Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    I know what's wrong, nobody called her fake Valkyrie and she didn't smash the patriarchy yet or beat up somebody for flirting with her, i knew some quality writing was missing here. Otherwise it feels just like your superhero comic and nobody wants that.
    Well I have a lot of basic superhero comics, many of them unread, so no I don’t really need another one. They are not why I read comics. Pretty sure that’s what a few people want, but the high profile best selling comics are never like that.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I know what's wrong, nobody called her fake Valkyrie
    Someone did call her Thor Lite though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

As far as first issues go, I thought it was okay. I'll probably check out the trade.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Someone did call her Thor Lite though.
    The chip on Jason Aarons shoulder is so huge, some people mistake him for Atlas carrying the Earth.

The chip on Jason Aarons shoulder is so huge, some people mistake him for Atlas carrying the Earth.
    Or just maybe he loves winding up trolls. I imagine he has a huge grin on his face as he put those things in.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Or just maybe he loves winding up trolls. I imagine he has a huge grin on his face as he put those things in.
    Speaking as a very minor creator (yup, I do write original fiction) I feel going out of your way to antagonize fans or potential fans is counterproductive. If it happens fine but one should never purposefully set out to do so. That said certain people are always looking for an excuse to complain you should ignore such people not engage them.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Speaking as a very minor creator (yup, I do write original fiction) I feel going out of your way to antagonize fans or potential fans is counterproductive. If it happens fine but one should never purposefully set out to do so.
    They are not potential fans so who cares.

They are not potential fans so who cares.
    Most of them claim they are fans or else were. Maybe they are being dishonest, who knows. Either way, I prefer not to engage in negativity with anyone but I'm a rather laidback person. I've had people use profanity to my face and tell me to die (when I've worked various jobs) and shrugged it off. Nothing good comes from confrontation with people who have made up their minds.

Most of them claim they are fans or else were. Maybe they are being dishonest, who knows. Either way, I prefer not to engage in negativity with anyone but I'm a rather laidback person. I've had people use profanity to my face and tell me to die (when I've worked various jobs) and shrugged it off. Nothing good comes from confrontation with people who have made up their minds.
    You really think a potential fan would be put off by a character calling Jane Thor Lite, or Hildegarde shouting ‘down with the patriarchy’ at an inappropriate time, or even Ulik moaning about Thor not being a title? Anyone that takes those digs personally is identifying themselves as the target of the joke. Clearly editorial don’t care, Aaron isn’t bothered and many fans find it hilarious.

Yes indeed I have worked in jobs where people do those things. Maybe it changes my opinion, maybe it doesn’t, but comics are fun.

You really think a potential fan would be put off by a character calling Jane Thor Lite, or Hildegarde shouting ‘down with the patriarchy’ at an inappropriate time, or even Ulik moaning about Thor not being a title? Anyone that takes those digs personally is identifying themselves as the target of the joke. Clearly editorial don’t care, Aaron isn’t bothered and many fans find it hilarious.
    A past fan who is used to Odinson as Thor might be bothered by such, not me but some people take this stuff way too seriously.

For clarification purposes, I meant more when creators/writers engage in heated social media debates with "fans" and others or say this joke is specifically targeted at a certain disgruntled group, rather than the content of the work itself.

Fantastic Member

That's the result of the chip on his shoulder, no respectable creator is gonna go out of his way to wind up irrelevant trolls that don't even read his book, especially so many times over and over... i mean we just went over him imagining himself as She-Hulk beating up trolls, you'd think he would have released his frustration already but then again it is Aaron and he is a pretty crappy writer that can't control his emotions.
    Last edited by Subzero89; 07-26-2019 at 08:10 AM.

A past fan who is used to Odinson as Thor might be bothered by such, not me but some people take this stuff way too seriously.

For clarification purposes, I meant more when creators/writers engage in heated social media debates with "fans" and others or say this joke is specifically targeted at a certain disgruntled group, rather than the content of the work itself.
    Well to my knowledge Aaron doesn’t do that. He puts it on the page. In the future when people look back these will be merely footnotes.

That's the result of the chip on his shoulder, no respectable creator is gonna go out of his way to wind up irrelevant trolls that don't even read his book, especially so many times over and over... i mean we just went over him imagining himself as She-Hulk beating up trolls, you'd think he would have released his frustration already but then again it is Aaron and he is a pretty crappy writer that can't control his emotions.
    This is the modern world. People that have never paid a penny for his books will happily complain about what’s in them because they read them elsewhere.

Anyway it’s a bit of a tangent and I apologise for biting because I don’t want to turn an appreciation thread into an argument about the appropriateness of jokes.

Well to my knowledge Aaron doesn’t do that. He puts it on the page. In the future when people look back these will be merely footnotes.
    He's said somethings (in interviews for example) that I wouldn't have, still, I can appreciate his frustration even if I decry his method of venting.

Edit - But yes, let's not derail this thread further. I've said my peace back to the main topic.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-26-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Fantastic Member

This is the modern world. People that have never paid a penny for his books will happily complain about what’s in them because they read them elsewhere.

Anyway it’s a bit of a tangent and I apologise for biting because I don’t want to turn an appreciation thread into an argument about the appropriateness of jokes.
    Well it's good that Aaron has chosen to give those that don't pay for his book his attention.