Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I simply doesn't understand why she is using a dress. It looks ridiculous on the cover, it's a black ops team, imagine showing up with a dress. This rubs me really wrong
    She is part of intelligence. She wont be part of the black ops field action.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I don't think it really matters what Jean wears to be honest. If she decides to go in the field well her TP would basically negate the need for a stealth suit. Outside of technology, Jean would only be seen if she wanted to be seen, so she pretty much can wear whatever the hell she wants. Personally I would prefer the Morrison era costume but again it doesn't matter.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I don't think it really matters what Jean wears to be honest. If she decides to go in the field well her TP would basically negate the need for a stealth suit. Outside of technology, Jean would only be seen if she wanted to be seen, so she pretty much can wear whatever the hell she wants. Personally I would prefer the Morrison era costume but again it doesn't matter.
    Her TP doesnt work on cameras that would detect her infiltrating

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    for my eyes it matter

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Her TP doesnt work on cameras that would detect her infiltrating
    Hence the outside technology part, but if caught on camera the costume still doesn't matter. You get caught on camera then stealthy costume is meaningless.
    Last edited by Steroid; 07-22-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I dislike the current costume but I don't think she is wering it for battle.
    I doubt she is going to be killing people, that would be more like Wolverine's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Lol at someone saying that about Bishop/Jean.
    Bishop/Sage for life!
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I dislike the current costume but I don't think she is wering it for battle.
    I doubt she is going to be killing people, that would be more like Wolverine's job.

So, it's okay if she just does reconnaissance for the people who will do the actual killing? Not for me it's not. In my mind, that makes her culpable in what they do.

No one said “kill squad.” In fact, X-Force wasn’t that until the Kyle/Yost series that spun out of Messiah Complex. It continued into Uncanny X-Force, but after that it went back to what it’s always been: a paramilitary strike force version of the X-men. Proactive in seeking out threats before they show up on the X-men’s front door. It wasn’t a kill squad per se, though sometimes folks got killed. Percy specifically referred to the two sides of X-Force as “intelligence” and “special ops.” Not a kill squad. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No one said “kill squad.” In fact, X-Force wasn’t that until the Kyle/Yost series that spun out of Messiah Complex. It continued into Uncanny X-Force, but after that it went back to what it’s always been: a paramilitary strike force version of the X-men. Proactive in seeking out threats before they show up on the X-men’s front door. It wasn’t a kill squad per se, though sometimes folks got killed. Percy specifically referred to the two sides of X-Force as “intelligence” and “special ops.” Not a kill squad. Just saying.
    I have tried to explain this but it is a lost cause no matter how much you say it is not a kill squad. Once people hear X-force and Black ops it becomes a kill squad. The funny thing is the "intelligence branch" might end up doing grimy questionable stuff than the "tactical branch" depending on the approach to the story.

No doubt. Cyber warfare, misinformation campaigns, destabilizing mutant-hostile regimes, etc.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I first thought that Jean was an unusual choice for X-Force but then I remembered X-Men Red where Jean was orchestrating a jailbreak to rescue Trinary. Perhaps her role on X-Force will be something similar.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I first thought that Jean was an unusual choice for X-Force but then I remembered X-Men Red where Jean was orchestrating a jailbreak to rescue Trinary. Perhaps her role on X-Force will be something similar.
    That reminds me of when a few posters tried to argue that Jean should be in jail for breaking the laws of foreign countries. As if the X-Men aren't vigilantes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Dont forget Uncanny X-men 333 where she and Gambit go undercover to infiltrate the Pentagon

or 383 when she uses her TP and Cable's TK to infilitrate a Russian organization

Incredible Member

If that is the type of stuff she will be doing, no problem. I had seen a solicit for this book that read to me like they'd be doing some questionable stuff. Something like, in an ideal world you wouldn't need X Force, but this isn't an ideal world. For me, had a connotation of doing questionable but necessary acts. Which some would say applied to kill squad X Force.

The early 90s book actually did start with them killing, basically executing a couple of people. Sauron and Black Tom come to mind. That was the intent at the time, anyway. And they certainly wound up veering away from that. Plus, they were not working in concert with the more traditional X teams who didn't spprove of their meathods.

It's one thing to have a team go off on it's own and start going hardcore. I don't know the setup of all these new teams and how independent they are of each other. In my mind, though, Jean shouldn't be in 2 books where 1 takes a more traditionally idealistic approach and another involves a kill squad. If that's not the case, happy tp hear it.