Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The latter

10char
    "Cable was right!"

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Definitely the latter. Spirit has a vendetta against Morrison that I have largely learned to ignore.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

It gets weirder if we go by the (totally unsubstantiated, AFAIK) rumor that Morrison originally wanted Storm to be Scott's lover in NXM. Which I'd have dug as well, actually, but Emma is grand.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I do think everyone is getting a bit heated when the comic hasn't even come out yet. Also Emma and Storm are supposed to be working together somewhat in the tail end of HoX/PoX so who knows what's going to happen.

It's hard not to be pessimistic about Emma's fate when I know the primary editor and several writers all want Emma to go back to being an all out villain and outright evil. They worship the 80's X-Men and think that no characters should have developed past that point and Emma hasn't changed at all since she was portrayed at the time of Dark Phoenix. Even though later writers in the early 90's portrayed Emma as a bit more sympathetic when she counselled the New Mutants after the Beyonder killed and then resurrected them all. That was one of the things that lead into Emma's eventual change in status after the Massachusetts Academy was attacked and the Hellions were killed. When Emma recovered from her coma she decided to do things more in line with Xavier's dream and worked with Sean to establish Gen X. It's called character progression, characters grow and change and after their backstory is filled in you find out that Emma Frost White Queen of the Hellfire Club loves teaching kids more than any other things she does and that she prioritizes being a teacher over almost everything else. Once you learn that about Emma it gets harder and harder for writers to make her an outright villain, she can be a bit underhanded against people who work against her, but she is always very protective of her kids. I actually liked how during the Onslaught event they revisited her feelings about the Hellions dying and she was obsessively trying to protect the Gen X kids from Onslaught by taking them out of the country to keep them away from Onslaught.
    The big issue for people is that this doesn't feel like a new thing, but a continuation of all the crap from before. Like I said elsewhere, this feels the same as before, and previous writers/editors have used up all the good will or benefit of the doubt the X-office would receive when it comes to Emma.
    And it does suck that these same people are stuck at such an old point, to where most of her published history contradicts what they try and push.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Every rational part of me says not to engage but my fatal flaw really wants to hear more about this dank conspiracy theory. I can't find anything via google - where did this come from? How does the story go? Did Morrison... insert a meta reference to his EiC's marital problems? Did Joe Quesada demand that Grant Morrison include an infidelity plot in his X-Men run as an outlet for his private problems? Is the real reason Morrison never worked for Marvel again because it was the most harrowingly unprofessional work environment of his career, his boss using him as a therapist?
    The story goes that Quesada was in an abusive relationship with his wife (with her being the abuser), and was going through a messy divorce. This whole process colored Quesada's perception of marriage, and in the direct aftermath he engineered the deaths of the marriages of Mary Jane and Peter, Janet and Hank Pym, and of course Scott and Jean. He went on record saying marriages made characters worse, and bent over backwards to make it look like Hank, Peter, and Scott were better off without their wives.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...tor/JoeQuesada Full story is here.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It gets weirder if we go by the (totally unsubstantiated, AFAIK) rumor that Morrison originally wanted Storm to be Scott's lover in NXM. Which I'd have dug as well, actually, but Emma is grand.
    I always wondered what would happen if Emma and Kitty got drunk and ended up in bed together. I think it would be insanely funny to explore the aftermath of that for a few issues. Kitty acting all indignant, Emma teasing her about it, and Kitty horrified at the fact that she fantasizes about having another tryst with Emma.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    The big issue for people is that this doesn't feel like a new thing, but a continuation of all the crap from before.
    I mean, all you've seen to worry you is a single cover with Sebastian Shaw.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Emma was his third character choice actually, and for the second option there probably wouldn't have been a love triangle or a very different one: he wanted Storm first and was told no because Claremont had dibs, then he wanted Colossus but wasn't allowed to revive him, and ultimately went for Emma.

... that said I'm not 100% where.I heard that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I always wondered what would happen if Emma and Kitty got drunk and ended up in bed together. I think it would be insanely funny to explore the aftermath of that for a few issues. Kitty acting all indignant, Emma teasing her about it, and Kitty horrified at the fact that she fantasizes about having another tryst with Emma.
    Then Catspaw shows up doing her weird furry thing and it gets real nuts

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Emma was his third character choice actually, and for the second option there probably wouldn't have been a love triangle or a very different one: he wanted Storm first and was told no because Claremont had dibs, then he wanted Colossus but wasn't allowed to revive him, and ultimately went for Emma.

... that said I'm not 100% where.I heard that.
    Colossus was in the pitch we've all probably read, yes, as was Moira (who died at the end of Revolution with Colossus). Storm may have been mentioned in it. But a romance with Scott and Storm was not in that pitch. So if that rumor has any basis in fact it's not substantiated by that pitch document.

Then Catspaw shows up doing her weird furry thing and it gets real nuts
    Well everyone said the Marauders is going to be the queer book, why not go all in. Explore all the possible femslash and slash relationships you can.

I mean, all you've seen to worry you is a single cover with Sebastian Shaw.
    And Solicit 2. And the leaked Solicit 3. And the entire character history over the last several years.

The only evidence you have to the contrary is the belief that Hickman doesn't suck as much as editorial does.

Colossus was in the pitch we've all probably read, yes, as was Moira (who died at the end of Revolution with Colossus). Storm may have been mentioned in it. But a romance with Scott and Storm was not in that pitch. So if that rumor has any basis in fact it's not substantiated by that pitch document.
    wow a romance between Scott and Piotr, that's very interesting and possibly fun too!

Dude. Come on. This verges on slander. What is your evidence for this? That maybe he was involved with a woman who happened to be blonde IRL, so Morrison was therefore living vicariously through fictional characters? That's flimsy as ****. Shall we apply that to every writer who's worked on any other character, or just ones you don't like?
    He said about it on a interview, I can't find the link easy.

Well writers do that all the time. Whedon, Fraction all did it. i don't know why the surprise, sure if it was a girl it would be bad, but a guy get to be a good run and isn't called out on that

sure I'm a hater so I can be objective? LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And Solicit 2. And the leaked Solicit 3.
    Leaked Solicit 3 is, I believe, a thematic piece with Kitty with two people on her shoulder. Emma and Ororo are on different moral poles - shocker. But that gives you no indicator that a) Emma is a villain in this book or that b) Emma is not a featured team member.

And the entire character history over the last several years.
    A thrilling era Hickman clearly has deep respect for, so much so that he's publicly dismissed it in recent interviews.