Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Any chance of blade teaming up with Jason Statham as union Jack vs bill Nye as baron blood????

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    that account is different then the rumors started from Blade 3 tho.
    The person I quoted said "But other then that one movie I've seen people say nothing but nice things about him." I pointed out another movie with him where there were issues.

I'll also say having been on shoots with J-Lo she's a super diva almost at Mariah Carrey levels.
    I don't doubt it. It's also not hard to believe that Snipes can be difficult at times. These actors are flawed people jut like the rest of us...I don't put them on pedestals. It's also worth pointing out that J-Lo wasn't a star at the time Money Train was happening. Otherwise she likely wouldn't have gone through with the sex scene.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    If we HAVE to have Snipes I'd give him a Banner esque role. Not a full movie but strong supporting role. Maybe Blue Marvel since he's roughly the right age now?

"Where the hell were you when Thanos attacked ?"
    "Anti-matter dimension, went there in the 60s when JFK said the public wasnt ready for "Heroes" but I knew what he meant."
    Nah I think Denzel is perfect for Blue Marvel just give him the movie. But I would pay to see Snipes in a BP prequel as T'Chaka going up against Klaw and dealing with the fallout of the tragic circumstances of his brother.. That would be some crazy ****.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    The person I quoted said "But other then that one movie I've seen people say nothing but nice things about him." I pointed out another movie with him where there were issues.

I don't doubt it. It's also not hard to believe that Snipes can be difficult at times. These actors are flawed people jut like the rest of us...I don't put them on pedestals. It's also worth pointing out that J-Lo wasn't a star at the time Money Train was happening. Otherwise she likely wouldn't have gone through with the sex scene.

Okay not to get too into the weeds, but again those are two subjectively different claims I think you're lumping in. I get that you're just responding to another poster's response ot you, but I see both of those scenarios as being very different. It's not like we were on these sets so we are just going by hearsay, but based on what we got from Blade 3, Snipes account, Patton's account and the chronic problems with New Line studios it all kind of adds up. Goyer was tight with New Line they gave him an opportunity. Established actors are often wary of first-time Directors. Denzel talks about how he passed on Michael Clayton because of that.

Off the top of my head, the only actors I can think of praising working with Snipes are Don Cheadle, Liam Hemsworth and Woody Harelson (probably the best praise he's gotten).

J-Lo's account wasn't talking about him being disruptive or hard to work with it was about the sex scene that they threw in midway through production. Which is something that Hollywood always seems to do. They want to add in a topless scene or a shower scene or something that actors or actresses might feel uncomfortable with and if you're not a big name they try to do this. In Wesley's case at the time he had a few duds so I'm sure he wanted this film to be a hit, maybe there was an ulterior motive but it didn't sound like it. He's teaming up with Woody Harelson again for the first time since White Men can't jump so I'm sure people had high hopes for this. Again who knows, but those two examples I think are completely different. In Blade 3, it was alleged that he was incredibly difficult to work with and was throwing off the production. We only really hear this from Goyer and Oswalt, but it only takes one. The rumor with Money Train is that J Lo firmly believes that Wesley had something to do with the writer and director adding that scene to the film. Certainly could be true, was never confirmed. Then there were rumors the two were dating for a second, if you remember Wesley brought her to the premiere. Whether that was legit or just a publicity stunt I don't know. Basically, to sum it up there are two schools of thought with the Wesley J Lo beef, he just wanted the film to do well, he was macking on her or there was a brief romance and it fell off. But for those who don't know J Lo filed sexual harassment against Woody Harrelson, Wesley Snipes and I think like a bunch of executives and directors from that film years later, I think it was in the 2000s like 7+ years after the movie, but it is ultimately thrown out of court. She still bashes Money train every time it comes up. This probably hurt her acting career in the short term, as prior to that point she was doing okay with some hit or miss type films. Then she supposedly got blacklisted by the director and one of the producers from certain films because of this. This only got more attention recently (like the last few months) because she brought it up in a recent interview. Otherwise, Money Train was this forgettable movie that nobody really thought anything of. Then supposedly J Lo kind of helped to blacklist Wesley in her own way as she rose to more prominence. She was with Ben Affleck at the time she's meeting with directors and has new inroads in Hollywood. She was a much stronger brand hit musician and actress. It was some film that was basically a ripoff of Phonebooth but it didn't happen. Wesley could be doing worse these days, but J Lo still **** talks him. He's not doing as bad as that director or producer. Not sure if they are still working in Hollywood.

Also somehow Woody Harelson got over on those claims, along with other Hollywood personalities but Wesley still getting dragged.

We don't know for certain if those claims are 100 or not, but the fact that these are the only instances I'm aware of in the circles I've traveled in makes me think those are specific instances and not a pattern of behavior because unlike other actors or directors where you hear the same stories its really just Blade 3 with Wesley everything else seems standard fair or par for the course in all his other movies outside of Blade 1 where he brought in a lot of his own team and took strides to define the character, or like he tried to do with Black Panther. The only consistent thing I've heard about Wesley is he started smoking Weed after Blade II and he use to like to get high a lot for a number of years.

anyway, I've rambled enough.
    Last edited by Jabare; 07-22-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    The J-man

So was listening to something and they said that Fiege said the reason they are doing Blade now is Because Mahershela Ali called and said I want to be Blade. Havent seen the interview that's from so wondering I'd that's true lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So was listening to something and they said that Fiege said the reason they are doing Blade now is Because Mahershela Ali called and said I want to be Blade. Havent seen the interview that's from so wondering I'd that's true lol.
    Mahershala Ali Pitched The Blade MCU Movie To Marvel, Kevin Feige Reveals
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...-feige-reveals

"We have, for years, wanted to find a new way into Blade. We love that character. We love that world. Now with Dr. Strange, and the supernatural elements coming into the MCU, it felt like we could definitely start exploring that. Mahershala wanted to come in and meet with us. And when Mahershala wants to meet, you take the meeting. And I think he had just come off of his second Academy Award. And we were talking very polite and he was talking about what a fan he is, and then he just cut right to it, and was like 'Blade." And we were like, 'Yes.' "

Feige has always spoken highly of Blade as have others for how it helped kick off the superhero renaissance we have today. The rumor is Feige was pushing for a movie and other people at Disney were leaning tv show etc.

I think this gave Feige all the ammunition he needed. Obviously, Wesley had meetings with Marvel and was trying to do something, but this Mahershala was apparently more what Feige was looking for. A talented current actor who has recently won Academy Awards and a Golden Globe.
    The J-man

Mahershala Ali Pitched The Blade MCU Movie To Marvel, Kevin Feige Reveals
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...-feige-reveals

"We have, for years, wanted to find a new way into Blade. We love that character. We love that world. Now with Dr. Strange, and the supernatural elements coming into the MCU, it felt like we could definitely start exploring that. Mahershala wanted to come in and meet with us. And when Mahershala wants to meet, you take the meeting. And I think he had just come off of his second Academy Award. And we were talking very polite and he was talking about what a fan he is, and then he just cut right to it, and was like 'Blade." And we were like, 'Yes.' "

Feige has always spoken highly of Blade as have others for how it helped kick off the superhero renaissance we have today. The rumor is Feige was pushing for a movie and other people at Disney were leaning tv show etc.

I think this gave Feige all the ammunition he needed. Obviously, Wesley had meetings with Marvel and was trying to do something, but this Mahershala was apparently more what Feige was looking for. A talented current actor who has recently won Academy Awards and a Golden Globe.
    Lol that's funny. Feige also talks very highly of Namor as a character. I'm still waiting for him to pop up in someone else's movie. But yea I'm excited for this, Mahershela is a great actor. I dont know if he can throw a kick to save his life but he for sure can throw a convincing punch and has plenty of time to take some martial arts lessons before we this film

Wesley Snipes was meeting w/Kevin about the return of Blade. Wesley was positive w/the talks w/Kevin. What hoppen??

EDIT: Nevermine. Couple of people already posted this.
    Last edited by OceanStar; 07-22-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol that's funny. Feige also talks very highly of Namor as a character. I'm still waiting for him to pop up in someone else's movie. But yea I'm excited for this, Mahershela is a great actor. I dont know if he can throw a kick to save his life but he for sure can throw a convincing punch and has plenty of time to take some martial arts lessons before we this film
    I have enough faith in Marvel to believe that they'd do Namor justice. I imagine they'll bring him along with the Fantastic Four in a few years
    The J-man

I have enough faith in Marvel to believe that they'd do Namor justice. I imagine they'll bring him along with the Fantastic Four in a few years
    Yea Feige more then once said hes one of his favorite characters but because of complicated issues with some producers attached to the original Universal deal they cant put him in his own movie yet. But he could be a great antagonist for F4 , Black Panther, or even Doom if they actually do a Doom movie. And then can cross over into alot of different things

BANNED

that account is different then the rumors started from Blade 3 tho.

I'll also say having been on shoots with J-Lo she's a super diva almost at Mariah Carrey levels.
    Yeah, J-Lo's diva-ness is well-known. Just ask Ben Affleck!
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 07-23-2019 at 05:01 AM.

I like Snipes, but he is 56, and will be 57 in like a week. He'd be like near 60 when the Blade reboot came out. Snipes has also essentially been blacklisted in Hollywood ever since his apparent behavior on the set of Blade Trinity. Just too difficult to work with. Also, the stories of him beating women don't help either. Apparently, Halle Berry is deaf in one ear because of his prior actions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MovieDetail...d_dificulties/

I'm excited for Ali. He's a phenomenal actor, and should blow the roof off as Blade. This franchise is completely in the hands of the MCU now, and it's time to look forward, not backward.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 07-23-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    I like Snipes, but he is 56, and will be 57 in like a week. He'd be like near 60 when the Blade reboot came out. Snipes has also essentially been blacklisted in Hollywood ever since his apparent behavior on the set of Blade Trinity. Just too difficult to work with. Also, the stories of him beating women don't help either. Apparently, Halle Berry is deaf in one ear because of his prior actions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MovieDetail...d_dificulties/

I'm excited for Ali. He's a phenomenal actor, and should blow the roof off as Blade. This franchise is completely in the hands of the MCU now, and it's time to look forward, not backward.
    Reddit is never a good source lol. As others have stated repeatedly they tried to screw Snipes on Trinity he would have been a fool to not be "difficult". It's also double weird that he never had a"difficult to work with" moniker before or after Trinity from other Directors or set ppl. Norrington, Del Toro spoke highly of him so whatever. Not seeing why the character attacks have to come into play. There are plenty of actors who haven't been blacklisted that have serious reps for being difficult or abusive.... Anyway. I like Ali hope he does good but expecting ppl to forget or dismiss the original seems to be the cardinal mistake of reboots. Maybe Disney can break the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Reddit is never a good source lol. As others have stated repeatedly they tried to screw Snipes on Trinity he would have been a fool to not be "difficult". It's also double weird that he never had a"difficult to work with" moniker before or after Trinity from other Directors or set ppl. Norrington, Del Toro spoke highly of him so whatever. Not seeing why the character attacks have to come into play. There are plenty of actors who haven't been blacklisted that have serious reps for being difficult or abusive.... Anyway. I like Ali hope he does good but expecting ppl to forget or dismiss the original seems to be the cardinal mistake of reboots. Maybe Disney can break the cycle.
    Reddit is just like any public talking place on the internet. No different than here. The link in the thread is to a news site that reiterates a claim Berry made a while ago. It's not Reddit specific. As for Blade 3, being difficult on making Blade hasn't done him any favors. It's just made his career worse regardless if he felt he was being screwed. Don't see what calling Ryan Reynolds a cracker has to do with him getting screwed. What did Ryan do. Apparently during the production Snipes wanted Goyer to quit as director, Goyer told him he should quit since they already have all of his closeups. Wesley decided to stay, but only communicated via post-its afterward. If Snipes was truly getting screwed, he wasn't the first actor to do so, and won't be the last. Retaliating with mud-slinging of your own doesn't help matters though, and dragging everyone done with you doesn't either. All it does it burn more bridges.

Maybe Oswalt and Berry are just lying though with nothing to really gain from it. Also, saying other actors have done this or that, but still gotten opportunities like life is fair, is pointless and irrelevant. Snipes's career has gone where it's gone in all probability because of the choices he's made as a professional.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 07-23-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Reddit is just like any public talking place on the internet. No different than here. The link in the thread is to a news site that reiterates a claim Berry made a while ago. It's not Reddit specific. As for Blade 3, being difficult on making Blade hasn't done him any favors. It's just made his career worse regardless if he felt he was being screwed. Don't see what calling Ryan Reynolds a cracker has to do with him getting screwed. What did Ryan do. Apparently during the production Snipes wanted Goyer to quit as director, Goyer told him he should quit since they already have all of his closeups. Wesley decided to stay, but only communicated via post-its afterward. If Snipes was truly getting screwed, he wasn't the first actor to do so, and won't be the last. Retaliating with mud-slinging of your own doesn't help matters though, and dragging everyone done with you doesn't either. All it does it burn more bridges.

Maybe Oswalt and Berry are just lying though with nothing to really gain from it. Also, saying other actors have done this or that, but still gotten opportunities like life is fair, is pointless and irrelevant. Snipes's career has gone where it's gone in all probability because of the choices he's made as a professional.
    Ohhh boy...did Berry ever name him? Ryan did nothing I guess maybe it just wasn't a good idea to try to hand a franchise to Reynolds and Biel unproven actors. When it was Snipes that even Sam Raimi credits with bringing back the genre and making studios believe in superhero movies again. Those were the choices he made as a professional to turn a D-list hero into a successful film franchise-he was a producer on those first 2 films too. But oh yeah give it to Reynolds who was box-office poison for like 15 years until he was handed DP even after decades of failure. But whatever...