Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    So the rumours about Blade have left me cold. Not being a fan of the original movies I wasn’t very interested. But Mahershala Ali! Yep, I Am In!

Then the mic drop was Fantastic Four is confirmed as being in pre-production!

So, maybe Feige is aiming for a "4" tie-in.

Like, Phase 4 ends with the release of Marvel Studios' Fantastic Four, and there may be hints and plot elements that lead up to the FF's creation in the preceding Phase 4 films.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    My guess is that they will announce more at D23.
    Yeah, they're probably saving something for that. I'd guess more Disney+ shows, and/or stuff for 2022 and 2023.

I expect phase 4 will run to 2023; it'll be the "catch up" phase; I think most of these films and shows will be set in 2023 or (like Black Widow) be flashbacks, so the MCU timeline doesn't stay ahead of the real world.

Anyway.....man, I'm excited for most of it. Never been a big fan of the Eternals, Widow, or Scarlet Witch but still looking forward to seeing what the MCU does, and going back to Budapest alone makes Widow worth watching (and so does the inclusion of Taskmaster). Adult Monica makes Wandavision worth checking out. Kirby alone is enough to get my ass in the seat for Eternals.

Thor getting a fourth film is fantastic (ya'll just sit down with your Aaron bitching; the MCU always does adaptations differently, this'll be fun). Hawkeye getting a show is something I've wanted since the Defenders stuff started coming out, and bringing in Kate is great. Falcon-Winter Soldier is going to be amazing. Loki is going to be amazing. Casting Ali as Blade is maybe the most inspired choice since they got RDJ to play Tony Stark. Really looking forward to Shang Chi. The MCU finally doing some horror with Strange 2 sounds really good (and I love that title!).

And we got confirmation on Captain Marvel and BP, which, I mean, we knew those were coming but it's nice to get some official word.

Didn't expect to see the mutants or FF in the line-up since the Fox deal was just signed and movies take a while to make, but nice to know they're already starting on the IP's.

Really, the only thing I was hoping to get that we didn't was word on Ant-Man 3 (which I didn't really expect so soon after Ant-Man 2, MCU sequels take forever) and Nova.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The biggest omission outside Iron Man feels like cosmic stuff, since I assume that Thor 4 is gonna return to Earth. There are rumours about the idea that after some take on Secret Invasion they might be splitting the focus of the MCU in half with some content focused on Earth with Dark Reign and some cosmic stuff focused on Annihilation. So I wonder if Phase 4 will build towards Secret Invasion (either as a Captain Marvel or New Avengers movie) that sees the Avengers reform and also sets up Norman Osborn and Annhilus as threats. With Galactus, Magneto and Doom waiting in the works and the Beyonder under them for Phases 5 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Like, Phase 4 ends with the release of Marvel Studios' Fantastic Four, and there may be hints and plot elements that lead up to the FF's creation in the preceding Phase 4 films.
    That does sound like a cool idea.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Interesting that they're doing streaming shows on both Disney+ and Hulu. How long before they merge the two, I wonder?
    It's better for Disney to keep Hulu it's own entity. They did a dumping ground for their mature content.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They only revealed stuff for the next two years.

James Gunn is set to start production on Suicide Squad early next year, which is probably why there's not GotG3 for 2021 (Im guessing late 2022 or early 2023 for that). Spidey just got a movie so I didn't expect a sequel so soon (and the Sony deal muddies those waters too) and we also just got a huge Avengers film this year *and* last year, so another one seemed unlikely before 2022 as well. And I think Fiege said they were going to let the Avengers name rest for a little bit after Endgame.
    It's not just these names i mentioned.
    There's no Ant Man, no Captain Marvel, no Black Panther, nothing.
    The only new cinematic additions, besides Thor and Dr Strange were Master of Kung Fu, the Eternals and the Black Window and these were inastallments that we knew about long before Endgame. And i know about the Avengers, i posted a link several posts above.
    There was no surprise in these announcements, besides Blade. It was like, take it or leave it kind of situation.
    In Phase 3 we had movies for a great deal of time. Not just for two years.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 07-21-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    It's not just these names i mentioned.
    There's no Ant Man, no Captain Marvel, no Black Panther, nothing.
    The only new cinematic additions, besides Thor and Dr Strange were Master of Kung Fu, the Eternals and the Black Window and these were inastallments that we knew about long before Endgame. And i know about the Avengers, i posted a link several posts above.
    There was no surprise in these announcements, besides Blade. It was like, take it or leave it kind of situation.
    In Phase 3 we had movies for a great deal of time. Not just for two years.
    Feige said on stage CM2, BP2, GOTG 3, and FF were coming in Phase 4 just no big announcements were made now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Feige said on stage CM2, BP2, GOTG 3, and FF were coming in Phase 4 just no big announcements were made now.
    And even if they weren't.....who cares? If they're telling a story, tell the story and don't force it.

But it seems to me that Marvel chose to make Comic Con the place where they pulled back the curtain on some movies that were a bit more shrouded in mystery. The movies more well known - like CM, BP, and GOTG will get their time later I'm sure.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    And even if they weren't.....who cares? If they're telling a story, tell the story and don't force it.

But it seems to me that Marvel chose to make Comic Con the place where they pulled back the curtain on some movies that were a bit more shrouded in mystery. The movies more well known - like CM, BP, and GOTG will get their time later I'm sure.
    It does look Marvel used SDCC to announce all the new characters for phase 4 and saving the sequels for hopefully D23.

It is worth noting that Spider-Man announcements properly fall into Sony’s responsibly and any MCU plans would be joint press announcements. So until Sony get around to making their plans more clear we shouldn’t expect anything on that front regardless of timing within the wider Phase 4.

It is also worth stressing that their arrangement with the MCU does not need renegotiating like some seem to think. It’s an ongoing arrangement with no known end in sight. Both parties would be silly to stop the arrangement and clearly there are plans for a third movie. The only real confusion is over Amy Pascal, who is reportedly going to Universal but also staying around at Marvel to handle her Spider-Man plans. Nobody knows quite what this means for future cooperation because despite many fans trying to divide Feige and Pascal they are friends, and a new Spider producer at Sony would be a new variable.

I think many news sources got confused with the length of Tom Holland’s contract which is an entirely separate consideration, and may have been extended or have options we are not aware of.

Reportedly Sony can just back away from a planned third joint production if Far From Home doesn’t make 1Billion but even that seems unlikely to me. It’s already in touching distance anyway amd looks set to far surpass 1Billion and that clause sounds like a “what if this doesn’t work” clause and clearly it is working.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-21-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It is worth noting that Spider-Man announcements properly fall into Sony’s responsibly and any MCU plans would be joint press announcements. So until Sony get around to making their plans more clear we shouldn’t expect anything on that front regardless of timing within the wider Phase 4.
    Go to D23 drop some GOTG 3, BP2, CM2, and FF news then have Sony do a press announcement about Spidey a few weeks later giving maximum news cycles would be a smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Go to D23 drop some GOTG 3, BP2, CM2, and FF news then have Sony do a press announcement about Spidey a few weeks later giving maximum news cycles would be a smart move.
    Absolutely. Especially if timed with DVD news and Sony’s own plans.

Can anyone remember where the previous joint press conferences were hosted?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

I hope we get the rumored Ant-Man and the Fantastic Four which would maybe introduce us to the team prior to their transformation, followed by the Doctor Doom solo movie, an then finally FF.

As for everything else, Falcon & Winter Soldier and Blade excite me the most I think. Although I will see everything else too.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Seen some talk online stating that Blade is supposed to kick off phase 5. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get some more “Blade” news at D23 too .

Edit: Feige confirmed Blade isn’t part of phase 4.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am suddenly wondering if they might end up revealing FF to be a mini series on Disney Plus, which might give it more time to breathe with the team. Though the Ant Man and FF team up sounds like a great idea.