Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Default What do you think about the Marauders line up?

MARAUDERS #1
    Written by Gerry Duggan
    Penciled by Matteo Lolli
    Cover by RUSSEL DAUTERMAN
    On sale October 2019
    THE X-MEN SAIL AT DAWN!
    Even in this glorious new dawn, Mutantkind faces hardships and oppression from their human counterparts. Led by Captain Kate Pryde and funded by Emma Frost and the Hellfire Trading Company, Marauders Storm, Pyro, Bishop and Iceman sail the seas of the world to protect those hated and feared!

With so many topics around I think it would be easier to talk about certain stuff with more focus

1.What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

2.What do you think so far about the concept for Marauders? Who do you think is leader "Kate" Pryde is the "Captain" but Emma Frost is funding it?

3. What do you know about creative team?

4.Pyro??? Which one is he?

Anyways give your general thoughts on the book.

BANNED

Awesome.

1. I LOVE the line up, so many strong personalities on here.

2. I think the concept is interesting. This team seems to operate as the X-Men’s show of Force. They are more like the Sword. I don’t like Kitty being Leader among 3 capable people: Storm, Emma and Bobby. It’s strange to have her lead veteran X-Men as if they don’t know how to lead. But I’m curious on the concept of Emma’s funding.

3. I’ve read Gerry Duggan Uncanny Avengers and I must say he does a great job in writing a large team dynamic. He’s seems to understand their powers. My ONLY concern is that does he understand THESE Mutants powers. I’m NOT interested in revisiting X-Men Gold where Kitty somehow knows how to do EVERYTHING.

4. Not sure about this Pyro, but I assume he’s the New one from X-Men Gold.

I’m very interested. Kitties leadership is the only thing that bothers me. Other than that this book looks great and fun. I can’t wait.

I'm pretty excited with this title, actually. Storm is my favorite so her being here is a major plus. Emma with that fabulous outfit is great too, because she has a nice antagonistic rapport with most of the cast, other than Bishop and Pyro. And speaking of Pyro, he's definitely the weakest link. I don't know if he's the new pyro or the resurrected St. John but I'd rather have Jean-Paul take his place. It would have been great to see how he and Emma would have interacted. But I guess with him on the team, he and Bobby would have the team romance covered.

As for the creator team, Matteo Lolli is a decent artist but he does render rather shapeless women, with flat, lifeless hair and Ororo should never have a flat, zero-body mane. I don't read Deadpool so I'm not familiar with Gerry Duggan's works. He just best get my girl right and try not to make Kitty too insufferable.

1. Other than Kitty I love the lineup. Pretty much my favorite lineup of the whole relaunch.

2. Im very interested in the concept as i feel they will be guiding mutants to Krakoa. As far as leader I think Kitty will be the face of the team but Emma is absolutely the power behind the throne so to speak.

3. Lolli is great but Duggan does worry me. If we get Uncanny Avengers Duggan then we are in for a treat, but if we get Infinity Wars Duggan then well I it's gonna be awful.

4. As far as Pyro goes I REALLY hope it's the original. LOVE St.John.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Yay, Lockheed!

Booo, wtf can't they give Kitty a better costume JFC

Pros: Storm, Bishop
    Cons: Kitty leading, played out HFC, Pyro

Lineup seems fun, although I'd rather see Storm as the captain. That's a good crew for some pirate adventures.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Is it Kate not Kitty though? I was assuming Kate is an alternate universe Shadowcat? Anyways love seeing Mama, Storm, Iceman, and Bishop. Not too keen on Pyro but who knows and Kate being leader isn't my cup of tea, but hey it might work
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I love that Emma and Storm are both getting featured on a team, and even better together. I know it will take a while but I hope they tentatively rebuild their friendship over the series. If Kitty is going to lead, it's good to have Emma around to criticize Kitty on a regular basis. Yay, Lockheed is back, I love that he is back with Kitty.

Bishop gets to be on a team with Storm, and there is a good chance he will get on well with Emma, so he finally gets on a regular team and a core member again.

I am wondering if this is the same Pyro that Bobby dated a couple times in Gold, I am great with that if they are in an on again off again relationship in the series.

Overall, I think this is going to be the series that has the most interaction with humans when they rescue mutants. I think they get labelled as pirates by the human governments so they end up embracing the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Is it Kate not Kitty though? I was assuming Kate is an alternate universe Shadowcat? Anyways love seeing Mama, Storm, Iceman, and Bishop. Not too keen on Pyro but who knows and Kate being leader isn't my cup of tea, but hey it might work
    I think it's Kitty, she is just choosing to go by Kate. I am ok with her making the choice to be Kate Pryde. We'll see how many times Storm calls her "Kitten" and see how long Kate lasts. I imagine Emma won't have a problem with Kate. In fact I could see Emma being super formal and calling her Katherine all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think it's Kitty, she is just choosing to go by Kate. I am ok with her making the choice to be Kate Pryde. We'll see how many times Storm calls her "Kitten" and see how long Kate lasts. I imagine Emma won't have a problem with Kate. In fact I could see Emma being super formal and calling her Katherine all the time.
    Yeah. It's past time that she'll refer to herself as KATE instead of KItty. Chris established that way back during the DoFP storyline that she'd do it. And after the major f-up with Peter, she needs to move away from childish things like cute nicknames likening herself to baby cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Yeah. It's past time that she'll refer to herself as KATE instead of KItty. Chris established that way back during the DoFP storyline that she'd do it. And after the major f-up with Peter, she needs to move away from childish things like cute nicknames likening herself to baby cats.
    I agree, a little foreshadowing of her becoming a little more like DoFP Kate would be a good thing.

It should be interesting for the dynamic of the team with Emma and Kate, and Emma and Orroro. I remember the rumours of Emma being a on team where she isn't fully trusted, but they implied it would be a different team than this. But Emma and Kate are like oil and water and I am very curious how that will turn out.

Of course I may not be factoring in the events of HoX/PoX. There is that issue with Storm and Emma on the cover and I wonder if they are forced to work together in that issue and perhaps this whole Marauders team spins out of that issue.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Okay thanks so much and it does make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Thanks for this piece of info. I never knew Katherine would stop wanting to be referred to as "Kitty"
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Okay thanks so much and it does make sense

Thanks for this piece of info. I never knew Katherine would stop wanting to be referred to as "Kitty"
    I can't remember did Emma call her Kitty very much. I remember Emma calling her Katherine fairly often and using her full name.

BANNED

I agree, a little foreshadowing of her becoming a little more like DoFP Kate would be a good thing.

It should be interesting for the dynamic of the team with Emma and Kate, and Emma and Orroro. I remember the rumours of Emma being a on team where she isn't fully trusted, but they implied it would be a different team than this. But Emma and Kate are like oil and water and I am very curious how that will turn out.

Of course I may not be factoring in the events of HoX/PoX. There is that issue with Storm and Emma on the cover and I wonder if they are forced to work together in that issue and perhaps this whole Marauders team spins out of that issue.
    I’m glad you mention Storm and Emma on the Cover of HoX #6 cover because that let’s believe they are declaring war. That’s why I feel like this Team is a show of Force for all mutants. I hope this team is not afraid to do what needs to be done when handling Humans.