Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    There was a lot of blood in that movie. Remember the dude that got blown up in the hall way from that explosive foam or whatever? Not happening in a Disney movie lol.

Don't get me wrong. Doesn't have to be rated R to be good for the character of Blade, but I do feel that that version of Blade did set the bar for who he is today, and what kind of universe he lives in.
    The general point it is really wasn't that gruesome or sexual and Vampires explode in ash so they can be pretty violent with having to use blood. I have seen the TV cuts of Blade movies and it doesn't suffer in transition. Now I prefer an R rating just to give them to the flexibility be more scary or more gruesome. Maybe touch on some content in a more mature way but Blade would be perfectly as PG13 movie as well

Now what could happen is Blade might be first in maybe a "Marvel Knights" line to be followed eventually by say Daredevil, Punisher, Electra, Luke Cage, etc.. Maybe even Deadpool and Wolverine in the future

I wonder if the film will be rated R though. Probably not, because...Disney.
    I think Logan and Deadpool have both proven there is a market for it.

Honestly I just think he shouldn't be in the MCU and should simply stand on its own, just like those previously mentioned movies. Or, sense its on the heels of the new Dr Strange which they already described as their first foray in to horror, they can firmly root him in a different multiverse so everyone is happy.

and as for the " because ... Disney" argument: You know Disney releases R rated movies all the time, right? They just do it under acquisitions like "Mirimax", just like Marvel is Disney because they acquired Marvel Studios. Technically "Disney" includes Pulp Fiction and Scream.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 07-20-2019 at 11:09 PM.

"The 'Old' Blade Films Were 'R' Rated..." is about the worst argument for the new films to have an "R" rating I can think of.

Should the upcoming "Joker" film's rating be tied to initial Burton film's just because it came first? Of course not.

Just not the most sensible line of reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The general point it is really wasn't that gruesome or sexual and Vampires explode in ash so they can be pretty violent with having to use blood. I have seen the TV cuts of Blade movies and it doesn't suffer in transition. Now I prefer an R rating just to give them to the flexibility be more scary or more gruesome. Maybe touch on some content in a more mature way but Blade would be perfectly as PG13 movie as well

Now what could happen is Blade might be first in maybe a "Marvel Knights" line to be followed eventually by say Daredevil, Punisher, Electra, Luke Cage, etc.. Maybe even Deadpool and Wolverine in the future
    Uhhh, for a Disney movie half of the content in that Blade film from 1998 would not make it past censors. That's just a fact buddy. Seeing certain cuts of the film on TV is really irrelevant since there is rated R shows on television anyway. Blade might be ok for a network like TBS or TNT, but it would never air on ABC lol, like most Marvel films could. The next iteration won't be as dark. Doesn't mean that film won't be as good or better.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 07-20-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "The 'Old' Blade Films Were 'R' Rated..." is about the worst argument for the new films to have an "R" rating I can think of.

Should the upcoming "Joker" film's rating be tied to initial Burton film's just because it came first? Of course not.

Just not the most sensible line of reasoning.
    No one here is making that argument WTF...

Unless this is something you heard elsewhere.

No one here is making that argument WTF...

Unless this is something you heard elsewhere.
    Heard it in page one of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I prefer they just go R Rated since the original Blade was R Rated. I already said it last week on x books. this could be the start of an adult contemporary marvel universe. If Blade is successful, marvel can then introduced X-Force and become bolder telling mature stories.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I think Logan and Deadpool have both proven there is a market for it.

Honestly I just think he shouldn't be in the MCU and should simply stand on its own, just like those previously mentioned movies. Or, sense its on the heels of the new Dr Strange which they already described as their first foray in to horror, they can firmly root him in a different multiverse so everyone is happy.

and as for the " because ... Disney" argument: You know Disney releases R rated movies all the time, right? They just do it under acquisitions like "Mirimax", just like Marvel is Disney because they acquired Marvel Studios. Technically "Disney" includes Pulp Fiction and Scream.
    There is a market for it. Just under the Disney/Marvel umbrella it won't work. At the panel today Feige quickly mentioned that even the Dr. Strange film will be rated PG-13 right after the description using the word "horror" was dropped.

Yes, I know about Disney's other movie divisions. The MCU is a huge film franchise though that is mostly family friendly, and known in the public eye as being owned by Disney. They won't cross into R territory with their big guns. Especially with merchandising and all that jazz. Pulp Fiction ain't selling toys and video games.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Heard it in page one of this thread...
    Okay I see that now. Sounds more like a preference based on taste though.

BANNED

I can’t imagine anyone being a better Blade than Snipes was, but...maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Probably depends on what they intend on doing?

Trying to recreate the original recipe? Probably not the smartest call.

Doing something a bit different? Who knows?

Obvious Snipes is a martial artist and clearly excelled in that area, But Ali can run circles around him acting wise with benefit of Ali isn't a-hole on set. I think people need to use to these characters changing actors ,We have had how many Batmans and Jokers now? When actor and movie script is good they will bring something new character that we will enjoy like Heath Ledger.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Obvious Snipes is a martial artist and clearly excelled in that area, But Ali can run circles around him acting wise with benefit of Ali isn't a-hole on set. I think people need to use to these characters changing actors ,We have had how many Batmans and Jokers now? When actor and movie script is good they will bring something new character that we will enjoy like Heath Ledger.
    While I don't disagree with the broadest version of this take, we are talking about a very particular sort of character.

Unless they intend on changing the origin, Eric will still be being whose mother was attacked by a vampire while he was in utero. While you can do a lot of different versions of "Human Being Of Questionable Stability Adopts 'Clown' Motif...", Eric is going to have some more set parameters.

Niffleheim

I can't picture it myself so I'm not even going to bother with this movie.

Ali is an incredible actor so I think he will kill it. Helps that he’s not a complete drama queen on set like Snipes has been known to be.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Ali is an incredible actor so I think he will kill it. Helps that he’s not a complete drama queen on set like Snipes has been known to be.
    Snipes was never known to be a drama queen onset before or after Trinity. Ppl expected him to just roll over and hand a franchise he built from the ground up to Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Beal. So the drama queen story is bullshit. Ali is a good actor not sure if he's right for Blade tho.