Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She was even younger than 18. In the Davis run that Claremont ghost-wrote parts of and which took place 6 months before Revolution, it's stated she's 16.

(Then again, Claremont also had her tend bar in Chicago, which requires one to be a minimum age of 18 so)
    Which is why I never take most claims of age seriously in the books and stick to my own.

I remember Waid having Scott say he was 25 or something pre-Onslaught. GTFO town, Scott!

Emma's look is glorious. And it looks like she's making Shaw mad, which is also nice.

I'm pretty optimistic about this title and about how Emma will be used here. She's still with the Hellfire Club but I think she will be a good guy, just scheming and plotting as Emma should.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Emma's look is glorious. And it looks like she's making Shaw mad, which is also nice.

I'm pretty optimistic about this title and about how Emma will be used here. She's still with the Hellfire Club but I think she will be a good guy, just scheming and plotting as Emma should.
    And you never know what might happen, Shaw might be walking down some stairs and trip and break his neck and then Emma can be completely in charge by herself. Accidents do happen you know!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She was even younger than 18. In the Davis run that Claremont ghost-wrote parts of and which took place 6 months before Revolution, it's stated she's 16.

(Then again, Claremont also had her tend bar in Chicago, which requires one to be a minimum age of 18 so)
    Well now my head hurts cuz Kitty is supposed to be around Roberto or Rahne's ages and they were considered adults by the time Pete Wisdom shows up.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Emma is glorious and all but...I want to see some Storm wip.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I swear this is a Kitty/Emma duo book. Storm and Iceman only showed up in that page where they attack that cyborg guy. No Bishop and No Pyro.

Also gimme X-Force art.
    "Cable was right!"

I also want to see some Storm panels. I hope Ororo and the elementals get to do some cool stuff with their powers. And I reaaally hope Bobby will go shopping with Auntie Ems.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    And you never know what might happen, Shaw might be walking down some stairs and trip and break his neck and then Emma can be completely in charge by herself. Accidents do happen you know!
    XD. Shaw respawns like crazy tho. Emma is always getting rid of him but he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    XD. Shaw respawns like crazy tho. Emma is always getting rid of him but he comes back.
    He unlocked the Jesus Christ code for 3 day respawn times.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I swear this is a Kitty/Emma duo book. Storm and Iceman only showed up in that page where they attack that cyborg guy. No Bishop and No Pyro.

Also gimme X-Force art.
    and New Mutants art while they're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Also gimme X-Force art.
    Honestly they haven't released much yet. Just a couple of panels of Kitty and a couple of panels of Emma. It's not even the full pages, just 2 panels for each of them.

Most of those pictures are coming from the artists showing what they are working on and I don't think it has much to do with the full content of the books themselves. Artists have favorite characters they like to draw, in this case Kitty and Emma, it's not like those two characters are going to dominate the book.

I expect Kitty and Storm will probably be the mains on the ship side and Bobby, Bishop, and Pyro will get the B stories. I am not sure yet where Emma fits in, obviously she is going to get some story but she may be a recurring support character rather than a regular team member. I want Emma to be one of the mains, but if the book is mostly about the their adventures away from Krakoa and Emma isn't a member of the crew then she will probably just be a recurring character in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    And yeah, Mekanix, Arena, etc. was Claremont at his kinkiest. I knew guys in the scene in NYC who had stories about him, lol.
    oh, c'mon. spill it.

BANNED

I mean, do I need to spell it out? We all know what Kinky Grandpa was into, and it was New York in the 80s. I do appreciate him always keeping it equal gender-opportunity in the books though; seeing all the male X-Men/NMs in leather or little else throughout his various ludicrous stories was an eye-opener for a tiny little pre-gay comic book kid.

ahem. As for the Marauders lineup, there is no evidence Emma or anyone else is just a support player. Y'all have seen a grand total of like 2-3 pages and some vague solicits. Chill.

I’m not sure what other people have been saying about this and I’m probably not reading 30 pages to find out but:

How has Kitty Pryde spent the last 15+ years under the exclusive stewardship of people who think of her as a 100% heterosexual woman who wears one boring costume?

The costume thing seems especially ridiculous now, when Hickman has talked about taking a more relaxed approach to characters’ outfits (I think he described it like they all probably have closets full of classic looks at this point and could cycle through them all the time) and when the apparent swashbuckling vibe of this concept would seem to suit something like her classic blue Shadowcat look so well. I know that one is a bit dated but someone could modernize its loose flowiness so well!

And this book with its actual gays Bobby (and Pyro?), queens Emma and Ororo, mutants really coming into their own again and making bold strides out in the world, seems like it could be a great queer-positive place to make good on all those decades of Kitty subtext, but I’m not sure Gerry Duggan is the writer for that type of book, and I also feel like all that subtext-parsing is probably so limited to queer circles in comics fandom it’s possible none of the major editors or writers of this decade have ever even been aware of it. Is it even talked about much around these parts, with regards to Kitty, or Ororo for that matter? (I’m not saying none of their relationships with men were legitimate or anything, just that that does not seem to be the whole story...)

Edit - no sooner than I post this do I see someone mentioning Mekanix which means uhh maybe I do have some catching up to do on this thread lollll
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 08-22-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I’m not sure what other people have been saying about this and I’m probably not reading 30 pages to find out but:

How has Kitty Pryde spent the last 15+ years under the exclusive stewardship of people who think of her as a 100% heterosexual woman who wears one boring costume?

The costume thing seems especially ridiculous now, when Hickman has talked about taking a more relaxed approach to characters’ outfits (I think he described it like they all probably have closets full of classic looks at this point and could cycle through them all the time) and when the apparent swashbuckling vibe of this concept would seem to suit something like her classic blue Shadowcat look so well. I know that one is a bit dated but someone could modernize its loose flowiness so well!

And this book with its actual gays Bobby (and Pyro?), queens Emma and Ororo, mutants really coming into their own again and making bold strides out in the world, seems like it could be a great queer-positive place to make good on all those decades of Kitty subtext, but I’m not sure Gerry Duggan is the writer for that type of book, and I also feel like all that subtext-parsing is probably so limited to queer circles in comics fandom it’s possible none of the major editors or writers of this decade have ever even been aware of it. Is it even talked about much around these parts, with regards to Kitty, or Ororo for that matter? (I’m not saying none of their relationships with men were legitimate or anything, just that that does not seem to be the whole story...)

Edit - no sooner than I post this do I see someone mentioning Mekanix which means uhh maybe I do have some catching up to do on this thread lollll
    Kitty needs to go all girl player and she needs to start going out with Rachel and Illyana and causing drama by dating them both at the same time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post

Kitty‘s queerness and shitty training costume was brought up in roughly every Gold related thread.