Default Question about the nova Corp

So recently nova started that the entire Corp is dead. I thought marvel was bringing the Corp back? I know they were all killed in annihilation back in 06 or 07 and were brought back in the last couple of years but was the Corp really that short lived?

They were mostly destroyed again in the current GOTG series - the only ones known to be left are Rich Rider and Sam Alexander (as far as I know, she's not been mentioned since Cates replaced Duggan on the book, but I would hope they spared Eve Bakian as well, considering she was a new Mom!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ah ok thanks for the reply and clearing that up. Hopefully marvel will put the nova Corp back together one day and put out a book that focuses on different members. I would buy a book like that in seconds.

Oh my god! They killed the Nova Corps! Those Bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    So recently nova started that the entire Corp is dead. I thought marvel was bringing the Corp back? I know they were all killed in annihilation back in 06 or 07 and were brought back in the last couple of years but was the Corp really that short lived?
    A future version of The Universal Church appeared led by a brainwashed J'Son of Spartax (Star-Lord's father). The Nova noticed the big ship of the Church and went to investigate it. But then they got attacked and killed.

I'm pretty sure the Nova Corps has been destroyed about 3 or 4 times now since it happened in Annihilation.
    It's become the new go-to for writers of cosmic books to denote how dangerous a baddie is or even just to show that the universe is in a generally bad state.
    #EmmaWasRight

We now know that Ewing was going to do it if Cates didn't, so maybe having a cosmic police force that people don't actually want to read about is just a waste of effort.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

That's pretty much the purpose of the Corps these days. Cannon-fodder for whichever cosmic menace is threatening the universe.

I've actually lost count of how many times they've been decimated and/or lost their homeworld.

I can understand why they do it. Frankly, they're just a Green Lantern knock-off anyway. Rich and Hal even have identical origin stories. Nova's saving grace is the characters under those helmets, as neither Rich nor Sam are copies of any of the main GLs and are both good characters with their own fans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman