Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 723
  1. #316
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This...right...here.
    I figure Emma is a bit busy running the Hellfire Trading Company and may not want to lead this team. It's kind of like the olden days when the investor sometimes came on the ship with the Captain and Crew but they weren't in charge, and sometimes they just sent a representative for their interests.

    As for Storm, perhaps she wants to encourage Kitty to continue leading. She has always been a mother figure for Kate, so perhaps this is just Storm's choice to help Kate grow more confident as a leader. It's possible that Storm has other reasons for not being in charge, she may be the representative for the Krakoan government as well, maybe she is trade minister of their new nation. Storm may be an ambassador and the one that has the authority to negotiate treaties with other countries.

  2. #317

    Default

    If the mutant nation wants to strong-arm the rest of the world into recognizing their sovereignty and whatever other demands they have, Storm should be at the forefront of this initiative, not playing pirate behind Kitty and Emma.


    Want to not have climate change destroy your crops, starve your populations, and flood your coasts?

    Bend the knee.


    Storm:Goddess of Earth.

    goddessstorm.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  3. #318
    Incredible Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If the mutant nation wants to strong-arm the rest of the world into recognizing their sovereignty and whatever other demands they have, Storm should be at the forefront of this initiative, not playing pirate behind Kitty and Emma.


    Want to not have climate change destroy your crops, starve your populations, and flood your coasts?

    Bend the knee.


    Storm:Goddess of Earth.

    goddessstorm.jpg

    Lol you know Ororo would never spearhead any initiative that required her to starve the countries of Earth. Not unless she was being controlled by someone. Although I do love me a good Goddess Storm!

  4. #319
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Emma Frost variant wasn't that good? Are you people going blind?

    Attachment 85072
    It's not great. Looks like Nightcrawler is trying to grab her boob

  5. #320
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,100

    Default

    Dem proportions doe.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  6. #321
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Her arm is not attached if thats even her arm

  7. #322
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Her arm is not attached if thats even her arm
    It's clearly a reference to Gillen's run when Emma's arm got cut off.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  8. #323
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    On the open seas, Krakoa flowers cannot take root.

  9. #324
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    On the open seas, Krakoa flowers cannot take root.
    Pirates of black water. Maybe they're going around dropping the flowers into polluted water.

  10. #325
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Pirates of black water. Maybe they're going around dropping the flowers into polluted water.
    i heard there was going to be a netflix remake by the people that did voltron and she-ra. im READY

    but seriously. the whole notion of X-Men on boats seemed really really off, you know, and i've been wracking my brain why. What benefit would there be to operating out of a ship rather than some solid terrain? It's gota be the fact that krakoa habitats cannot be built.

  11. #326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Lol you know Ororo would never spearhead any initiative that required her to starve the countries of Earth. Not unless she was being controlled by someone. Although I do love me a good Goddess Storm!
    It's not her starving them, it's just her not helping fix their already fucked up weather.



    I loved me some All-Mother Storm, though! For real, though, I do think, in the right setup, Ororo is pragmatic enough to do whatever is necessary to complete her objective. I'd love to see her take the global oil industrialists and bankers to task for their destruction of the planet. In the right story, Storm could easily be cast in an eco-'terrorist' role like Namor often is(which Fearless did in a tiny way just yesterday). In fact, I've long been an advocate for the two of them teaming up to institute global change overnight. The fact that Hickman is approaching that level of storytelling right now is exciting. I just hope he uses Storm accordingly.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-25-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  12. #327
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Eco-terrorist Storm would be the absolute tits!

  13. #328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Eco-terrorist Storm would be the absolute tits!
    It's the obvious, modern, angle to take with her. I'd love a solo series in that vein. Storm vs. climate change/the military industrial complex! All the way from helping farmers and natural disaster migrants, to stopping chainsaws in the rain-forest, cleaning oil spills in the bay and saving dolphins, stopping pipelines being built over rivers, to engaging the military guarding refineries in the Middle East, vs. Texas lobbyist in Washington DC, chemical engineers in their secret Antarctica labs, and the billionaire industrialists and money managers in their child slave [Hellfire Club] penthouses. It would be rad. But Marvel is owned by this guy so stuff like that would never happen.

    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  14. #329
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    But Marvel is owned by this guy so stuff like that would never happen.
    I'm pretty sure that this guy hasn't read 20 pages ever since he bought the company.

  15. #330
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's the obvious, modern, angle to take with her. I'd love a solo series in that vein. Storm vs. climate change/the military industrial complex! All the way from helping farmers and natural disaster migrants, to stopping chainsaws in the rain-forest, cleaning oil spills in the bay and saving dolphins, stopping pipelines being built over rivers, to engaging the military guarding refineries in the Middle East, vs. Texas lobbyist in Washington DC, chemical engineers in their secret Antarctica labs, and the billionaire industrialists and money managers in their child slave [Hellfire Club] penthouses. It would be rad. But Marvel is owned by this guy so stuff like that would never happen.

    What's crazy about this is, it feels like this is the direction Greg Pak was trying to push her into. Davis Harmon was the catalyst. The big altercations with him always showed Storm as a big eco threat. I feel like we were much closer to this version of Storm than we even knew.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •