Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wonder what is up with Aaron having a co-writer on this book. Is he specifically requesting this? Is Marvel pushing it for some reason? Maybe he's been busy and needs a little help? Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just wondering, considering he wrote the entirety of Jane's Thor run without anyone and now has had two co-writers for Jane's Valkyrie. Anyway, it's pretty cool that they hired an actual norse person to pen the book.

And good for CAFU. His work is really good.
    Love & Thunder baby.

I think Marvel want's the creator of Jane Thor to be on a Jane title for when the movie comes out and so they can promote the hell out of it

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Anybody else think that Annabelle Riggs should become a Valkyrie via the destroyed Dragonfang?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Lord knows Jane needs more people on side.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

I take it Jane is unaware of Dani Moonstar's ability to serve as a Valkyrie? Dani said her powers were fading when Brunnhilde and the rest were killed in War of the Realms, but this series has since shown that Mephisto at least thinks she's still got those powers, but is just a part-timer. It makes sense that Dani's power would be gone if the entire Valkyrior are gone, but now that there's a Valkyrie again it looks like she'd be able to use those powers again. The problem is that Jane and Dani have, I believe, never met.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I take it Jane is unaware of Dani Moonstar's ability to serve as a Valkyrie? Dani said her powers were fading when Brunnhilde and the rest were killed in War of the Realms, but this series has since shown that Mephisto at least thinks she's still got those powers, but is just a part-timer. It makes sense that Dani's power would be gone if the entire Valkyrior are gone, but now that there's a Valkyrie again it looks like she'd be able to use those powers again. The problem is that Jane and Dani have, I believe, never met.
    It's also possible that Dani will show up later. I feel like Marvel is making an effort to keep the timeline relatively consistent across the books and right now Dani is out in Shi'ar Space. There is a good possibility that when she returns to Earth that she pops up occasionally in Jane's book.

At the very least I feel like the Marvel writers are making an effort to talk to each other and not to accidentally use characters that are off world or occupied somewhere else. No instantaneous Batman intergalactic teleportation for most of the characters.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I think Valkyrie is still set before HOXPOX, actually, and therefore the current New Mutants storyline hasn't happened yet. Don't forget it starts immediately after War of the Realms, and X-Men had a couple more arcs between that and HOXPOX.

Fantastic Member

Taking a look at the drop in sales of the book recently posted in the Loki appreciation thread, I'd think the title may not last beyond the announced 8 issues, unless the numbers improve dramatically for issue #5 and don't fall any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Valkyrie: Jane Foster #1 - 42,948 (#39 in units, #56 in dollars)
    Valkyrie: Jane Foster #2 - 43,640 (#35 in units, #72 in dollars)
    Valkyrie: Jane Foster #3 - 39,564 (#42 in units, #73 in dollars)
    Valkyrie: Jane Foster #4 - 23,686 (#106 in units, #118 in dollars)
    Always possible it gets a bump from the new writer.

Oh come on! They won't have bothered putting a new co-writer on the book if it was about to be cancelled!

Fantastic Member

I'm not saying "about to be cancelled", just pointing out the sales numbers, maybe the change in co-writer will give the book a bump, but if the trend continues it's unrealistic to think this will be an ongoing through the release of the next Thor movie.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    Taking a look at the drop in sales of the book recently posted in the Loki appreciation thread, I'd think the title may not last beyond the announced 8 issues, unless the numbers improve dramatically for issue #5 and don't fall any further.

Always possible it gets a bump from the new writer.
    I'm not worried. The fact that they just hired a new co-writer makes me think we're having at least another arc, otherwise I don't see what's the point. And like I said on the Loki thread, Jane has the advantage of having an entire run that it's still selling well in trades. At this point, she's become the kind of character who doesn't completely rely on the direct market sales, so Marvel may have a reason to keep the book going for longer. Another character who's in a similar position is Ms. Marvel. For comparison's sake, here's how her current run has been selling in the direct market:

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1 - 27,706
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #2 - 26,173 (overshipped month)
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #3 - 18,386
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #4 - 16,735
    Ms. Marvel Annual #1 - 15,373
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #5 - 13,847
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #6 - 20,673 (overshipped month)
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #7 - 13,097
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #8 - 13,023

It's worth noting that Magnificent Ms. Marvel has been solicited up until issue 12 so far, and there is no sign of cancellation.

Can't hide anything from Stephen. He knows her secret identity again. The Eye of Agamotto sees all!

Incidentally, Doctor Strange is also currently guesting in Ms. Marvel, and it's obvious he knows her identity as well - he likely knows everybody's.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-29-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Mighty Member

I am one of those rare old school Thor fans that loves Jane Foster, in fact I was ecstatic when I found out that Natalie Portman was going to portray her in the Thor movie. Love the chemistry between her and Chris Hemsworth and hope this new movie Love & Thunder brings a reconciliation between the two of them as I've always pinned for a marriage between the characters. Anyways can't wait to see Natalie Portman again as Jane Foster.

Last edited by Thor-El; 12-14-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    JaneThor with pupils is..weird .