Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The Makkari casting, Im not sure how to feel about it. More diversity is a good thing, and this is a different version, and the eternals are so obscure they probably thought, eh..no one will mind, and Ive loved them since Gaiman's mini, and if Makkari were female, that really wouldn't have changed anything. I'm certain that when Aaron killed them off, they'll be "reincarnated" and look more like their movie counterparts when they come back, and Makkari's one of my favorite characters. I like him a lot.

I still have this nagging thought in the back of my head that I should be excited, but I'm not. I don't like how the internet had made everything into absolutes, you either have to be jumping out of your skin with enthusiasm, or you're a neckbeard. it feels like there's nothing in-between.
    Yeah, I feel you on Makkari. I was a big fan of his appearences in Quasar back in the day, and was hoping that he was going to be the rumoured gay character for Eternals, given that Gru wanted him, Wendall and Her to do a love triangle back in the early 90s, with Makkari and Her both wanting Quasar - and Quasar questioning who he wanted....but editorial didnt go for it.

I'm sure that this cast will do well, and the story will be something big and awesome in the MCU style....but I'm really not feeling this one at the moment (even those Celestials look a bit off, and Bayformer'y), and I say that as a big fan of Jolie and Hayek, and having thirst for Madden.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    S-S-S-Synergy .
    The synergy doesn't bother me anymore, I just want them to admit it instead of calling us stupid fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Yeah, I feel you on Makkari. I was a big fan of his appearences in Quasar back in the day, and was hoping that he was going to be the rumoured gay character for Eternals, given that Gru wanted him, Wendall and Her to do a love triangle back in the early 90s, with Makkari and Her both wanting Quasar - and Quasar questioning who he wanted....but editorial didnt go for it.

I'm sure that this cast will do well, and the story will be something big and awesome in the MCU style....but I'm really not feeling this one at the moment (even those Celestials look a bit off, and Bayformer'y), and I say that as a big fan of Jolie and Hayek, and having thirst for Madden.
    Those celestials need to start working out, they're way too scrawny. I was hoping that Makkari would appeal in a Quasar movie, than a nova movie with richie and sam, leading up to annilation, and possibly war of kings. Makkari being gay wouldn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The synergy doesn't bother me anymore, I just want them to admit it instead of calling us stupid fanboys.
    I wonder if they're going to push the Celestials in the cartoons as much as they pushed the Inhumans...but then I realized there are barely any Marvel cartoons anymore, so it's probably a moot point.

I’m surprised that Angelina Jolie isn’t playing Cersei, and that she isn’t even in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Just like with mutants, all three species were created by the same guy. They need a series quick.

Also, I think Beyoncé's gonna be Sersi.
    Geez, i’d Definitely stay away from that train wreck.

I'm disappointed with what I have seen so far. The only appeal this film has for me are the Celestials.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/g...el-1203290315/

Gemma Chan has been cast in the film. Sersi?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

That would certainly make any future cross overs or collaborations between Captain Marvel and the Eternals potentially interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

I felt like they really wasted her (and her character) in Captain Marvel, heck I think she was the only member of Starforce who they killed on-screen, so making her the lead in this would be cool (if that's not Thena now thanks to Jolie).

I felt like they really wasted her (and her character) in Captain Marvel, heck I think she was the only member of Starforce who they killed on-screen, so making her the lead in this would be cool (if that's not Thena now thanks to Jolie).
    Yeah, I think Thena has to be the lead basically because it's Jolie.

Honestly I thought Jolie was going to play Sersi. Oh well.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think Thena has to be the lead basically because it's Jolie.

Honestly I thought Jolie was going to play Sersi. Oh well.
    I've heard that Jolie's character is a supporting role. The lead role in the film was code-named "Karen" during casting calls to hide the identity of the character and it's still unclear who it is and who will play her. It's possible Chan was cast in this role.

Barry Keoghan has also been cast and people are speculating that he might be playing Eros/Starfox.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Barry Keoghan has also been cast and people are speculating that he might be playing Eros/Starfox.
    Just googled him...he'd be an interesting Starfox, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I've heard that Jolie's character is a supporting role. The lead role in the film was code-named "Karen" during casting calls to hide the identity of the character and it's still unclear who it is and who will play her. It's possible Chan was cast in this role.

That kid from the Dunkirk movie certainly isn't the first person I would think of when I imagine a iive action Star Fox.

That said, marvel's casting in general has been so good I can't help but give them the benefit of the doubt.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Just googled him...he'd be an interesting Starfox, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That kid from the Dunkirk movie certainly isn't the first person I would think of when I imagine a iive action Star Fox.

That said, marvel's casting in general has been so good I can't help but give them the benefit of the doubt.
    I agree that I don't really think he'd be my first pick to play Starfox, but he's apparently withing the age range they were looking for and there's not many roles left to fill out for the cast. It's just speculation for now anyway.

I think for this movie in particular Marvel was just looking for good actors in general and then decided to give them various parts in the movie. For example Kingo and Phastos weren't on any of the casting calls.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 08-05-2019 at 10:58 PM.

That's weird. Minn-Erva is alive in the comics, so why kill her off in the movies?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman