Default Marvel animated Disney Plus show What If to have Jefferey Wright as The Watcher

Another reveal at SDCC. I guess he'll be serving as a Rod Serling type figure. I love The Watcher. So this should be interesting. And apparently a lot of the original top notch actors will be providing voice work for the series. Disney won't cheap out on this one.

I just hope we don't see only certain characters getting the spotlight. I would like really to see an animated Frank Castle in the War Machine Armor or with the venom symbiote.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

All the actors confirmed for What If?...

Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan)
    Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan)
    Thanos (Josh Brolin)
    Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
    Loki (Tom Hiddleston)
    Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson)
    Thor (Chris Hemsworth)
    Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell)
    T’Challa/Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman)
    Nebula (Karen Gillan)
    Clint Barton/Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner)
    Scott Lang/Ant-Man (Paul Rudd)
    Hank Pym (Michael Douglas)
    Dum Dum Duggan (Neal McDonough)
    Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper)
    Kragin (Sean Gunn)
    Jane Foster (Natalie Portman)
    Kurt (David Dastmalchian)
    Dr. Abraham Erskine (Stanley Tucci)
    Korg (Taika Waititi)
    Arnim Zola (Toby Jones)
    Korath (Djimon Hounsou)
    Grandmaster (Jeff Goldbulm)
    Yondu (Michael Rooker)
    Taserface (Chris Sullivan)

This suggests that we are getting a proper alternative take on Captain America: The First Avenger as we know about with Peggy getting the serum and Steve becoming a retro Iron Man. We also know about Loki getting Thor’s hammer. We clearly are getting some alternate take on the Guardians though possibly minus the original team and with Yondu and buddies instead? We have several actors connected to the original Ant Man film, which is interesting. Several Thor: Ragnarok characters, though this could be the Loki with Thor’s hammer one. Evidently there is going to be an alternate take on Black Panther with Killmonger. Outside that it’s hard to predict the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    All the actors confirmed for What If?...

Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan)
    Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan)
    Thanos (Josh Brolin)
    Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
    Loki (Tom Hiddleston)
    Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson)
    Thor (Chris Hemsworth)
    Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell)
    T’Challa/Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman)
    Nebula (Karen Gillan)
    Clint Barton/Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner)
    Scott Lang/Ant-Man (Paul Rudd)
    Hank Pym (Michael Douglas)
    Dum Dum Duggan (Neal McDonough)
    Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper)
    Kragin (Sean Gunn)
    Jane Foster (Natalie Portman)
    Kurt (David Dastmalchian)
    Dr. Abraham Erskine (Stanley Tucci)
    Korg (Taika Waititi)
    Arnim Zola (Toby Jones)
    Korath (Djimon Hounsou)
    Grandmaster (Jeff Goldbulm)
    Yondu (Michael Rooker)
    Taserface (Chris Sullivan)

This suggests that we are getting a proper alternative take on Captain America: The First Avenger as we know about with Peggy getting the serum and Steve becoming a retro Iron Man. We also know about Loki getting Thor’s hammer. We clearly are getting some alternate take on the Guardians though possibly minus the original team and with Yondu and buddies instead? We have several actors connected to the original Ant Man film, which is interesting. Several Thor: Ragnarok characters, though this could be the Loki with Thor’s hammer one. Evidently there is going to be an alternate take on Black Panther with Killmonger. Outside that it’s hard to predict the rest.
    Yeah, seems like we'll probably be getting a What If for the Guardians, Ant-Man, Black Panther, and likely Avengers.

I'm surprised they don't have anyone for Iron Man.

BANNED

What If holds no interest at all for me. Too many of those stories end up being "Look at how bad things would have been if X had happened differently..." Plus just not a lot of interest in general in stories that don't contribute to the broader story.

But if I get Disney+, might be something I check out to see if it will change my mind. If they do a What If? featuring Howard the Duck, I'll be interested though

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, seems like we'll probably be getting a What If for the Guardians, Ant-Man, Black Panther, and likely Avengers.

I'm surprised they don't have anyone for Iron Man.
    I would have thought a logical what if would be an MCU where Tony died in Afghanistan, maybe with Yinsen surviving instead. A sort of MCU take on JLA: The Nail.

I kinda wish there was a darker take on Age Of Ultron in there so they could have a situation which more parallels the original comic and also gives a nice excuse for James Spader and Aaron Johnson to do some voices. I assume an alternate take on the original Avengers film or Infinity War/Endgame is more likely though.