Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Default If SHE Be Worthy: Jane Foster Appreciation 2019

A thread to discuss all things regarding Jane Foster: from her time as nurse/love interest of Thor Odinson, to Doctor Jane Foster, The Mighty Thor herself and the All-New Valkyrie of the Marvel Universe! And, of course, any appearences outside of comics.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

What's that sound? It's Natalie Portman coming to snatch your wigs, hammers and Oscars!

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/n...er-1203274705/

Extraordinary Member

Yes indeed - prepare for the internet to go into meltdown! LOL

https://www.cnet.com/news/thor-4-to-...omic-con-2019/
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Hey Taika Waititi (the man behind Thor: Ragnarok) is directing, so this will undoubtedly be a hit movie.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Yes to this thread

And YES! to this new movie news.

Portman returning to do the Jane!Thor arc is literally my wildest dream come true!

After Aaron's run was underway, losing Portman due to creative differences seemed to me like the MCU's biggest missed opportunity
    (I mean, aside from The Defenders)
    So this is brilliant

And now I'm extra psyched for the new comic

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Hey Taika Waititi (the man behind Thor: Ragnarok) is directing, so this will undoubtedly be a hit movie.
    Here's hoping they film on the Gold Coast again. I'll damn sure make the time to drive down.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I have been waiting for this for years. The most obvious way to get Portman back, and by far the most interesting thing they could do with the Thor franchise. Thank you!
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Awww Yisss!

We had our boy Thor Odinson for like 7 plus movies, it was inevitable that this was going to happen. I am so happy that Portman is coming back; I am so happy that one of my favorite runs is being acknowledged in the MCU.

It seems as is if the MCU is entering its Marvel NOW phase; which I am all about!

What a time to be alive! Very excited for this. And Valkyrie comes out this week?! Blessed.

The preview is out.

This art is Off. The. Chain.

https://aux.avclub.com/jane-foster-s...val-1836494729

Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-22-2019 at 05:53 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

So happy this thread will exist in the future when we get to talk about MCU JaneThor. I'm sooo excited for this development

You'll probably need a new one by then. Don't forget all appreciation threads were locked and had to be restarted in January, which is apparently an annual plan - which was a bad idea, quite frankly, if it's taking this long for some characters to get new threads.

There's still a lot of locked threads linked in my Appreciation Indexes, because I'm only updating them as new ones are made.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-22-2019 at 06:02 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    The preview is out.

This art is Off. The. Chain.

https://aux.avclub.com/jane-foster-s...val-1836494729
    That is some great-looking art. I hope this artist will return also after the first arc.

Astonishing Member

Jane Thor was easily my top three favorite comic book series during the ANAD time frame, the fact that we're getting The Mighty Thor so quick in the movies is freaking awesome. I'm only hoping that this push will allow Jane to become The Mighty Thor again in comics eventually.