Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm no great fan of Bishop, but can we stop with the character bashing for a bit?
    Eh, sure, mate. Stopping it for real, actually. Just needed to get the joke out of my head, since I was re-reading UXF recentely and thought Fantomex could actually fit this team, since Excalibur took our boy Gambit. As far as I'm concerned, Bishop is fine and the Messiah story is irrelevant to what/where the character is today.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Eh, sure, mate. Stopping it for real, actually. Just needed to get the joke out of my head, since I was re-reading UXF recentely and thought Fantomex could actually fit this team, since Excalibur took our boy Gambit. As far as I'm concerned, Bishop is fine and the Messiah story is irrelevant to what/where the character is today.
    Wasn't necessarily directed at just you. The forum is fairly contentious today.

BANNED

Wasn't necessarily directed at just you. The forum is fairly contentious today.
    I wish it was just today, for real.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I wish it was just today, for real.
    Eh I blame it on the weekend and that our more notorious posters (myself included) are the ones here while the peacemakers aren't.

Eh I blame it on the weekend and that our more notorious posters (myself included) are the ones here while the peacemakers aren't.
    Everyone just needs a hug

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Everyone just needs a hug
    Probably. Good to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    how did bishop even get back to bunking with the xmen? Cant tell if i missed something big or just clumsy writing
    Clumsy writing...Bishop came back from the future where he had joined Religious order that fights Revenants ...While in order that kill that Mummudrai/Revenants one took him over came back to past.... Psylocke,Storm,Puck,Spiral X-force got the Demon bear/Owl revenant removed from him and along his obsession/crazy with Hope removed ..Saved Hope from Stryfe.. Sat on sidelines for couple years.. Psylocke call out to bunch of X-men when dealing with Shadow King. Bishop was among that group. Working with the X-men since.

Some fans won't let the past go and since Bishop isn't named Cyclops or Jean it isn't a priority for Marvel to soon as possible go out of their way retcon away horrible stories like being a deadbeat who leaves his wife and son for his resurrected lover or killing billion as space bird entity. It will get touched and fixed at some point but until then Bishop will find stuff do
    Attached Images Attached Images

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

You know it's almost like Cyclops leaving Madelyne and the Dark Phoenix Saga happened forty years ago and Bishop was only a genocidal maniac less than ten years ago or something.

Give it time. People will get over it eventually - or not, since there will always be the ones like you that bring up every single wrongdoing that a character does.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    You know it's almost like Cyclops leaving Madelyne and the Dark Phoenix Saga happened forty years ago and Bishop was only a genocidal maniac less than ten years ago or something.

Give it time. People will get over it eventually - or not, since there will always be the ones like you that bring up every single wrongdoing that a character does.
    Did I real need to pick something recent? Okay.Cyclops killing Xavier, Cyclops turning world against mutants with aggressive tactics, Jean outing Iceman against his will, Jean being invasive and creepy in red to soldiers etc. I wasn't really taking shots at Jean and Cyclops,It is just that if they and some of the other bigger names do something messed up. It is priority to fix them other characters don't get luxury. Those stories I mention where clean cut retcon to erase character assassination or bad stories.

I understand it is the nature of forums. But a simple "Bishop is going to shafted and won't get anything to do in this book" and "Bishop has ever work with Kitty" turns into Bishop is "genocidal maniac". I mean I can just focus on the positive stuff but same people on forums take their shots over and over.

Anyways yes Bishop has work with Kitty in the Iceman solo run and disassembled. So yeah Bishop has worked with Kitty before .To me it seems like Bishop had a respect for Kitty as leader and he sort felt like an sergeant at arms for Kitty.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-26-2019 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Did I real need to pick something recent? Okay.Cyclops killing Xavier, Cyclops turning world against mutants with aggressive tactics, Jean outing Iceman against his will, Jean being invasive and creepy in red to soldiers etc. I wasn't really taking shots at Jean and Cyclops,It is just that if they and some of the other bigger names do something messed up. It is priority to fix them other characters don't get luxury. Those stories I mention where clean cut retcon to erase character assassination or bad stories.

I understand it is the nature of forums. But a simple "Bishop is going to shafted and won't get anything to do in this book" and "Bishop has ever work with Kitty" turns into Bishop is "genocidal maniac". I mean I can just focus on the positive stuff but same people on forums take their shots over and over.

Anyways yes Bishop has work with Kitty in the Iceman solo run and disassembled Bishop was working on the Kitty .To me it seems like Bishop had a respect for Kitty as leader and he sort felt like an sergeant at arms for Kitty.
    Character assassination sucks. Bobby is the only member of the book who hasn't gotten a world class character assassination at some point (I'm counting the movies for Pyro because of lack of stories for him).

At the same time, Bishop isn't really feeling the effects of his anymore. Yeah, people will be dicks on forums about it, but give people an opportunity they'll be dicks about literally anything. Kitty is recovering from hers. Emma is still slammed by hers. Debatebly Storm never recovered from hers.

Anyways yes Bishop has work with Kitty in the Iceman solo run and disassembled Bishop was working on the Kitty .To me it seems like Bishop had a respect for Kitty as leader and he sort felt like an sergeant at arms for Kitty.
    Uh, I mean...not to go off topic, but...

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    LMAO that's golden
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Dammit it that was a typo. I mean Bishop was doing that other thing too and some people got upset about it but that sentence that was not intentional lol

BANNED

Dammit it that was a typo. I mean Bishop was doing that other thing too and some people got upset about it but that sentence that was not intentional lol
    What you call a typo I call a doorway for something incredible LMAO

well you know Kitty does like big men, why not go out with Bishop next. I have decided to ship this, just because it would be too awesome and it would make collective fandoms explode. Bishop and Kitty all the way as the new power couple of the X-Men!