Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No, I agree with that - Kitty should be a good, competent, and well written leader. But she reached her saturation point - badly - as a result of what Guggenheim did and in turn people wanted a little break from Kitty leading. At the same time, people have been wanting Ororo to have an increased presence lately, and to go back to leading the team. It would have been a decent compromise.
    X-Men Gold ended last September. And I think with a good enough writer, Kitty leading will not be an issue.

By people, I think you mostly mean Storm's insane cult-like fan base. And I don't mind not giving them what they want.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    X-Men Gold ended last September. And I think with a good enough writer, Kitty leading will not be an issue.

By people, I think you mostly mean Storm's insane cult-like fan base. And I don't mind not giving them what they want.
    No. I don't just mean Storm's "insane cult-like fan base." I mean basically anyone that was reading the X-Books during the X-Men Gold era and, frankly, the books since even before then. People have wanted Storm to return to prominence for a long time now.

I don't think that Kitty will do badly under Gerry Duggan. But Kitty needed to take a break from leadership and being the central focus - which she was in both Disassembled and Age of X-Men: Apocalypse and the X-Tracts.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

No. I don't just mean Storm's "insane cult-like fan base." I mean basically anyone that was reading the X-Books during the X-Men Gold era and, frankly, the books since even before then. People have wanted Storm to return to prominence for a long time now.

I don't think that Kitty will do badly under Gerry Duggan. But Kitty needed to take a break from leadership and being the central focus - which she was in both Disassembled and Age of X-Men: Apocalypse and the X-Tracts.
    I was reading the X-books during the Colour book era and I and many others were fine with Storm not being the leader. I, personally, was happy that they took a shot on a leader that was not Storm or Cyclops.

Kitty does not need to do anything. As I said, she has not been a leader in an X-Book for 8 months worth of books and with a good writer, she will make a good leader.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

How was Kitty the focus in Disassembled and AoXM which both humiliated her in favor of Jean (see the issues where she was willing to sacrifice the NXM and the Omega where she wanted to stay in the AoXM to be with Colossus)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Haha, Kitty is the one person on the team that thinks them being called pirates is awesome so she is dressing a little bit like a pirate. She just can't make it happen for the rest of the team. Bishop just gives her a look like she's crazy if she thinks he would ever dress as a pirate. Emma and Storm roll their eyes at her. Bobby just laughs and thinks it was a joke. Pyro is like Bishop and wonders why they are following this silly girl who wants to dress like a pirate.
    It’s certainly.... interesting how you shill whichever character you are posting about in whatever topic. Kitty is never going to be some Horseman lmao

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    How was Kitty the focus in Disassembled and AoXM which both humiliated her in favor of Jean (see the issues where she was willing to sacrifice the NXM and the Omega where she wanted to stay in the AoXM to be with Colossus)
    She was a focus in Disassembled, just like Jean and Armor were. She was also the main character of X-Tracts.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

She was a focus in Disassembled, just like Jean and Armor were. She was also the main character of X-Tracts.
    X-Tracts and Omega existed to demean her as a clueless floozy who just wanted a good ****. The writer even admitted he had no idea Kittylosssus had detractors. I’m glad Duggan ignored that self-insert nonsense and put her on a team with powerful women.

In Disassembled she didn’t even give a **** when Judaism was erased from the world. Those fanfic writers should be ashamed of themselves.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

I like Storm. I think she can serve faithfully as a secondary leader or counsel to an X-team.

However, if she is on a team with anyone other than Cyclops she should be regarded as the next best thing.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Emma Frost variant wasn't that good? Are you people going blind?

MARAUDERS2019001-Tan-cov.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

The artwork is nice but it's nothing special. Just looks like a T&A pic with no personality. Like one of those swimsuit pin up issues.

As for the team i'm even more excited after House of X as a said before. This team will have the biggest target on it's back in the MU and probably go the hardest.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Pretty colours, but it's like we're stuck in the 90s.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Tan's art works for weird alien people like in the Black Order book
    Not so much for humans these days

Yeah it's pretty awful
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It’s certainly.... interesting how you shill whichever character you are posting about in whatever topic. Kitty is never going to be some Horseman lmao
    I don't dislike very many X-characters. I feel like Logan is overexposed as a character, but I still like a good Wolverine story if it's written well.

But my favourites are Rachel, Emma, Jean, Orroro, Scott, Kitty, Illyana, and Elizabeth. Those are the characters I post about the most in no particular order. I started reading with Excalibur v1 so my favourites all originated from that series. I like the original cast of that book but I mostly follow Rachel and Kitty, and just stay aware of what's happening for Kurt, Megan, and Brian.

The next big book for me after starting to get in X-Men with Excalibur, was Generation X, hence why I am a big fan of Emma. That's also the reason why I don't care who Scott dates, because I like Emma and Jean individually so I am ok with neither of them dating or being connected to an ongoing ship.

Since I like Emma, Kitty, and Storm, this book will be on my pick list for sure. Just like X-Men, X-Force, and Excalibur will be as well. I am on the fence about Fallen Angels.

You will also catch me posting in other areas because I like Jessica Cruz (Green Lantern), Helena Bertinelli (Huntress), Selina Kyle (Catwoman), Felicia Hardy (Black Cat), Kate Kane (Batwoman), and Barbara Gorden (Batgirl).

I don't buy any non X-books lately, I usually just wait to read most of any non X-book stuff on Marvel Unlimited and pick up the collections of certain DC characters on Kindle when they are on sale.

I think people's problem with Kitty as leader is that she's leading Ororo and Emma and has ultimately been peoples' least favorite X-Men leader of the last era. I think Duggan can and will writer her well, but... Yeah.

Also I kind of wish she got a new Shadowcat redesign like Jubilee and Rictor got new redesigns for Excalibur and the whole New Mutants team sans Magik did.
    This...right...here.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.