Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default What do you think about the X-force line up?

X-FORCE #1
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    Penciled by JOSHUA CASSARA
    Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
    On sale November 2019
    THE COST OF THE FUTURE ISN’T CHEAP.
    X-Force is the CIA of the mutant world—one half intelligence branch, one half special ops. Beast, Jean Grey and Sage on one side, Wolverine, Kid Omega and Domino on the other. In a perfect world, there would be no need for an X-Force. We’re not there… yet.

With so many topics around I think it would be easier to talk about certain stuff with more focus. So here is the first one.

1. What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

2. What do you think about the concept for X-force now as Mutant CIA? Do you think think these characters fit covert ops/special ops teams?

3.What do you know about creative team?

4. Black Tom Cassidy???????

Anyways give your general thoughts on the book.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is risky and unexpected but original.
    Jean and Beast of all people on X-force, I can't even imagine how they are going to act and that has started my curiosity.
    It could be great or a flop ( i hope it is great)
    I like it, 7/10

BANNED

1. The Line Up is.....ok. I’d rather not have Kid Omega and Logan with Jean, but whatever.

2. I think the concept is great. I believe the X-Force serves as the Mutant Shield. Just like I believe Marauders are the Sword. The people selected for this team is good for gathering intel and going on Secret Op missions. However, personally I’d pick a different set of mutants for this, but hey it works.

3. I have not read anything from Benjamin Percy. So, I’ll give it a try.

4. Black Tom Cassidy...........yeah, this makes me scratch my head and say: “Why him though??”

Anyway, I’m interested in seeing where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    1. The Line Up is.....ok. I’d rather not have Kid Omega and Logan with Jean, but whatever.

2. I think the concept is great. I believe the X-Force serves as the Mutant Shield. Just like I believe Marauders are the Sword. The people selected for this team is good for gathering intel and going on Secret Op missions. However, personally I’d pick a different set of mutants for this, but hey it works.

3. I have not read anything from Benjamin Percy. So, I’ll give it a try.

4. Black Tom Cassidy...........yeah, this makes me scratch my head and say: “Why him though??”

Anyway, I’m interested in seeing where this goes.
    Percy wrote the Wolverine podcast which was pretty dang amazing for the most part.

I'm excited for this line up, mostly because I'm curious to see how Beast and Jean can deal with a team that kills. Jean I can buy because of the whole Dark Phoenix phase but Beast has stuck to his guns about the moral high ground for sometime now.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Domlossus is back!!

I don't know about QQ and Black Tom. Beast being the leader also doesn't make sense, he's always mourning about x-force and the high ground.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

1. I LOVE the lineup, I was shocked when I saw Jean was on the team. But when I saw Quentin, I almost burst!! I have been dreaming of a team with those two on it together, and if it’s X-Force then so be it.

2. Should be interesting seeing how both sides intertwine.

3. I don’t know either.

4. That’s the only meh character... If they were gonna do a villain character, much would have rather had like Mystique, Fabian Cortez, Exodus, Uniscone, or even Shinobi Shaw. Black Tom is so random.

This and X-Men are the two books I’m most pumped for!!!

I like the premise for the book but the cast is a little ify for me. I so glad Sage is back but every one else is a meh. See Black Tom on the team is questionable, but with his power set it kind of fits. But I'm already tired of Wolverine and Quentin and I haven't read a word yet.

As for the creators, I'm not familiar with Benjamin Percy's novels so I'll wait to see how he'll translate his style in this medium. And for me JOSHUA CASSARA's scratchy style my not fit with the X-Men like it did with the last Sentry mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Percy wrote the Wolverine podcast which was pretty dang amazing for the most part.

I'm excited for this line up, mostly because I'm curious to see how Beast and Jean can deal with a team that kills. Jean I can buy because of the whole Dark Phoenix phase but Beast has stuck to his guns about the moral high ground for sometime now.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. Wonder why now has Beast changed his mind

My Thoughts

1. I am pretty happy with line up overall Wolverine, Domino, Sage, Black Tom seem X-forceish . Colossus has been on X-force squad he works on tactical level. The people who don't fit Beast and Jean Grey are in the intelligence aspect so they found clever way to make people who would traditional work in black ops atmosphere work. Quire is wild card nothing about him screams professional but he is morally flexible and telepath which should make for some interesting reading. The line up has good mix of philosophy with Jean,Beast and Colossus being more traditional types and Wolverine and everyone else being more moral questionable. Everyone minds instantly goes to the Wolverine and Jean thing when they could easily be Colossus ,Domino, and Wolverine triangle.

2. I cover most of it in the above answer but I really like the idea of this Cia like team especially with the pure good guys being involved. I said about Quire but same is true for Jean, A telepath in black ops team will end up doing some grimy stuff this is going to be interesting.

3. I am not familiar with creative team, I got go look up their stuff

4. Black Tom Cassidy is the question mark but all of these X- teams seem to have villian on them. I wonder if they are reformed or it by necessity

1. Don't really care for the lineup but it has Tessa so all is forgiven.

2. The concept may be the best thing the series has going for it. Mutant CIA just exudes awesome.

3. As long as Percy keeps his commentary in check it should be all good.

4. Couldn't care less about Black Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. Wonder why now has Beast changed his mind
    I read in the Logan thread that Percy announced that Beast is the Intel Leader and Logan is the Field Leader, so I'm sure they will butt heads more than once on how to solve the problem at hand.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I like it, I am looking forward to Jean working with Domino and Sage. I think my main hope is that Jean changes uniforms. I don't have a great idea for a uniform or anything, but if she is going to be on the covert ops team then let her go back to her New X-Men black uniform.

Other than that I think I am going to like this series. I wonder with Logan and Jean on a regular team together are they are going to continue the relationship tension with Scott, Jean, and Logan.

I am getting it for Wolverine. Also the idea is interesting. The Team is to big for my liking but seems to be fun, so I give it a try.

Kind of interesting to see folks confused about why Black Tom would end up on this team.

To me, it seems like a completely logical choice.

Scenario: We are creating the "Mutant" equivalent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

How many agents have at least straddled the line between what readers would see as "Good" versus "Evil"? Second, why wouldn't you want the insights of someone who has actually been a part of that side of mutants as a whole?