Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Triple dont forget GOTG 3 will be coming quick wont be surprised if its 2022 aswell. When does SS 2 film? Next year? I can see GOTG vol 3 making late 2022

Did they mention the rating for Blade? I mean they can do a good Blade movie without R Rated gore. But I could wish they would make an R rated film to shut up the people who SAY Disney wont let them. Despite Feige saying the opposite
    Could potentially have a Spider-Man 3 in 2022 too if/when the Sony is renewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    With a few exceptions this feels like a filler phase to set up the x-men and lay the groundwork for the next big bad.
    With the integration of TV/movies into larger narrative they’re working towards, it feels more like a testing the water phase to see how people react than a filler one. If it wasn’t for all the TV shows I’d bet phase 4 would of been a bit meatier on the movie side & longer.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 07-21-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Niffleheim

How the hell am I going to get over my utter dislike of Jane Foster? Lol! If it wasn't for Taika I wouldn't even want to watch this movie but I'm still going to. I'm really looking forward to Loki and Eternals but I'm not that excited about Doctor Strange because I dislike horror movies.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

It’s weird that you have Black Widow and Dr. Strange in the May anchor spots with no sign of your heavy hitters/proven superstars. Black Panther 2 really isn’t coming out until four years after the first one? It’s an interesting plan.

This phase is really going to test the brand.

No BP (biggest solo ever), no CM (billion), no Spider-Man (billion), no GoG, no Avengers

Intersting.

Huge interest in Shang and Blade.

Was obviously crazy excited about Thor until I saw Natalie back. I really don't liike her Jane. indifferent to JaneThor but rather they recast

excited about DS2 but I don't like SW so we will see.

we will see with BW and Eternals. I'll obviously be there first weekend but im not buzzing about it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Um... Was that it?
    No Guardians, no Spider-Man, no Avengers in any kind of form?
    My guess is that they will announce more at D23.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

My guess is that Phase 4 is gonna have one more year in 2022, probably with Black Panther 2, GOTG 3 and Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion. Unless Spider-Man gets in there somehow because four years for a resolution to Far From Home is a lot (though Doctor Strange has had to wait five years for his own movie again). Sony probably have requirements for MCU Spider-Man that ties into their own stuff.

Presumably they will have two to three more mini series on Disney Plus as well.

BANNED

Looks like the Avengers are stepping back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dInXtRrqcuw

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Interesting that they're doing streaming shows on both Disney+ and Hulu. How long before they merge the two, I wonder?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Interesting that they're doing streaming shows on both Disney+ and Hulu. How long before they merge the two, I wonder?
    Hulu shows aren’t as important as the Disney minis and clearly for older audiences. I also doubt the four cartoons with the Offenders will be in continuity to the MCU.

Also, anyone notice that Elizabeth Olsen will be appearing in Doctor Strange 2?

Both are being released in Spring 2021, so there may be plot elements from the movie that lead into the WandaVision Disney+ show, which does suggest a closer synergy between movies and television going forward.

Or at least the shows that fit into the Feigeverse.

It still seems as though the Marvel TV led by Perlmutter/Loeb/Quesada is its own thing, and while these shows may reference Marvel Cinematic events, Feige's movies will not reciprocate and reference the TV shows that he doesn't control.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Also, anyone notice that Elizabeth Olsen will be appearing in Doctor Strange 2?

Both are being released in Spring 2021, so there may be plot elements from the movie that lead into the WandaVision Disney+ show, which does suggest a closer synergy between movies and television going forward.

Or at least the shows that fit into the Feigeverse.

It still seems as though the Marvel TV led by Perlmutter/Loeb/Quesada is its own thing, and while these shows may reference Marvel Cinematic events, Feige's movies will not reciprocate and reference the TV shows that he doesn't control.
    There is. Fiege already confirmed that the stuff in WanadaVision is directly related to her role in Dr Strange 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    There is. Fiege already confirmed that the stuff in WanadaVision is directly related to her role in Dr Strange 2.

It's to be expected. I would have been surprised if WandaVision did NOT pick up on story elements from DS2.

I may not love everything that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has put out, but Feige sure has his **** together, I will say that.

And, so far, I like what I'm seeing for Phase 4. Hopefully, the final products measure up and that the Disney+ streaming stuff is as good as DC Universe streaming and doesn't just use the shared universe as a crutch because the Disney+ shows could be a good way to keep the Marvel Cinematic Universe going year-round even when there's nothing in theaters.

Of the actual films they've announced, I'm really hoping they do right by The Eternals and make it big, colorful, and cosmic. However, in the back of my mind, I'm afraid they're going to go the silly/jokey Guardians of the Galaxy route, which I really hated.

Astonishing Member

The three Movies and television shows i am looking forward the most are:
    1-Shang Chi movie.
    2-Doctor Strange 2.
    3-WandaVision.
    But i am looking forward to all the others movies and television shows except Loki.
    Loki is a important character of the Thor stories but reading stories just with him was never my cup of tea,so the same to watch that Television Show.

So the rumours about Blade have left me cold. Not being a fan of the original movies I wasn’t very interested. But Mahershala Ali! Yep, I Am In!

Then the mic drop was Fantastic Four is confirmed as being in pre-production!
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Um... Was that it?
    No Guardians, no Spider-Man, no Avengers in any kind of form?
    They only revealed stuff for the next two years.

James Gunn is set to start production on Suicide Squad early next year, which is probably why there's not GotG3 for 2021 (Im guessing late 2022 or early 2023 for that). Spidey just got a movie so I didn't expect a sequel so soon (and the Sony deal muddies those waters too) and we also just got a huge Avengers film this year *and* last year, so another one seemed unlikely before 2022 as well. And I think Fiege said they were going to let the Avengers name rest for a little bit after Endgame.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.