Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's weird. Minn-Erva is alive in the comics, so why kill her off in the movies?
    Because Marvel isn't that invested in their movie villains beyond a few? I mean, Starforce were just there to look cool and get beat up by Carol at the end.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Gemma Chan has been cast in the film. Sersi?
    It just occurred to me; if Jolie had been cast as Sersi instead of Thena, then Chan, who played Minn-Erva, could then play Thena. Minn-Erva… Minerva… Athena… Thena.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It just occurred to me; if Jolie had been cast as Sersi instead of Thena, then Chan, who played Minn-Erva, could then play Thena. Minn-Erva… Minerva… Athena… Thena.
    Damn, I never even thought of that. Nice catch.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because Marvel isn't that invested in their movie villains beyond a few? I mean, Starforce were just there to look cool and get beat up by Carol at the end.
    Yeah, they've gotten rid of every single villain except for the Vulture.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yeah, they've gotten rid of every single villain except for the Vulture.
    I do wish they would slow down on killing off the villains. My dream of seeing some sort of Masters of Evil or Thunderbolts on the big screen ain't gonna happen if they're killing off every villain who isn't Thors brother. There are a few more than that... but my point being the kill rate for the villains, especially early on in the MCU, was surprisingly high.

I'd dig Chan as Sersi. That's more in-line with how I'd hoped they'd cast the character than Jolie. It'll be a little strange to have her doubling up as Minn-Erva and another role, sure, but I can roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do wish they would slow down on killing off the villains. My dream of seeing some sort of Masters of Evil or Thunderbolts on the big screen ain't gonna happen if they're killing off every villain who isn't Thors brother. There are a few more than that... but my point being the kill rate for the villains, especially early on in the MCU, was surprisingly high.
    Personally, for a Thunderbolts movie, I don't think you need the villains to be pre-established characters, except for Zemo. And Zemo is still around! I'm hoping the Falcon/Winter Soldier series lays some groundwork for Zemo going the Tbolts route.