Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Domino and Sage are pretty interesting to me. I never thought I'd see them in this type of environment together.

BANNED

Before I jump into the questions, can we can different costumes for everyone here? They've all had more suitable looks in the past, or we could simply get an artist to design the good ol black & grey team uniforms. The current look is very eclectic, and doesn't fit the vibe of the mutant CIA operatives.

1. What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

• I'm not a fan. I can see how/why Logan, Domino, Colossus & Sage fit the team, and I am excited to see how those four interact. But I'm not sold on the others.
    • I don't think X-Force in its many iterations has ever been a place that Jean fits in. Just based on the premise, outside of being a telepath, I'm not sure she does here either. Furthermore, I don't think should be apart of the intelligence gathering/wetworks team in any capacity. Jean should be leading mutants on the front-line, particularly after the events of X-Men Red and proving herself a self-assured capable leader. She's back in her outdated Marvel Girl garb too, which is regression from my perspective. I worry what her placement with Logan on two teams may mean for them romantically- I have other soulmates in mind for both of them.
    • Should anyone be trusting Hank at this point in time? Beast has contributed to mutant catastrophe on multiple occasions in recent years. And they've got him leading one half of the operation? Yeesh. Sage & Jean are right there. If it were up to me, he'd be hanging out with Wonder Man in LA.
    • I just can't bring myself to like Quentin Quire. His one redemption point is using up his phoenix shard to devamp Jubilee. And even in putting aside my disdain for QQ, I don't think he fits the mold. He's flashy, arrogant and quite frankly a liability. I don't care to see his dynamic with Jean or Logan repeated either, and I fully expect that's something they'll amp up for 'comedic value'. And when it comes to having a telepath on the field, in addition to Jean that is, why not Prestige, Empath or No-Girl? All three are a better fit in my opinion, and I'd much rather have them getting development over the pink-haired git.
    • X-23 & Kwannon should have been here rather than on Fallen Angels.
    • If we're still looking to fill the team, I'd nominate Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Trance, Shatterstar, Boom Boom or Siryn.
    • BIG POSITIVE Piotr & Neena may get back together! #Domlossus P.S. Piotr better grow back the beard.

2. What do you think about the concept for X-force now as Mutant CIA? Do you think think these characters fit covert ops/special ops teams?

I've answered this in part already. I can see how/why most of the team members are here in terms of powersets, I'm just not so sure it's the best place for them is all. And as far as 'Mutant CIA', I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer the kill squad route.

3.What do you know about creative team?

Eh. Ben Percy's Titans and Arrow stuff was okay, but I wouldn't rave about it. Cassara is meh too. Def my most 'meh' creative team of the Dawn of X. Every other book I have very positive associations with the writer and/or artist.

4. Black Tom Cassidy???????

Black Tom is a real anomaly. I really don't get understand why he's here. The other books bringing in villains makes a little more sense given who they are and their connections to X-Lore. Black Tom is hardly a central character or even a recognisable one. AFAIK he has no connection to any of the members, so I struggle to understand why Hank and/or Logan (the established leaders) would choose to bring him into the fold over the dozens of other mutants at their disposal. If they wanted to bring an ex-villain in, why not Daken, Mystique, Lady Mastermind, Marrow, Blob, Avalanche, Shinobi Shaw or Abyss? Any of those would have made more sense.

BANNED

And this should be an appreciation thread too.
    Screenshot (29).jpg
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-16-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Fantastic Member

I've always leaned toward the position of Xforce being the New Mutants version of Xmen. More preemptive strike team and being that Sunspot and Karma are rich maybe throw in the corporate flare.

As far as this lineup...ehhhh its fine though I'd rather have Rachel Grey as an Xforce lineup seems to fit her more so than Jean then fill it out with Sage. Bishop. Banshee. Domino. Psylocke. Gambit. Magik maaaybbeee Wolverine
    Last edited by GodfatherIV; 09-16-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    And this should be an appreciation thread too.
    Screenshot (29).jpg
    Really digging that art.

I don't know how I feel about Jean and Beast being on X-Force.

We'll have to see. It's different

It’s a new world order post HoX/PoX. I think it makes sense. They’re the intel branch, monitoring threats and perhaps even engaging in cyber warfare, hacking and misinformation campaigns where needed to protect mutantkind and the new Krakoa nation-state. Meanwhile, when it gets physical, they send in Logan and crew on the wetworks side. I have a feeling there will be philosophical disagreements about methods, as there have always been.

IMO this is a great concept for the book and a logical progression for X-Force in the DoX new world order.

Putting it like that actually sounds pretty good.

Astonishing Member

Loose quinten quire replace with anyone else

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This feels more like X-Treme X-Men vol. 1.
    "Cable was right!"

I wonder if Jean is going to come out of HoX/PoX as happy and positive as some people think she will. If Xavier has been controlling her and suppressing her she might come out of HoX/PoX really angry and may even go to a bit of a darker place.

I do think the idea with the new X-Force is partly to appease Hank, in the past he disagreed with how dark Scott and Logan took X-Force, so I think it might be a balance, Hank gets to bring some people he wants, Logan gets to bring some people, and together they try to form a balance of some kind. Quentin is probably on the team because one of the few people he actually respects is Logan and on a good day Quentin will actually listen to Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wonder if Jean is going to come out of HoX/PoX as happy and positive as some people think she will. If Xavier has been controlling her and suppressing her she might come out of HoX/PoX really angry and may even go to a bit of a darker place.

I do think the idea with the new X-Force is partly to appease Hank, in the past he disagreed with how dark Scott and Logan took X-Force, so I think it might be a balance, Hank gets to bring some people he wants, Logan gets to bring some people, and together they try to form a balance of some kind. Quentin is probably on the team because one of the few people he actually respects is Logan and on a good day Quentin will actually listen to Logan.
    Hank, Sage and Black Tom are already in the monitoring/Intel Krakoan System so I can see Beast being involved in this X-Force. Plus it's looking more like they have a Secret Avengers style rather than murderous X-Force.

I really can't get behind Omega yet. He's always been too full of himself and/or reckless to be put in this kind of delicate mission.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I wasn't initially interested in this one because I only really like two of the characters featured, but after seeing the interior art I will probably pick up at least the first issue. I really hope Jean isn't wearing the costume on the cover, it ugly.

I am new to QQ but the rest seam like a good idea. I love the idea of logan being in the field and beast and Jean wanting to temper him...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.