Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I can see it. Wonder who will be Deacon Frost.[/QUOTE]

I would cast Kenneth Branagh.

I wouldn't do Deacon Frost again. Don't just redo a similar storyline. Do something fresh, since you're rebooting the character.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I wouldn't do Deacon Frost again. Don't just redo a similar storyline. Do something fresh, since you're rebooting the character.
    Well they can go the Spider-Man route, skip the origin and go right into action. I was always thinking Varnae should be used as a villian for a future Blade movie, I'd just update his design a bit.

great time to bring back Guillermo del Toro. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    great time to bring back Guillermo del Toro. Hopefully.
    Working for Marvel?

While it's not an impossibility, I don't really see him taking that gig.

I wouldn't mind Blade losing his hand and eventually teaming with MI-13.

I've also read rumors they plan to throw Angela in here.

That will make Todd happy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Got a bit of a laugh out of realizing that Norman Reedus(since we've already mentioned Snipes...) is actually the right age to play Whistler now.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Got a bit of a laugh out of realizing that Norman Reedus(since we've already mentioned Snipes...) is actually the right age to play Whistler now.
    And hes as popular as hes ever gonna be right now. I know TWD schedule is crazy but didnt stop Danai from filming Black Panther and 2 avenger movies. Curious why Reedus hasnt been in more big films in some capacity. Dude is also alot older then he looks though. When I tell people hes older then Andrew Lincoln they dont belive me till I pull up Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well they can go the Spider-Man route, skip the origin and go right into action. I was always thinking Varnae should be used as a villian for a future Blade movie, I'd just update his design a bit.
    I think Blade works because your not really doing an origin. Some character can talk about how his mother was attacked by a vampire and how he's become this hybrid. Maybe you throw in a flashback.

Ironically the 2011 anime series probably gave Blade the most detailed background outside of the comics in episode 4 of the series: https://www.sonycrackle.com/watch/1490/2487186
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    They need to redeem Dracula. What's irritating is that Dominic Purcell would have portrayed a worthy Dracula under good direction, Marvel's not going to let him be Dracula again after Trinity.

Kiefer Sutherland should be Deacon Frost (and not the main villain) played as he is in the comics instead of a young upstart. and he should have an alliance with something scarier than vampires (but still supernatural). now's the chance to rebrand him as more than a vampire hunter. sequel should be Blade fighting the Baroness Blood/Axis Mundi-aligned vampire sect in Europe and the Pterrorists. Dracula should be behind the scenes in both but be the heavy in the 3rd (if they make it that far).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Kiefer Sutherland should be Deacon Frost (and not the main villain) played as he is in the comics instead of a young upstart. and he should have an alliance with something scarier than vampires (but still supernatural). now's the chance to rebrand him as more than a vampire hunter. sequel should be Blade fighting the Baroness Blood/Axis Mundi-aligned vampire sect in Europe and the Pterrorists. Dracula should be behind the scenes in both but be the heavy in the 3rd (if they make it that far).
    Why? It's not like people are coming to a Blade movie expecting something other than vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why? It's not like people are coming to a Blade movie expecting something other than vampires.
    I think it would be good for Blade to have an assortment of tricks to take on different monsters. I don't see Ulysses Bloodstone being any type of Marquee character, so I think Blade can fill that role. At minimum, he should not be impotent against non-vampire sorts of creatures, even if he doesn't have anti-werewolf/ghoul/kobold/zombie spray in his utility belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    to differentiate him from what came before

to world build

to give the audience the unexpected

to give Blade something he can fight that doesn't instantly burst into sparks
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-06-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    to differentiate him from what came before

to world build

to give the audience what they are expecting

to give Blade something he can fight that doesn't instantly burst into sparks
    ^Agreed. I also think there should be at least one established mcu character in this film. A small supporting role...or cameo at least. Another thing to distinguish this from the Snipes films is the possibilities of the shared universe.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store