Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 723
  1. #286

    Default

    Gah. This series is a hard pass for me. There's only one "pirate" I adore and he's MIA.

    Pirate.jpg

  2. #287
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    It's even stranger that they're going to be voyaging around the world on a boat now that we know more about the Krakoa habitats and embassies

  3. #288
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    292

    Default

    October solicits seem to confirm this is original Pyro and not Guggenheim oc.

  4. #289
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Kitty's costume looks horrible here.

    I like Storm's costume but that oversized X on the stomach GOT to go!
    Haha, Kitty is the one person on the team that thinks them being called pirates is awesome so she is dressing a little bit like a pirate. She just can't make it happen for the rest of the team. Bishop just gives her a look like she's crazy if she thinks he would ever dress as a pirate. Emma and Storm roll their eyes at her. Bobby just laughs and thinks it was a joke. Pyro is like Bishop and wonders why they are following this silly girl who wants to dress like a pirate.

  5. #290
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Thicc Bishop

    This cover makes me want to buy the book

  6. #291
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,280

    Default

    I miss Star-Lord Kitty.
    "Cable was right!"

  7. #292
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,568

    Default

    The Emma variant isn't that nice

  8. #293
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Emma variant isn't that nice
    Yeah, too many artists want to draw Emma in the same costume she wore as white queen in the 70's and 80's. I prefer her Gen X style and I think the debut cover was more that style. I don't mind Emma's current White Queen/Black King variation outfit, but I think I still prefer her Gen X look.

    I wouldn't mind a variant that shows her at a desk dressed as the CEO of a company, they could have a stylized sign in the background that says Hellfire Trading Company (division of Frost International). Emma can look sexy and still be dressed as a business woman.

  9. #294
    Amazing Member KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    I love the line-up. I like Kitty, Ororo, Emma and Bobby. Interactions between Kitty and Emma are always fun. I am not a fan of Bishop or Pyro, but I don't mind them either.

    I also love that Kitty is the leader of the team. Kitty is no longer a teenager. She is a veteran X-Men and hero and it makes sense that she can lead a team.
    PLUS ULTRA!

  10. #295
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,074

    Default

    I think people's problem with Kitty as leader is that she's leading Ororo and Emma and has ultimately been peoples' least favorite X-Men leader of the last era. I think Duggan can and will writer her well, but... Yeah.

    Also I kind of wish she got a new Shadowcat redesign like Jubilee and Rictor got new redesigns for Excalibur and the whole New Mutants team sans Magik did.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  11. #296
    Amazing Member KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think people's problem with Kitty as leader is that she's leading Ororo and Emma and has ultimately been peoples' least favorite X-Men leader of the last era. I think Duggan can and will writer her well, but... Yeah.

    Also I kind of wish she got a new Shadowcat redesign like Jubilee and Rictor got new redesigns for Excalibur and the whole New Mutants team sans Magik did.
    I think Kitty can be just as much of a leader as those two. And I think Ororo as least would not mind and would even welcome being lead by Kitty. A character shouldn't be judged on if they would make a good leader by one book. Duggan is a great writer and I think we will write her as a leader well.
    PLUS ULTRA!

  12. #297
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think people's problem with Kitty as leader is that she's leading Ororo and Emma and has ultimately been peoples' least favorite X-Men leader of the last era. I think Duggan can and will writer her well, but... Yeah.

    Also I kind of wish she got a new Shadowcat redesign like Jubilee and Rictor got new redesigns for Excalibur and the whole New Mutants team sans Magik did.
    haha, I just want to see the conversation where Kitty tries to convince her team to dress like pirates, that will be the best.

  13. #298
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I think Kitty can be just as much of a leader as those two. And I think Ororo as least would not mind and would even welcome being lead by Kitty. A character shouldn't be judged on if they would make a good leader by one book. Duggan is a great writer and I think we will write her as a leader well.
    From Emma's perspective she may not want to be leader either, she might prefer to stay focused on the financial aspects of what they are doing. I know Emma won't be able to avoid being involved in field operations, I think she is going to be pretty busy running her Company/Companies. It sounds like Emma is one of the biggest financiers of their new nation so I can imagine she is running a pretty big company.

  14. #299
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I think Kitty can be just as much of a leader as those two. And I think Ororo as least would not mind and would even welcome being lead by Kitty. A character shouldn't be judged on if they would make a good leader by one book. Duggan is a great writer and I think we will write her as a leader well.
    No, I agree with that - Kitty should be a good, competent, and well written leader. But she reached her saturation point - badly - as a result of what Guggenheim did and in turn people wanted a little break from Kitty leading. At the same time, people have been wanting Ororo to have an increased presence lately, and to go back to leading the team. It would have been a decent compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    haha, I just want to see the conversation where Kitty tries to convince her team to dress like pirates, that will be the best.
    I think Bobby and St John would be into it haha.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  15. #300
    Amazing Member KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    From Emma's perspective she may not want to be leader either, she might prefer to stay focused on the financial aspects of what they are doing. I know Emma won't be able to avoid being involved in field operations, I think she is going to be pretty busy running her Company/Companies. It sounds like Emma is one of the biggest financiers of their new nation so I can imagine she is running a pretty big company.
    I did not think of this. This is a good point.
    PLUS ULTRA!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •