Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He said about it on a interview, I can't find the link easy.
    He said he was living through fictional character Scott Summers by having him **** Emma Frost? Please, yes, dig that up.

He said about it on a interview, I can't find the link easy.

Well writers do that all the time. Whedon, Fraction all did it. i don't know why the surprise, sure if it was a girl it would be bad, but a guy get to be a good run and isn't called out on that

sure I'm a hater so I can be objective? LOL
    You can easily tell the people Whedon is living through. Their female partner is always barefoot. Joss is weird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    wow a romance between Scott and Piotr, that's very interesting and possibly fun too!
    LOL, the OP misspoke on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Emma was his third character choice actually, and for the second option there probably wouldn't have been a love triangle or a very different one: he wanted Storm first and was told no because Claremont had dibs, then he wanted Colossus but wasn't allowed to revive him, and ultimately went for Emma.

... that said I'm not 100% where.I heard that.
    I hear something similar. He wanted Storm for the love interest, and Colossus for the organic steel and the role that he would play with that mutation. He ended up giving Emma a second mutation, and combined the two.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And Solicit 2. And the leaked Solicit 3. And the entire character history over the last several years.

The only evidence you have to the contrary is the belief that Hickman doesn't suck as much as editorial does.
    Yeah. Its not people annoyed after one solicit. Its the past few years, and how similar previous solicits have been, and what the result of those issues were.

BANNED

Yeah, this is all fan supposition and wild extrapolation, there's no sourcing. There are extremely clear textual sources we all know well for how Joe fucked up Spider-Man with OMD and added a fanfic insert with doomed new love interest Carlie Cooper. There isn't any with X-Men or Emma and Jean. This page amounts to 'well, he did this here and someone told me he might have done this too.' That's not legitimate at all.

Further, the anti-Peter/MJ vendetta at Marvel actually goes back decades before him - editorial long before Quesada had been trying to undo it for years. He was merely the guy that made it stick. I miss the marriage still. But that's not relevant to X-Men. No one was gunning for Scott and Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah. Its not people annoyed after one solicit. Its the past few years, and how similar previous solicits have been, and what the result of those issues were.
    I'd get that if it was the first or even the twentieth time a solicit has threatened to make Emma go full evil again. But since the '90s it's probably not the fiftieth or the hundredth. Emma is a mainstay now, she's not going anywhere and she is promoted as a key part of this book. And again: the Inhumans are gone. They can't hurt you.

It's one thing to be cautious and wary. I completely get that. It's another to jump to 'Emma is clearly a side character/villain in this book I have not read yet.' Sorry, that's horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Yeah, this is all fan supposition and wild extrapolation, there's no sourcing. There are extremely clear textual sources we all know well for how Joe fucked up Spider-Man with OMD and added a fanfic insert with doomed new love interest Carlie Cooper. There isn't any with X-Men or Emma and Jean. This page amounts to 'well, he did this here and someone told me he might have done this too.' That's not legitimate at all.

Further, the anti-Peter/MJ vendetta at Marvel actually goes back decades before him - editorial long before Quesada had been trying to undo it for years. He was merely the guy that made it stick. I miss the marriage still. But that's not relevant to X-Men. No one was gunning for Scott and Jean.
    did I misunderstand, did you say there is no fanfic with Emma and Jean, I'll have you know there most definitely is and I have read every one, even the badly written ones. Haha, my favorite ship in the whole world, Emma Frost and Jean Grey!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    did I misunderstand, did you say there is no fanfic with Emma and Jean, I'll have you know there most definitely is and I have read every one, even the badly written ones. Haha, my favorite ship in the whole world, Emma Frost and Jean Grey!
    Page 17: 'Jean failed to reckon with the fact that Emma can't be penetrated in diamond form.'

So you think it is a wild and pure coincidence that Quesada, going through a horrible marriage and divorce, takes over and suddenly three of the longest tenured marriages in all of Marvel are killed in horrific and brutal fashion? With him ON RECORD saying marriages make comic characters worse. Okay then.

Kitty is straight! I love Claremont but he says a lot. He also planned to put Kitty with Gambit at one time.

He said he was living through fictional character Scott Summers by having him **** Emma Frost? Please, yes, dig that up.
    As he was going to say it with this words. But he was definately living as Scott summers, he was depressed? Scott was also depressed? he was dating a blond woman, scott was also dating a blond woman

You can easily tell the people Whedon is living through. Their female partner is always barefoot. Joss is weird.
    barefoot and cheating.

BANNED

As he was going to say it with this words. But he was definately living as Scott summers
    Okay, show me your source.

I'd get that if it was the first or even the twentieth time a solicit has threatened to make Emma go full evil again. But since the '90s it's probably not the fiftieth or the hundredth. Emma is a mainstay now, she's not going anywhere and she is promoted as a key part of this book. And again: the Inhumans are gone. They can't hurt you.

It's one thing to be cautious and wary. I completely get that. It's another to jump to 'Emma is clearly a side character/villain in this book I have not read yet.' Sorry, that's horseshit.
    They've been going on this path since DoX/IvX, even after the Inhumans weren't an issue. I'm at a point where I'm going to assume the book paints her horribly until its shown that it won't.

Okay, show me your source.
    why don't you google it then?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    They've been going on this path since DoX/IvX, even after the Inhumans weren't an issue. I'm at a point where I'm going to assume the book paints her horribly until its shown that it won't.
    Exactly this. All those times in the 00s where they threatened her going evil? They didn't have her working with Miss Sinister and Bastion, or torturing Scott.