Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Marvel PHASE FOUR -- Movies, Animation, Streaming, and MORE!!!

San Diego is full of announcements this year for the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so here's a handy list to consolidate all the news -- complete with release dates!

2020:

May 1, 2020 - BLACK WIDOW with Scarlett Johansson, David Harbour, Florence Pugh, O-T Fagbenle, and Rachel Weisz. Directed by Cate Shortland.

November 6, 2020 - THE ETERNALS with Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lauren Ridloff, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek, Lia McHugh and Don Lee. Directed by Chloé Zhao.

Fall 2020 - THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER, an original series with Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan and Daniel Brühl. Streaming exclusively on Disney+

2021:

February 12, 2021 - SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS, with Simu Liu, Awkwafina and Tony Leung, directed by Destin Daniel Cretton.

May 7, 2021 - DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS with Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen. Scott Derrickson returns as director.

Spring 2021 - LOKI, an original series with Tom Hiddleston. Streaming exclusively on Disney+.
    Spring 2021 - WANDAVISION, an original series with Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany and Teyonah Parris. Streaming exclusively on Disney+.

Summer 2021 - WHAT IF…?, the first animated series in the MCU, with Jeffrey Wright as the voice of The Watcher and many actors from across the MCU reprising their roles as voice talent. Streaming exclusively on Disney+.

Fall 2021 - HAWKEYE with Jeremy Renner, an original series that will also introduce Kate Bishop. Streaming exclusively on Disney+.

November 5, 2021 - THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER with Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson and Natalie Portman. Taika Waititi returns as director.

Also...
    no date announced - BLADE with Mahershala Ali.

So, which ones are you excited for? Any trepidations about any of them?

There's another thread here that says "Blade FILM," but do we know that it's a film for sure? Do you want to see Blade on Disney+ or back in theaters?
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 07-20-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I'm quite interested in Shang-Chi, Blade, and Eternals movies, though it seems weird how Sersi's casting wasn't announced yet. She was reportedly mentioned as being a major focus. Not to mention, she's pretty cool after all.

WandaVision will have Teyonah Parris as adult Monica Rambeau. Excited to see her. I liked her in Dear White People. Also, she is a dime piece.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch is so underused.

I thought the last Thor movie was unwatchable but it's cool to see Natalie Portman get a bigger role in these things.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-20-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch is so underused.
    I second that.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I second that.
    Tbh she should be headlining a SCARLET WITCH film series.

They seem to be overlooking her the way they overlooked Black Widow for so long, except man oh man does she have more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Tbh she should be headlining a SCARLET WITCH film series.

They seem to be overlooking her the way they overlooked Black Widow for so long, except man oh man does she have more potential.
    I definitely still think that a Black Widow movie and Scarlet Witch movie would have helped out with having closer connections to the character pre-Endgame, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    San Diego is full of announcements this year for the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so here's a handy list to consolidate all the news -- complete with release dates!

2020:

May 1, 2020 - BLACK WIDOW with Scarlett Johansson, David Harbour, Florence Pugh, O-T Fagbenle, and Rachel Weisz. Directed by Cate Shortland.

November 6, 2020 - THE ETERNALS with Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lauren Ridloff, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek, Lia McHugh and Don Lee. Directed by Chloé Zhao.

Fall 2020 - THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER, an original series with Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan and Daniel Brühl. Streaming exclusively on Disney+

2021:

February 12, 2021 - SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS, with Simu Liu, Awkwafina and Tony Leung, directed by Destin Daniel Cretton.

May 7, 2021 - DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS with Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen. Scott Derrickson returns as director.

Spring 2021 - LOKI, an original series with Tom Hiddleston. Streaming exclusively on Disney+.
    Spring 2021 - WANDAVISION, an original series with Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany and Teyonah Parris. Streaming exclusively on Disney+.

Summer 2021 - WHAT IF…?, the first animated series in the MCU, with Jeffrey Wright as the voice of The Watcher and many actors from across the MCU reprising their roles as voice talent. Streaming exclusively on Disney+.

Fall 2021 - HAWKEYE with Jeremy Renner, an original series that will also introduce Kate Bishop. Streaming exclusively on Disney+.

November 5, 2021 - THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER with Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson and Natalie Portman. Taika Waititi returns as director.

Also...
    no date announced - BLADE with Mahershala Ali.

So, which ones are you excited for? Any trepidations about any of them?

There's another thread here that says "Blade FILM," but do we know that it's a film for sure? Do you want to see Blade on Disney+ or back in theaters?

BLADE with Mahershala Ali

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS is my second option. The premise of the movie looks strong.

Mighty Member

With a few exceptions this feels like a filler phase to set up the x-men and lay the groundwork for the next big bad.

Astonishing Member

Does that mean 2022 is a double threat of Black Panther and Captain Marvel? Next year looks pretty boring to me. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Does that mean 2022 is a double threat of Black Panther and Captain Marvel? Next year looks pretty boring to me. Pass.
    Triple dont forget GOTG 3 will be coming quick wont be surprised if its 2022 aswell. When does SS 2 film? Next year? I can see GOTG vol 3 making late 2022

Did they mention the rating for Blade? I mean they can do a good Blade movie without R Rated gore. But I could wish they would make an R rated film to shut up the people who SAY Disney wont let them. Despite Feige saying the opposite

LOVE AND THUNDER is a horrible name.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Hey, let's face it. It's better than "WandaVision."

Anyway, there's footage from the convention that shows Natalie Portman on stage lifting the hammer of Thor at the behest of the panel moderator or someone.

Was this just a fanboy request or was this indicative of the fact that they may be doing Jane-Thor in the next movie? They still have Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie, but maybe they'll bypass Jane-Thor, have Valkyrie die in "Love and Thunder," and have Natalie become the new Valkyrie and then have a spinoff series.

Feige did say that the future of the MCU would be more female.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Presumably it’s supposed to describe both Thor and Jane/Lady Thor’s past romance (and possibly renewed) plus Valkyrie looking for a Queen. I assume this means no Dude Thor in GOTG 3 then.

Doing shorter phases is definitely interesting. I think they will use Phase 4 as a Breath before introducing Norman Osborn, Doctor Doom, Magneto or Galactus as the next big bads.

BANNED

Um... Was that it?
    No Guardians, no Spider-Man, no Avengers in any kind of form?