Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

1. What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

- I like it. It’s not what you’d expect from the black ops X-title, but I think Percy explained what he’s going for here with the division between the intelligence side and the special ops side. Black Tom and Quentin Quire aren’t necessarily favorites of mine, but I’m sure there’s a reason why he chose them and I look forward to finding out what it is.

2. What do you think about the concept for X-force now as Mutant CIA? Do you think think these characters fit covert ops/special ops teams?

- I think they’re a fit for the model as Percy has laid it out, with Beast leading the intelligence branch and Logan the special ops branch. As for the concept, I like it. It has an additional layer to the usual “black ops” or “kill squad” approach, so I look forward to that, as well as the eventual conflict between Beast and Logan in terms of methods.

3.What do you know about creative team?

- Not much. I looked up the artist and realized I’d seen his work on Venom and it was solid.

4. Black Tom Cassidy???????

- Strange times make for strange bedfellows. And it’s clear that after HoX/PoX, we are heading into some strange times. I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Mutant Empire, Mutant Supremacy and Mutant Imperialism.

The X-Men are colonialists.

The CIA, Brexit Era Britain and imperialist, East India Company funding this voyage for king Cyclops and country

The royal family on the cover of X-Men
    Interesting... in the new landscape, have the X-men finally become what they oppose? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    1. What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

2. What do you think about the concept for X-force now as Mutant CIA? Do you think think these characters fit covert ops/special ops teams?

3.What do you know about creative team?

4. Black Tom Cassidy???????
    1. Logan, Kid Omega, Jean and Colossus are my less favorite X-Men, so... I especially loathe Quire and what Logan has become.
    Don't like Beast anymore either. So in a way I'm relieved that they are all in the same team.
    I'm ok with Domino, and glad that Sage is back.

2. The concept is good, it seems thay may be less bloodthirsty than X-Force. Wasted opportunity to use Prodigy and Cipher.

3. No opinion on Percy. Mixed about Cassara. His art was beautiful on Sentry, but the characters were as expressive as in a Liefeld comics.

4. I'm sure Sammy Squidboy is happy about that. Buy hey, if Sabretooth, Frost, Mystique, Frenzy or Apocalypse can join the X-Men, why not him?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

1. At first I wasn't a fan of Jean on X-Force, but after hearing more about the concept I've warmed to it a bit. I imagine Jean & Beast will clash with Wolverine and the strike team a fair amount and those interactions have a lot of potential. Not really a fan of Quentin Quire or Sage, but I'm open to be persuaded.

2. The concept's awesome, imo. It seems like a solid mix of what X-Force is traditionally with some new elements mixed in.

3. Well, I adored Percy's Green Arrow, so I'm definitely excited to see his take on the "Mutant CIA". Don't think I've ever read anything with Cassara's art.

4. I'll wait till after HoX/PoX to pass judgement on the "villain" members of the various teams.

Overall, I'm pretty excited for this team. It has some of my favorites in terms of cast, and I probably know the most about what to expect from the creative team here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Percy wrote the Wolverine podcast which was pretty dang amazing for the most part.

I'm excited for this line up, mostly because I'm curious to see how Beast and Jean can deal with a team that kills. Jean I can buy because of the whole Dark Phoenix phase but Beast has stuck to his guns about the moral high ground for sometime now.
    Oh that has me even more pumped for this. The podcast has been great for the most part. And he certainly has Wolverine’s voice down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    It’s a bunch of overused X-Men and some underused ones I am indifferent to.

For the premise I would’ve gone:
    Beast, Sage, Cypher, Monet, Bishop, Wolverine
    Bishop could have worked here really well, but I think they're looking for new dynamics with him. I don't think he, Emma, Iceman and Kitty interacted that much in the past.

Monet makes everything better just by being there. But she'll probably be on the next X-Men roster after the Summers reunion is over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Bishop could have worked here really well, but I think they're looking for new dynamics with him. I don't think he, Emma, Iceman and Kitty interacted that much in the past.

Monet makes everything better just by being there. But she'll probably be on the next X-Men roster after the Summers reunion is over.
    Iceman and Bishop were on the Gold team and Bishop hung out with Bobby in the Iceman solo. I don’t think Emma and Bishop ever interacted except maybe when Bishop was imprisoned early on in the Cable solo. Kitty and Bishop’s only interactions was in Disassembled I believe when he called her an insane person.

They've interacted in

X-treme X-Men
    Morrison Murder at the Mansion
    Civil War X-Men
    Cable 9
    Attached Images Attached Images

It reminds me of the last time we had two X-forces one led by Storm and another by Cable.

I honestly do not think someone like Jean could be in such a team but maybe that has some deeper reason .

I'm happy for Sage return to the stage and is a good well-balanced team with characters focused on brute-force missions and others focused on espionage missions.

Well, X-Force wasn’t initially a kill squad. It wasn’t until the Kyle/Yost run in the 00s that it became that. It was initially just the proactive mutant strike force. That was pretty much its whole concept.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The cast is eclectic. For the most part, there are actually a lot of personal connections between most of them. I think it's just some of these characters being on a book titled X-Force that is causing some mental dissonance. The only character I don't really like is Wolverine, but it makes sense that he is here. Sage needs to have a more specified skill set, Claremont tended to make her a swiss army mutant who could do whatever the plot required her to do. And then there's Black Tom ... I don't have a problem with the fact that he is a former villian, it's hardly the first time the X-Men have recruited bad guys, and if there is a title where that makes since it's definitely X-Force. However, BT has never been more than a petty thug who, as far as I know, has never been shown to care about mutant culture/rights/general well being, so I find it hard to believe he would willingly join the team. It also seems unlikely that anybody on this cast would recruit him, there aren't really any personal connections there. In his place I would like to see Morph/Ben Deeds, I know that sounds random, but he has a good dynamic with QQ and it was suggested way back in Bendis' Uncanny that his powers have stealthy applications. I'll check out the first few issues at least.

On a more shallow note, most of the cast desperately need new costumes.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 07-21-2019 at 08:59 AM.

I think this book sounds fun

Looks like the real Domino has returned on a team with two of her ex lovers. Domilossus please!

Cannot stand Quire but he will provide some interesting interactions on the black ops side of the team with Domino and Logan.

I love Sage and am glad shes back utilizing her powers for intelligence gathering along with a scientist and a telepath. Makes sense.

Black Tom... no idea what to say about that
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Oh that has me even more pumped for this. The podcast has been great for the most part. And he certainly has Wolverine’s voice down.
    That ending though, still bugs me what Logan did at the end.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm not wild about Sage or Quire, but I'm fine with everyone else. Hank and Jean are here, so I will have to at least give the first issue a shot.

I'm mostly here for Wolverine and Domino, barring Quire and Sage (who i have no opinion on), i like everyone here and the premise sounds decent enough.

Percy is hit and miss though, so i'm going to be cautious about this.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona