Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Why didn't the cast Salma Hayek should be Sersi not Ajak. Gilgamesh should be Middle Eastern.
    Last edited by nnelg; 07-21-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Why didn't the cast Salma Hayek should be Sersi not Ajak. Gilgamesh should be Middle Eastern.
    I thought Angelina Jolie would be Sersi. I hope she makes it in the movie.

Jesus what a miscast. For like, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Those are some cool looking Celestials .

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Because she wouldn't be a good fit for Sersi. And this is Gilgamesh the Eternal, a marvel character. The Eternals point out how regular humans got things wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Jesus what a miscast. For like, everyone.
    That's not true and you don't have much to base it on anyway. Unless you've seen a trailer we haven't or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'm really surprised Sersi hasn't been announced yet given she was the purported lead and, as obscure as the Eternals are, probably the most popular member.
    Keep in mind that none of that was confirmed and it probably came about because people had assumed Jolie was playing Sersi.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Yep same thing with Makkari and Sprite I'm really annoyed since Ikkarus and Makkari's bromance is probably ome of my favorite aspects of Eternals
    Why is it "annoying "? Men and women can have close platonic friendships.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 07-21-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Kinda funny how they chose an actor of east-asian descent to play Gilgamesh and an actor of south-asian descent to play Kingo instead of the other way around. I'm not bothered by the casting, but it makes you wonder why they just didn't attach each actor to the character who shares the most similar background.

Ohhhh ****, that looks rad. I'm betting we're gonna get a cool opening scene explaining the Celestials and how the Eternals came to be, similar to the Black Panther opening scene.

Astonishing Member

Gilgamesh will finally be relivent

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    I can't think of one single pair other then Johnny and Dutch from Killjoys.

Because she wouldn't be a good fit for Sersi. And this is Gilgamesh the Eternal, a marvel character. The Eternals point out how regular humans got things wrong.
    Really? I could see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Richard Madden as Ikaris
    Richard Madden's Body as Eye Candy
    Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo
    Lauren Ridloff as Makkari
    Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos
    Salma Hayek as Ajak
    Lia McHugh as Sprite
    Don Lee as Gilgamesh
    Angelina Jolie as Thena
    Holy **** what an awesome cast I love Ridloff from TWD

That's not true and you don't have much to base it on anyway. Unless you've seen a trailer we haven't or something.

Keep in mind that none of that was confirmed and it probably came about because people had assumed Jolie was playing Sersi.

How exactly is Salma Hayek a good fit for the role of Ajak but isn't a good fit for the role of Sersi?

The Makkari casting, Im not sure how to feel about it. More diversity is a good thing, and this is a different version, and the eternals are so obscure they probably thought, eh..no one will mind, and Ive loved them since Gaiman's mini, and if Makkari were female, that really wouldn't have changed anything. I'm certain that when Aaron killed them off, they'll be "reincarnated" and look more like their movie counterparts when they come back, and Makkari's one of my favorite characters. I like him a lot.

I still have this nagging thought in the back of my head that I should be excited, but I'm not. I don't like how the internet had made everything into absolutes, you either have to be jumping out of your skin with enthusiasm, or you're a neckbeard. it feels like there's nothing in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The Makkari casting, Im not sure how to feel about it. More diversity is a good thing, and this is a different version, and the eternals are so obscure they probably thought, eh..no one will mind, and Ive loved them since Gaiman's mini, and if Makkari were female, that really wouldn't have changed anything. I'm certain that when Aaron killed them off, they'll be "reincarnated" and look more like their movie counterparts when they come back, and Makkari's one of my favorite characters. I like him a lot.

I still have this nagging thought in the back of my head that I should be excited, but I'm not. I don't like how the internet had made everything into absolutes, you either have to be jumping out of your skin with enthusiasm, or you're a neckbeard. it feels like there's nothing in-between.
    S-S-S-Synergy .