Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I am suddenly wondering if they might end up revealing FF to be a mini series on Disney Plus, which might give it more time to breathe with the team. Though the Ant Man and FF team up sounds like a great idea.
    It’s not impossible, but the F4 as a brand really needs the full movie touch. Pretty sure Feige was not hinting about TV projects.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

So, it looks like Phase Four is confirmed to be this two year period. The only unannounced title, I'm guessing, is Spider-Man 3, because Sony controls when that gets to be unveiled. I would expect an announcement of this sequel when Far From Home crosses the billion dollar mark. So, in summation, I'm guessing the final Phase Four slate will look a little more like this:

May 2020: Black Widow
    Fall 2020: Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    November 2020: The Eternals
    February 2021: Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
    Spring 2021: WandaVision
    Spring 2021: Loki
    May 2021: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
    Summer 2021: What If...?
    July 2021: Spider-Man: No Way Home (just a guess at the title)
    • I'm guessing this one will probably take the Indiana Jones 5 July 9 release date when Disney inevitably moves off that because Indiana Jones 5 has made no progress at all.

Fall 2021: hawkeye
    November 2021: Thor: Love and Thunder

2021, especially, is a packed year full of Marvel goodness. Given the recent announcement of Blade, though, I think we can go one step further in determining what launches Phase 5 off. We already have release dates set for 2022...

February 2022: Blade
    May 2022: Black Panther 2
    July 2022: Captain Marvel 2
    Last edited by TheDarman; 07-21-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

BANNED

I'm the odd man out on this opinion, but I'm generally not a fan of multi-verses. Confusing and complicated, but they do have the advantage of allowing the creators to hand-wave away many apparent inconsistencies between movies. Still it would be my hope that the resolution to the Doctor Strange movie is that he completely eliminates the potential fr multiverses in the future. I don't seriously expect that to happen, though. Strange was one of my favorite Phase 3 movies, but this title leaves me not excited at all.

Shang Chi has more promise. Mandarin was always a better fit for him than Iron Man. If he's to replace Fu Manchu, then it suggests he will not be a villain to die in the first film. Depending on how they play the ten rings, I could see Marvel fooling everyone and have him be the next big bad. Again, though, seems unlikely given the suggestion that the films will be more cosmic in the future, and we've been pretty cosmic before Phase 4.

Blade and The Eternals I have never read about or seen previous movies, and I have no feelings pro or con about it. We'll have to see how the marketing affects my perception.

I could easily see Disney+ replacing Netflix in my home.

Vision is coming back, Mjolnir is coming back, Sam has a Cap shield somehow .... makes me wonder what Cap really did bouncing around the timeline. (and I don't totally buy that Black Widow will be a prequel)

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    It's not just these names i mentioned.
    There's no Ant Man, no Captain Marvel, no Black Panther, nothing.
    The only new cinematic additions, besides Thor and Dr Strange were Master of Kung Fu, the Eternals and the Black Window and these were inastallments that we knew about long before Endgame. And i know about the Avengers, i posted a link several posts above.
    There was no surprise in these announcements, besides Blade. It was like, take it or leave it kind of situation.
    In Phase 3 we had movies for a great deal of time. Not just for two years.
    They didn't say anything about Ant-Man, but BP and Cap. Marvel are in development along with the FF and mutants (he didn't say "X-Men" specifically but we all know where that road leads). And as others have said, Marvel can't announce anything for Spidey on their own so who knows when that'll be confirmed.

So Carol and T'Challa are getting their sequels, just not before 2022. Two years isn't all that long, and nothing says the characters won't show up elsewhere. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Shuri in Wandavision, for example.

I do gotta agree the announcements were a little underwhelming. We knew a lot of these projects were in the works. Nice to have it said officially and everything but other than Blade and Thor 4 there weren't really any surprises here. Good to have some casting information and some details finally, but we already knew 95% of these movies and shows were happening.

And I guess phase 4 is a pretty short phase, ending with the stuff announced for 2021. Marvel did say they'd be doing things a little differently after Endgame, and if you include the shows there's still an absolute ton of stuff here, but it does make one wonder how they'll handle the larger narrative now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Shang-chi is intriguing, especially with the Real Mandarin involved. Kind of bittersweet that Tony isn't around to interact with him though.

I was already excited about Black Widow as it is.

I wasn't as huge a fan of Ragnarok as many. But some of the stuff here (bisexual Valkyrie, Jane-Thor, etc), seems kind of fun.

The Eternals, it's got Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek, and Robb Stark, I'm in.

Blade, the big surprise, but a welcome one.

Doctor Strange, I LOVE that they're having him and Wanda interact more, and it tying into her TV Show is interesting.

Hawkeye show with Kate Bishop, SOLD!!

Loki TV Show, I'm in.

Wanda/Vision with adult Monica, I'm in. I wonder if they'll have her get her powers here or not?

Etc.

Mighty Member

Curious as to how they'll do Blade.
    Loved the Wesley Snipes original, but it was a 'mature' film for adults. Marvel these days are churning out kiddy friendly froth.

What is Blade going to do to the vampires - tell them off and sit them on the naughty step?

Feige said he had to save some stuff to announce at D23, re; BP, CM, Fantastic Four and "mutants" (which he later clarified to be the X-Men). Which of course he wants, or at least Iger wants LOL, to save stuff for Disney's own con coming out in a few weeks.

ETA: I hope we get my icon in the MCU in the new Dr. Strange movie. Scarlet Witch in it? yaawwn. I want Clea!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If I was to guess I think D23 will be where they’ll announce the 2022 movies to round off Phase 4, which will almost certainly be Black Panther 2, GOTG 3 and Captain Marvel 2 (which I suspect will be Secret Invasion and a honorary Avengers film similar to what Captain America Civil War was). And probably some teasers for Phase 5 with FF and mutants. I think it’s also possible that Sony might announce the third Holland Spider-Man movie for either 2021 or 2022, probably with a villain reveal (I suspect the Kraven rumours are true).

Kevin Feige has confirmed that any Blade movie or project will NOT be part of Phase 4.

https://www.cbr.com/kevin-feige-blad...ase-four-five/

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    Collider caught up with Kevin Feige and asked when fans could expect to see Blade hit theaters. The Marvel Studios president clarified that while it was made alongside of the studio's Phase Four announcements, Blade is not part of that grouping.

CBR is also speculating that sequels to Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Guardians of the Galaxy would be considered Phase 5.

BANNED

I’m hoping the FF is the next big marvel film...

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I can't believe that they're going to try another FF or X-Men movie without first introducing them within a more established MCU property to remove some of the stank then spinning them off.

Niffleheim

Phase 4 spans almost 3 years right? Which is the shortest Phase btw?

Edit:

Phase 1 : 2008-2012
    Phase 2: 2013-2015
    Phase 3: 2016-2019
    Phase 4: 2020-202?
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-22-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Phase 2 was originally intended to be five movies with Ant Man being the first of Phase 3 before that was changed.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post

Edit:

Phase 1 : 2008-2012
    Phase 2: 2013-2015
    Phase 3: 2016-2019
    Phase 4: 2020-202?
    Right now it’s just 2 (2020 to 2021). Plans could always change though.