Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Pretty baller. The concept seems to deviate a lot from past incarnations. The cast is solid enough. I think Beast fits this new idea, Wolverine and Domino are a no-brainer, Colossus could finally have a goal again (and bang Neena like a drum for the sake of better times), Jean and Quire are Uber level telepaths and could be a huge help for this kinda team. Don't really care about Sage or Black Tom. It's an overall win for me, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Black ops doesn't necessarily mean wetworks. Espionage work is necessary for proactive solutions how do you stop terrorist network but never letting their plan happen. Intelligence determines the threat and tactical is sent to stop the threat.More along the line of Swat capture than Wetworks kill everyone. Jean and Beast should have any problem with mission in that context. The big philosophy issue comes when you find a threat that should be taken out completely in the mission or threat where taking out the head will lead to collapse of the organization that were they will clash.

Telepath can be non lethal but somewhat moral compromised stop people. Would Jean or Quire mind wipe someone to stop an major attack? Would they violate their mind to get info need to stop an attack? Telepaths can manipulate someone to get information from a group. What line morally would you cross to protect people? It should be some interesting stuff.
    The CIA is one of the most despicable organisation's on the planet. Intelligence agencies meant to topple democratically elected leaders of other countries, manufacture consent for war, fund terrorists.

It could be interesting depending on if the writer really wants to portray this mutant CIA like the actual CIA. Or some version for dumb people that believe they're protecting innocent people instead of furthering their own interests and a bastion of imperialism and white supremacy

I like the team. Black Tom shouldn't be on the team though.

Incredible Member

"X-Force is the CIA of the mutant world—one half intelligence branch, one half special ops. Beast, Jean Grey and Sage on one side, Wolverine, Kid Omega and Domino on the other. In a perfect world, there would be no need for an X-Force"

Apparently, Colossus doesn't deserve a call-out. Hopefully, he gets used as the wrecking ball instead of the passive "gets overshadowed all the time" guy.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I like every character in the roster (well, pretty neutral about Black Tom I guess) and the concept sounds interesting - X-Force as the mutants' CIA sounds pretty solid and ripe for potential, although the characters involved aren't necessarily the first I would have thought of with that particular mission statement. For me to be honest the biggest unknown is the creative team as I've never read anything by either Percy or Cassara - hope to be pleasantly surprised there.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The line up is...weird. I really, really hope Beast and Wolverine together with Jean doesn't lead to yet more rants about Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Beast has stuck to his guns about the moral high ground for sometime now.
    He was also building WMDs with Maximus the Mad.

Pros
    -potential Domilossus
    -cool concept
    -lots of opportunities for moral ambiguity that strains the team
    -i don’t recall reading anything from Percy but hear he’s a good writer and i enjoy Cassara’s art

Cons:
    -Jean and Sage are right there yet Beast and Wolverine are the leaders
    -Kid Omega

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    There is probably a story why Black Tom and Apocalypse are working with the teams. Although I imagine Black Tom is probably more "part of the team" than Apocalypse is part of Excalibur.
    There’s a villain on every team. Apocalypse, Black Tom, Mondo, Kwannon, Vulcan, and Pyro. Just throwing it out there but it might be due to Xavier, and potentially Moira, helping jumpstart mutantkind again that it puts them all under the same banner.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Pros
    -potential Domilossus
    -cool concept
    -lots of opportunities for moral ambiguity that strains the team
    -i don’t recall reading anything from Percy but hear he’s a good writer and i enjoy Cassara’s art

Cons:
    -Jean and Sage are right there yet Beast and Wolverine are the leaders
    -Kid Omega

There’s a villain on every team. Apocalypse, Black Tom, Mondo, Kwannon, Vulcan, and Pyro. Just throwing it out there but it might be due to Xavier, and potentially Moira, helping jumpstart mutantkind again that it puts them all under the same banner.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking - the new status quo at the end of HOX/POX is probably something so radical that the lines between heroes and villains blur and they all end up on the same side... or something.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Yeah that's what I was thinking - the new status quo at the end of HOX/POX is probably something so radical that the lines between heroes and villains blur and they all end up on the same side... or something.
    Mutant Empire, Mutant Supremacy and Mutant Imperialism.

The X-Men are colonialists.

The CIA, Brexit Era Britain and imperialist, East India Company funding this voyage for king Cyclops and country

The royal family on the cover of X-Men
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-21-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

I think it's the opposite- either Xavier is a bad guy, or he's supposed to be good, but Sinister takes over whatever it is he's doing, and mutantkind has to unite to stop him.

The concept of Beast leading intelligence and Wolverine leading field ops and then the two of them getting into fights with each other seems like my kind of thing, but the whole pie is not clicking with me for some reason.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

When can we bury Quentin Quire again?

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Makes me wonder what villains they’ll actually be facing, unless it will be new mutants from Sinister or some prototype of the Sentinels we saw in POX.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Mutant Empire, Mutant Supremacy and Mutant Imperialism.

The X-Men are colonialists.

The CIA, Brexit Era Britain and imperialist, East India Company funding this voyage for king Cyclops and country

The royal family on the cover of X-Men
    I wonder if that means that the crew shown on X-Men aren’t necessarily the main members of the X-Men but they’re all leaders of their own squads. Nepotism, power staying within the family, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I think it's the opposite- either Xavier is a bad guy, or he's supposed to be good, but Sinister takes over whatever it is he's doing, and mutantkind has to unite to stop him.
    I don’t disagree but they would still need a reason to stay together.

Quentin Quire was only good in Morrison's run in my opinion. He kind of lost his Alex from Clockwork Orange feel a long time ago and became a brat. I also detest that he gained telekinesis. He was originally a telepath with a see through mind, correct?

It’s a bunch of overused X-Men and some underused ones I am indifferent to.

For the premise I would’ve gone:
    Beast, Sage, Cypher, Monet, Bishop, Wolverine