Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
The cast is eclectic. For the most part, there are actually a lot of personal connections between most of them. I think it's just some of these characters being on a book titled X-Force that is causing some mental dissonance.
Yeah, but I attribute most of that to folks associating the name with what X-Force became in the Endangered Species post House of M era, when mutants were literally on the brink of extinction. They went from being a proactive, more paramilitary group to a straight up assassination squad. Later, under Spurrier actually, this concept of them acting more like a spy agency was explored, albeit briefly. That team had an eclectic lineup as well of Cable, Marrow, Psylocke, Nemesis and Fantomex.

I, for one, like this expansion of the X-Force mandate into being not just the proactive strike force but also the intelligence arm. Is that a bit redundant with the X-men, whose role has always been to monitor mutant situations and act as kind of a reactive search and rescue type force? I don’t think so. Because if this group’s mandate is still to deal with the really ugly threats before they arrive at the X-men’s doorstep, then I think it works and is just an expansion on the original premise in formalizing that intelligence gathering role. It would be fun to see them dealing with things like cyber threats too, or even launching their own cyber warfare or propaganda campaigns to combat anti-mutant threats. Things like that.

And I agree that some of the costumes need updating/changing, and am totally down for more Colossus-Domino relationship. She and Wolverine had a physical fling, but they should just be colleagues/friends at this point. I liked the budding relationship between Neena and Piotr before someone came along and tried to put he and Kitty back together. Barf. Thank God that ship has sailed.