Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Gah. This series is a hard pass for me. There's only one "pirate" I adore and he's MIA.

Pirate.jpg

It's even stranger that they're going to be voyaging around the world on a boat now that we know more about the Krakoa habitats and embassies

BANNED

October solicits seem to confirm this is original Pyro and not Guggenheim oc.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Kitty's costume looks horrible here.

I like Storm's costume but that oversized X on the stomach GOT to go!
    Haha, Kitty is the one person on the team that thinks them being called pirates is awesome so she is dressing a little bit like a pirate. She just can't make it happen for the rest of the team. Bishop just gives her a look like she's crazy if she thinks he would ever dress as a pirate. Emma and Storm roll their eyes at her. Bobby just laughs and thinks it was a joke. Pyro is like Bishop and wonders why they are following this silly girl who wants to dress like a pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Thicc Bishop

This cover makes me want to buy the book

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I miss Star-Lord Kitty.
    "Cable was right!"

The Emma variant isn't that nice

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Emma variant isn't that nice
    Yeah, too many artists want to draw Emma in the same costume she wore as white queen in the 70's and 80's. I prefer her Gen X style and I think the debut cover was more that style. I don't mind Emma's current White Queen/Black King variation outfit, but I think I still prefer her Gen X look.

I wouldn't mind a variant that shows her at a desk dressed as the CEO of a company, they could have a stylized sign in the background that says Hellfire Trading Company (division of Frost International). Emma can look sexy and still be dressed as a business woman.

I love the line-up. I like Kitty, Ororo, Emma and Bobby. Interactions between Kitty and Emma are always fun. I am not a fan of Bishop or Pyro, but I don't mind them either.

I also love that Kitty is the leader of the team. Kitty is no longer a teenager. She is a veteran X-Men and hero and it makes sense that she can lead a team.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think people's problem with Kitty as leader is that she's leading Ororo and Emma and has ultimately been peoples' least favorite X-Men leader of the last era. I think Duggan can and will writer her well, but... Yeah.

Also I kind of wish she got a new Shadowcat redesign like Jubilee and Rictor got new redesigns for Excalibur and the whole New Mutants team sans Magik did.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think people's problem with Kitty as leader is that she's leading Ororo and Emma and has ultimately been peoples' least favorite X-Men leader of the last era. I think Duggan can and will writer her well, but... Yeah.

Also I kind of wish she got a new Shadowcat redesign like Jubilee and Rictor got new redesigns for Excalibur and the whole New Mutants team sans Magik did.
    I think Kitty can be just as much of a leader as those two. And I think Ororo as least would not mind and would even welcome being lead by Kitty. A character shouldn't be judged on if they would make a good leader by one book. Duggan is a great writer and I think we will write her as a leader well.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

haha, I just want to see the conversation where Kitty tries to convince her team to dress like pirates, that will be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I think Kitty can be just as much of a leader as those two. And I think Ororo as least would not mind and would even welcome being lead by Kitty. A character shouldn't be judged on if they would make a good leader by one book. Duggan is a great writer and I think we will write her as a leader well.
    From Emma's perspective she may not want to be leader either, she might prefer to stay focused on the financial aspects of what they are doing. I know Emma won't be able to avoid being involved in field operations, I think she is going to be pretty busy running her Company/Companies. It sounds like Emma is one of the biggest financiers of their new nation so I can imagine she is running a pretty big company.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    No, I agree with that - Kitty should be a good, competent, and well written leader. But she reached her saturation point - badly - as a result of what Guggenheim did and in turn people wanted a little break from Kitty leading. At the same time, people have been wanting Ororo to have an increased presence lately, and to go back to leading the team. It would have been a decent compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    haha, I just want to see the conversation where Kitty tries to convince her team to dress like pirates, that will be the best.
    I think Bobby and St John would be into it haha.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    From Emma's perspective she may not want to be leader either, she might prefer to stay focused on the financial aspects of what they are doing. I know Emma won't be able to avoid being involved in field operations, I think she is going to be pretty busy running her Company/Companies. It sounds like Emma is one of the biggest financiers of their new nation so I can imagine she is running a pretty big company.
    I did not think of this. This is a good point.