Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

I hope Pyro is this team's Captain Boomerang and Kitty's the Amanda Waller and they throw hands a couple times.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I hope Pyro is this team's Captain Boomerang and Kitty's the Amanda Waller and they throw hands a couple times.
    Can we get big legend Kitty Pryde? We stan.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Shadowcat name and updated costume would be perfect for a pirate book. We'd forget all about Gold if we got this!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The Shadowcat name and updated costume would be perfect for a pirate book. We'd forget all about Gold if we got this!
    We were never going to get the Shadowcat costume back because JDW hates it. The Cassaday/Immonen redesign of the training uniform is the best we’re going to get (although Lolli is keeping the silly pirate boots from Gold which I guess are appropriate now).

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    This looks like Lenil Francis Yu art, so I think it's probably from the main title?
    yeah this is def from, the main title which is why I didnt initially include it in the post
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Mighty Member

Really looking forward to this. Bit concerned about Kitty being leader and if Storm will get the spotlight she deserves, but so far this does feel like an era where multiple characters can be BIG within one book.

BANNED

1. What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

I'm mostly here for it. I'm so done with Kitty though, and to have her on the team, and as the leader too, does bring down the roster for me. For everyone else, I love the character dynamics in place. Ororo & Emma. Ororo & Bishop. Bobby & Pyro. Bobby & Emma. Such rich interactions and a shared history that will surely lead to more fruitful stories. A lot of very strong and individualized personalities that I hope all get their own time to shine.

I love that between Bobby, Ororo & St John we've got some elemental powerhouses. Surely we're gonna get some brilliant displays of power on that front.

If I were to sub out Kitty for someone else, I would bring in Northstar, Banshee, Frenzy, Shatterstar or Armor. Jean-Paul, Bobby & Emma would be a sassy trio to root for. Sean & Emma absolutely deserve a reunion and I would LOVE for them to be a power couple. Joanna is a badass and needs to be on an X-Team. Shatterstar would be well-suited for the piracy. And Hisako has proven herself worthy of being on the frontlines too- not to mention that she has a history with Ororo & Emma.

2. What do you think so far about the concept for Marauders? Who do you think is leader "Kate" Pryde is the "Captain" but Emma Frost is funding it?

It's hard to accept Kitty as the team leader when every other team member sans Pyro would be a better fit for the job. I do love the idea of the Marauders being on the high seas though. Emma being involved in a behind-the-scenes role is watching. I do wonder how often she'll actually be on the boat or in-action.

3. What do you know about creative team?

I've really liked some of Duggan's Avengers stuff. Everything else is kinda spotty, though that may be more up to the other characters hes written or concept rather than the writing quality itself being poor. I feel like Lolli's art is gonna fit perfectly too.

4. Pyro??? Which one is he?

Everything points to it being St John rather than Simon. Which does make me wonder where Simon is. Probably on Krakoa right?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    let loa boom-boom and shark girl be pirates yeeeeeeeeehaw wait a second sorry yooooooooooho
    Yoo they would be so much fun.

Wow! I love the look of it so far! Can't wait for this books. It's my second most wanted after Excalibur!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Isn't Pyro confirmed to be gay? Does anyone else expect a rivalry that turns into a relationship too?

Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-31-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Considering it's canon that the X-Men were founded 10 years ago how old would that make Kitty? Judging from the flashback page for X-Men Cyclops looks to be around 15/16 which would make him around 26 at the most. Could explain why Kitty looks younger in Marauders I'm guessing she's probably about 21-23 there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    We were never going to get the Shadowcat costume back because JDW hates it. The Cassaday/Immonen redesign of the training uniform is the best we’re going to get (although Lolli is keeping the silly pirate boots from Gold which I guess are appropriate now).
    I didn't know he hated the Shadowcat stuff. So he loved Excalibur but hated Shadowcat?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Considering it's canon that the X-Men were founded 10 years ago how old would that make Kitty? Judging from the flashback page for X-Men Cyclops looks to be around 15/16 which would make him around 26 at the most. Could explain why Kitty looks younger in Marauders I'm guessing she's probably about 21-23 there.
    If it has only been 10 years since 1963 for these characters, and Kitty was introduced in 1980 at 13.5 years old, every 5.6 real years equals 1 X-Men year, and Kitty is now about 20.5.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If it has only been 10 years since 1963 for these characters, and Kitty was introduced in 1980 at 13.5 years old, every 5.6 real years equals 1 X-Men year, and Kitty is now about 20.5.
    Even better!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I didn't know he hated the Shadowcat stuff. So he loved Excalibur but hated Shadowcat?
    Just the costume. He said it was dated and wouldn’t work today.