blade 1 if you do some digging. Blade 3 was kinda screwed from the start and you can't blame Wesley for being upset and seeing it coming. This notion that somehow he's a primadonna when this is literally the only instance recorded along with the reasons I laid out makes it silly. David Harbor was supposed to be terrible on the set of the new Hellboy. Christian Bale was terrible on the set of Terminator (supposedly). You can go down the list of actors who are said to be hard to work with or had attitude problems. Gene Hackman is supposed to be awful to everyone. James Spader has epic melt downs on the Black List every time his co-star messes up or flubs a line. Charlie Sheen, Shannen Doherty, Sharon Stone, Mike Meyers, Edward Norton (I actually disagree with this one), Casey Affleck, Katherine Heigl, Chevy Chase, Bruce Willis, Daniel Day-Lewis, Tom Hardy, Russell Crowe, Alec Baldwin, Steven Seaagall, Marlon Brando, Shia LaBeouf, and Kirk Cameron. These are people with a history and track records. Directors like Francis Ford Coppola and David O. Russell have track records of being crazy difficult to work with. Wesley should never be labeled a diva based on his body of work, especially when he was in the right about Blade 3 and tried to save it initially.

Wesley Snipes in his long career is anything but that. However, Wesley is not the star he was then and the MCU has grown into something bigger. They wanted something for the next generation. RDJ worked out because they liked him and they got him for cheap initially. The rest is history. Marvel's being forward-thinking about this
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If they could do a movie with the level of dark that the Netflix shows managed without going R, I think it’s doable. Though I still think it would have been better as an Hulu tv show that could crossover with Gabe’s Ghost Rider and Helstrom.

Movie has a bigger budget and bigger exposure and will be taken more seriously by Disney. A movie can do more for Marvel and Disney. Hulu really can’t so I’m glad Kevin pushes for it.
    The J-man

Snipes has been in constant contact with Marvel Studios since his release and spoke about it as recently as last August. I doubt this is a coincidence. He said he had two Blade projects and they were so good it was only a matter of picking one over the other. I'm wondering if this is one of them, or a version of it. I'm also wondering if he'll be Drumm. He wanted to be BP but that fell through, he was Blade, but maybe after all this time he figures let someone else do it while he plays another black character. Which I'd be all for. But that's just speculation.

Finally, just want to say to Cliffhanger2 and Jabare: thanks. Glad I'm not the only one to ever point out those things.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Snipes has been in constant contact with Marvel Studios since his release and spoke about it as recently as last August. I doubt this is a coincidence. He said he had two Blade projects and they were so good it was only a matter of picking one over the other. I'm wondering if this is one of them, or a version of it. I'm also wondering if he'll be Drumm. He wanted to be BP but that fell through, he was Blade, but maybe after all this time he figures let someone else do it while he plays another black character. Which I'd be all for. But that's just speculation.

Finally, just want to say to Cliffhanger2 and Jabare: thanks. Glad I'm not the only one to ever point out those things.
    Yo no problem. It's hard to see how ppl were so quick to drag Wesley after one movie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering what they're going to do with Blade since he's a very difficult character to apply with the kind of tone and style the MCU movies have.

I was figuring that made him more likely to appear in the Hulu stuff then in something like this.

But still. Blade! And Mahershala Ali .
    My sentiments exactly.
    The first Blade was one of my favourite films. I really hope they won't 'tone it down'
    After all, they made the end of Asgard a comedy!

Ultimate Member

Wesley can act. He's one of those action stars that can also do more dramatic stuff, or even comedy at times. His problem was more him getting a big ego and a rep for being "difficult to work with," which hurt his career. Oh and the whole "going to prison for tax evasion" thing as well.

From what I've heard, he wanted to do Black Panther at first, and when that didn't work out we got Blade instead. So I'd love to see Wesley appear in BP 2, that'd be cool.

I'll be watching this for sure. While Mahershala Ali is not who I think of when I think of Blade, I fully admit that my perception of who Blade should be is defined by Wesley Snipes. I cannot imagine anyone else being able to portray Blade on live action better than Snipes.

Ali is a fantastic actor and I can see him bringing something very new and different compared to what Snipes did. No matter what, I just wanted something Blade related and I am so glad Marvel Studios is finally taking a crack at the character.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Wesley can act. He's one of those action stars that can also do more dramatic stuff, or even comedy at times. His problem was more him getting a big ego and a rep for being "difficult to work with," which hurt his career. Oh and the whole "going to prison for tax evasion" thing as well.

From what I've heard, he wanted to do Black Panther at first, and when that didn't work out we got Blade instead. So I'd love to see Wesley appear in BP 2, that'd be cool.
    See people say that. It was one movie Blade 3 and they brought in a director snipes didnt want and tried to screw Snipes out of Money. He didnt wanna do the movie and maybe acted less then mature. But other then that one movie I've seen people say nothing but nice things about him. His career stalled out cause he went to prison and prior did a bunch of shitty movies overseas to raise funds before going to prison. Snipes it a show stealer imo. One of my favorite performances of his was Demolition man. He was hilarious and sells action scenes in a way most Hollywood actors cant.

Can Mahershela Ali do a British accent? Because that's a good way to sperarte yourself out the gate. Set the movie in London and Make him brittish. That why Elba would been my first choice but he was already Heimdall and in latter movies played the character without the helmet and constant whited out eyes. So he was too recognizable for the GA not to notice hes suddenly blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    See people say that. It was one movie Blade 3 and they brought in a director snipes didnt want and tried to screw Snipes out of Money. He didnt wanna do the movie and maybe acted less then mature. But other then that one movie I've seen people say nothing but nice things about him. His career stalled out cause he went to prison and prior did a bunch of shitty movies overseas to raise funds before going to prison. Snipes it a show stealer imo. One of my favorite performances of his was Demolition man. He was hilarious and sells action scenes in a way most Hollywood actors cant.
    Also last August he refuted everything (the onset reports and especially Patton Oswalt's account), saying the only thing that was true was the post-it notes. But even then he said that was out of convenience not having an attitude cause everything was so far away and they didn't have walkie-talkies for some reason. No one was there but I believe him cause where are these diva antics before and especially after Blade 3. I also find it funny people bring up his stint in prison but no one else's. Everyone unanimously agrees RDJ being in and out of jail and drug issues should remain in the past, but with Wes it'll be put on his tombstone at this rate.

Can Mahershela Ali do a British accent? Because that's a good way to sperarte yourself out the gate. Set the movie in London and Make him brittish. That why Elba would been my first choice but he was already Heimdall and in latter movies played the character without the helmet and constant whited out eyes. So he was too recognizable for the GA not to notice hes suddenly blade.
    I say keep him as close to how Snipes's Blade was. Besides America can have more than ONE black male hero (Falcon) can't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Also last August he refuted everything (the onset reports and especially Patton Oswalt's account), saying the only thing that was true was the post-it notes. But even then he said that was out of convenience not having an attitude cause everything was so far away and they didn't have walkie-talkies for some reason. No one was there but I believe him cause where are these diva antics before and especially after Blade 3. I also find it funny people bring up his stint in prison but no one else's. Everyone unanimously agrees RDJ being in and out of jail and drug issues should remain in the past, but with Wes it'll be put on his tombstone at this rate.

I say keep him as close to how Snipes's Blade was. Besides America can have more than ONE black male hero (Falcon) can't it?
    I believe Patton's Oswalt because other people like Reynolds have been asked and they dont talk about. If everything was great they would say so. But i think Snipes was 100% Justified on the fact they tries to screw him out of money alone. On top of Oswalts kevin smithish story, didnt Goyer say Snipes choked him or someshit. Anyway Goyer has worked on some amazing movies but boy everytime he talks I wish he would shut up.

I think Snipes has become the butt of a few tax jokes because prison but I dont think anyone holds it against him. Prison and the crap low budget movies he did overseas before that just stalled out his career too much. I think like RDJ he just needs that one big breakout role to be back.

Well we also got War Machine/Iron Patriot in America. Cage dont count because i dont think Feige recognizes anything from Pearlmutters side of the fence. And I think separating yourself from Snipes version to avoid comparisons is best. Some go more comic accurate. Make him brittish(He can be in New York IDC but keep the accent) also like some else suggested dont make him hunt only Vampires. Also make him much older like born in the early 1900s. Which then leaves room for flashbacks that show him cross paths with other Long lived or older characters . IIRC I read a comic where young Blade meets Wolverine in London and Wolverine gives him his Trench coat.. stuff like that should be left out of a first movie, focus on Blade but could lead to cool connections years down the line. Anyway yea I think remaking Snipes blade is a bad idea. Make a more comic accurate blade and give Snipes a role in it.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-21-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    But other then that one movie I've seen people say nothing but nice things about him.
    Then you should read Jennifer Lopez's account of his behavior on the set of Money Train. Some real creep stuff if true.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Then you should read Jennifer Lopez's account of his behavior on the set of Money Train. Some real creep stuff if true.
    that account is different then the rumors started from Blade 3 tho.

I'll also say having been on shoots with J-Lo she's a super diva almost at Mariah Carrey levels.
    The J-man

If we HAVE to have Snipes I'd give him a Banner esque role. Not a full movie but strong supporting role. Maybe Blue Marvel since he's roughly the right age now?

"Where the hell were you when Thanos attacked ?"
    "Anti-matter dimension, went there in the 60s when JFK said the public wasnt ready for "Heroes" but I knew what he meant."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    If we HAVE to have Snipes I'd give him a Banner esque role. Not a full movie but strong supporting role. Maybe Blue Marvel since he's roughly the right age now?

"Where the hell were you when Thanos attacked ?"
    "Anti-matter dimension, went there in the 60s when JFK said the public wasnt ready for "Heroes" but I knew what he meant."
    I want to see Snipes as Whistler