Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'm pretty sure that this guy hasn't read 20 pages ever since he bought the company.
    If you think people like him don't pay attention to the kind of conditioning material their companies put out, you're not paying attention. He most certainly doesn't bother with the minutia, but I am certain there are mandates or protocols by which his editors dictate to the writers what kind of stories to print. I'm sure 'no up-ending the petrol-dollar and the military industrialists' is among them. I mean, look at the Infinity Saga: it's basically the story of how the handsome, funny billionaire military industrialist saves the whole universe from the evil aliens.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    What's crazy about this is, it feels like this is the direction Greg Pak was trying to push her into. Davis Harmon was the catalyst. The big altercations with him always showed Storm as a big eco threat. I feel like we were much closer to this version of Storm than we even knew.
    I wanted to like Pak's run with her, and to his credit, he did almost do some of these things, but it just didn't gel. Ultimately freaking Zero was the climactic bad guy of the 11 issue arc, and he was beaten by a care-bear stare.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I wanted to like Pak's run with her, and to his credit, he did almost do some of these things, but it just didn't gel. Ultimately freaking Zero was the climactic bad guy of the 11 issue arc, and he was beaten by a care-bear stare.
    Too true. It all fell flat. I do think she dust off that tiny little rogues gallery that series made for her with the underworld and give it another go.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I'd pick this up, but Nightcrawler should be on this line-up and either he or Storm should be leading. It would be pretty fun if that were true. With Kitty Pryde as leader, I think I'll pass. Not fond of Emma, Pyro or the HFC connections either.

BANNED

Has the music video for “I’m on a boat” been posted yet? Don’t want to be redundant...

I think im interested to see in which direction Duggan goes in when interpreting Emma's and Kittys relationship. In all honesty the relationship should be cordial at best, as we saw with how Whedon ended his run and how they interacted towards the end of Bendis' run, with Emma inviting Kitty to go on a girls night out. Not to mention that Emma did send Kitty a gift at her Bachelorette party however, as we saw with Sina Graces run on Iceman, the way she treated Emma was cold at best and very much unlike how they previously were portrayed. Emma and Kitty were essentially on a road to recovery but for some reason many writers want to ignore that, which is incredibly disappointing to say the least...

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I think im interested to see in which direction Duggan goes in when interpreting Emma's and Kittys relationship. In all honesty the relationship should be cordial at best, as we saw with how Whedon ended his run and how they interacted towards the end of Bendis' run, with Emma inviting Kitty to go on a girls night out. Not to mention that Emma did send Kitty a gift at her Bachelorette party however, as we saw with Sina Graces run on Iceman, the way she treated Emma was cold at best and very much unlike how they previously were portrayed. Emma and Kitty were essentially on a road to recovery but for some reason many writers want to ignore that, which is incredibly disappointing to say the least...
    to be fair, Sina wrote her the way she was being portrayed in other books around the same time. No matter how cordial Kitty may be with Emma at times, I dont think she'll ever truly forget how Emma kept coming for her when she was a child. I think there will always be some underlying contempt and distrust on her part that will and should come up from time to time

I always wanted to get a book where Storm and Emma have a good and more intimate relationship and I really hope this book does something in this direction.

Ororo and Emma have worked together in the runs of Ellis, Fraction, Gillen and other times, but Ororo usually did not have a lot of importance in those books, so their relationship never fully developed. Just some snark, discussions and that's it. When I saw both on the cover of HoX 6 and in this Marauders book, I started to imagine they putting aside their differences and working together, realizing they have more in common that they think. Two strong women should work together more often, and without Logan and Scott to rob the scene and the drama, we may finally have the opportunity.

HOL-EE-SH*T
    She's A Lifebringer

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kitty doesn't skip leg day despite still having the legs of a 12 year old.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

There’s another Storm action page

BANNED

HOL-EE-SH*T
    NICE!!!!!

I like how Kitty took out that guard haha Shoot the Flatscans!! LOL. Storm and Bobby looking good too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There’s another Storm action page
    Where??? Can you show us

She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Thanks. This looks great.

I hope we get to see a capable Storm in the field of Combat.