Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'd honestly like to have sympathy for Storm as a character, but then I remember her throwing shade at suicidal-depressive Cyclops at every turn post-AvX or trying to guilt him even further. And then her trying to judge him for his actions before Second Coming while she was high and mighty in Wakanda. And all I can think about is "damn, Emma or whoever is definitely not giving Storm enough crap for the stuff she said in the past".

I do, however, empathize with the feelings a fan could have. Nobody should have to see a consistently bad portrayal of their favorite.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You're consistently angry over an event that occurred... five YEARS before I was born. February, 1981.

38 years ago.

In that time...

Charles Xavier has died four times
    Cyclops has died three times
    Storm has died twice
    Jean Grey has died 43 times
    Kitty Pryde died, came back, was shot into space, came back.
    Nightcrawler has died three times.
    Cable has died five times.
    Magneto swapped teams approximately eight times, give or take.
    Wakanda has been destroyed four times.
    Atlantis destroyed three times.
    Iron Man killed seven times.

And of that time... Emma was a villain for 12 years. And a hero (who saved Storm's life at least twice) for 26.

Just saying.
    I'm sorry what do these deaths have to do with anything. Ororo told Emma she committed an unforgivable sin. That is the part that you are missing. no matter the time passed or the effort she has made to be a hero she wont be and should not be forgiven, especially when the times ororo has trusted her it has come back to bite ororo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'd honestly like to have sympathy for Storm as a character, but then I remember her throwing shade at suicidal-depressive Cyclops at every turn post-AvX or trying to guilt him even further. And then her trying to judge him for his actions before Second Coming while she was high and mighty in Wakanda. And all I can think about is "damn, Emma or whoever is definitely not giving Storm enough crap for the stuff she said in the past".

I do, however, empathize with the feelings a fan could have. Nobody should have to see a consistently bad portrayal of their favorite.
    no no no!!!!! it's not bad portrayal. we all need to wait and see what happens because the xoffices has a great record of depicting storm accurately based upon some of the big stories we've read such as ivx and we cant forget gold!!!

but let me stop. for those who are excited I hope this book is everything these fans are looking for. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. the xmen need a return to prominence.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I trust Duggan. I don't think he'd have them on the team with no repercussions: in fact the only member that should remotely trust Emma is Bobby.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You're consistently angry over an event that occurred... five YEARS before I was born. February, 1981.

38 years ago.

In that time...

Charles Xavier has died four times
    Cyclops has died three times
    Storm has died twice
    Jean Grey has died 43 times
    Kitty Pryde died, came back, was shot into space, came back.
    Nightcrawler has died three times.
    Cable has died five times.
    Magneto swapped teams approximately eight times, give or take.
    Wakanda has been destroyed four times.
    Atlantis destroyed three times.
    Iron Man killed seven times.

And of that time... Emma was a villain for 12 years. And a hero (who saved Storm's life at least twice) for 26.

Just saying.
    Better just say nothing matters, continuity doesn't matter. Everyone gotta be friendly on the end

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Better just say nothing matters, continuity doesn't matter. Everyone gotta be friendly on the end
    You know what, I hope Emma personally saves Jean and Scott from being killed in the HoX/PoX event, I want her to lay her life down for them. Let her be badly injured saving Jean and Scott. I hope they do that in the event.

BANNED

When I first saw the lineup, I was excited because of Storm and Bishop. Then I noticed Kitty and Emma. They should be some bad blood or at least some bruises between the three of them. Then as I thought about it more I got a bit apprehensive seeing as this is coming not too long after X-men Gold. That series was horrible for Storm, and I think it caused some fractures in Kitty and Storm’s relationship from both ends. Emma tension was bound to be fun across the board. But I can’t get over the taste gold in my mouth. Then a dear friend suggested that I read Duggan’s Uncanny Avengers. That was it. Mind blown and now I’m totally onboard with this series. I think he’ll make great use of the character tension between these strong personalities.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think this is a good line-up Storm, Iceman, and Bishop all OG Gold Team members. Add Kitty and a always controversial Emma to the team we have a group of very strong willed people that may cause lots of friction. AS for the premise i'm wondering how much time will be invested in them being "Pirates" Hopefully we get some fun and exotic locations. This Title does not have the traditional X moniker in it's name so i hope it gets good promotion as a X-book. I agree with others Night Crawler would have been a great addition or Banshee.

Astonishing Member

What really interests me about this line up is that there's 3 element-manipulators. I think that nature and the environment are gonna play a role somehow and in those instances where it's center stage I expect Storm or Iceman to get highlighted. There's nothing inherently wrong with Kitty leading because she's been in the game a long time, it's just she needs to be written as someone who knows how to delegate and doesn't completely overshadow everyone else 24/7. As much as I would've liked to see Storm or Emma leading, there are more ways to get focus so I'm tentatively sure everyone will get their due as far as character arcs, feats, and relationship building. An added plus would be for the progress they've seen in other books either being recognized or at the very least not outright contradicted.

I'd rather do as if the Bobby and Ororo of "Wolverine and the X-Men" and Bendis didn't exist, it's the best. Storm was written in a terrible way. She launching a suicide attack on Mallory can be the stupidest thing they have done, totally OOCs

Idk I know it came across as harsh sometimes but I also think it came across as very real. Scott may not have had direct intention of killing Xavier but he still publicly murdered the only real mentor and father figure she’d known since childhood. I think it’s a testament to the fact that she’s still human, despite her power and nobility and even with the rationale that Scott was “under the influence” it wouldn’t make it any less jagged a pill to swallow. A morose but appropriate comparison to me would be if one of your siblings was driving drunk with your parent in the car and got into an accident that was fatal to your mom/dad but survived themselves. Of course your rational brain would tell you that it was not intentional, they’re probably beating themself up about it, and as a sibling you should have their back but you can’t tell me you wouldn’t go TF off on them and probably take years to actually forgive them. That’s how I see it at least. She loves Scott, he’s like a brother to her, but seeing the result of his grandiose plans end in misery, destruction, and the death of their “father” would make anyone feel a type of way towards someone. That’s why I don’t blame Ororo, Beast, Hank, Logan or anyone for their reaction towards Scott. Maybe not their most “virtuous” moments but I’ll be damned if it wasn’t a realistic portrayal of emotional complexity after tragic events.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 07-24-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    What really interests me about this line up is that there's 3 element-manipulators. I think that nature and the environment are gonna play a role somehow and in those instances where it's center stage I expect Storm or Iceman to get highlighted. There's nothing inherently wrong with Kitty leading because she's been in the game a long time, it's just she needs to be written as someone who knows how to delegate and doesn't completely overshadow everyone else 24/7. As much as I would've liked to see Storm or Emma leading, there are more ways to get focus so I'm tentatively sure everyone will get their due as far as character arcs, feats, and relationship building. An added plus would be for the progress they've seen in other books either being recognized or at the very least not outright contradicted.

This plus them being on the open seas a lot gives me this impression too! I hope to the Goddess that it’s true, because this has the potential to be such an amazing book imo.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Idk I know it came across as harsh sometimes but I also think it came across as very real. Scott may not have had direct intention of killing Xavier but he still publicly murdered the only real mentor and father figure she’d known since childhood. I think it’s a testament to the fact that she’s still human, despite her power and nobility and even with the rationale that Scott was “under the influence” it wouldn’t make it any less jagged a pill to swallow. A morose but appropriate comparison to me would be if one of your siblings was driving drunk with your parent in the car and got into an accident that was fatal to your mom/dad but survived themselves. Of course your rational brain would tell you that it was not intentional, they’re probably beating themself up about it, and as a sibling you should have their back but you can’t tell me you wouldn’t go TF off on them and probably take years to actually forgive them. That’s how I see it at least. She loves Scott, he’s like a brother to her, but seeing the result of his grandiose plans end in misery, destruction, and the death of their “father” would make anyone feel a type of way towards someone. That’s why I don’t blame Ororo, Beast, Hank, Logan or anyone for their reaction towards Scott. Maybe not their most “virtuous” moments but I’ll be damned if it wasn’t a realistic portrayal of emotional complexity after tragic events.
    But Scott didn't seek the Phoenix, it was forced into him after Stark shot it. In your drunken driving analogy, Scott didn't drink too much, someone put some drug in it.

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Kitty's costume looks horrible here.

I like Storm's costume but that oversized X on the stomach GOT to go!