Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Domino's Pizza?
    That's all I want, but ordering is a bit of a pain. Like, I'm not one of those call and pick up weirdos. I'm gonna get it done manually. It's like what, 20-30 minutes away? Then you gotta order and that's like 15 minutes. Then you gotta go back. That's like an hour for some good-ass pizza. But it ain't practical. No, I'm not going to Pizza Hut. They did an X-Men promotion in the 90's and that makes me uncomfortable. I don't wanna be associated with any mutants and their plant kingdom. What have plants ever done for me, anyway?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    He has not been mentioned in interviews yet, but there is no indication Bishop is a background character.
    Maybe they're taking Duggan too literal when he said the female voices will be loud and up front (I'm paraphrasing) and think Bishop will be wall paper or in this case...bilge water?
    The unnecessary hand-wringing is palpable across the boards.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-29-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I think Bishop and Colossus should swap places on X-force and Mauraders.
    I couldn't help but wonder why Bishop wasn't included on X-Force. Are the upcoming writers so keyed Into giving him this wack treatment as a continued background status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I think Bishop and Colossus should swap places on X-force and Mauraders.
    Please, no.

I have long waited for Colossus to finally be put in a book alongside characters I don't care enough about... so I don't have to put up with more of him wasting panel time. Bishop being part of the team with the interesting characters is even better, since he's in dire need of a revamp/character work.

I'm happy with the teams the way they are

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I couldn't help but wonder why Bishop wasn't included on X-Force. Are the upcoming writers so keyed Into giving him this wack treatment as a continued background status.
    X-force looks like Bishop type of team.

Except that this X-force is supposedly different than the previous ones. Ence why people like QQ, Beast and Jean and there.

So no thanks
    Last edited by fsger; 08-29-2019 at 08:06 PM. Reason: having a negative opinion is apparently bad

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Except that this X-force is supposedly different than the previous ones. Ence why people like QQ, Beast and Jean and there.

So no thanks
    Which ones bc X-Force is just a name and tends to be different with each iteration. Cable's X-Force was diferent than the SF based one that followed which was different than what became X-Statix which was different from the Wolverine kill squad, which was different from Storm's X-Force, etc... Bishop is already a former X-Force member and he wouldnt be too out of place on this one given his background as an investigator. Im assuming you meant the kill squad but Bishop would fit more on this type of X-Force than the kill squad from the past. Besides Wolverine and Domino were on that, yet are both in this book
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-30-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bishop would fit more on this type of X-Force than the kill squad from the past. Besides Wolverine was on that, yet he's in this book
    Well, Percy said that X-Force is supposed to be similar to the CIA and Wolverine worked for then for at least some time, made sense that he is there as a field operative.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, Percy said that X-Force is supposed to be similar to the CIA and Wolverine worked for then for at least some time, made sense that he is there as a field operative.
    yeah and Domino? My point was you cant discredit some characters from being on this bc its not like the kill squads from the past when 2 core members of those versions are on here. I edited my post and X-Force has really meant alot of things since the name was first conceptualized. This is just another concept

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Bishop has experience as being the leader of three man kill squad/ soldier, policeman and investigator. I fail to see how a good writer could have a problem with transitioning him into this current X-Force group.

Readers should know that this isn’t your standard X-Force set-up. The black-ops squad is now a kind of CIA for the mutant nation, so we’re treating it like a procedural–with an intelligence unit and wet work squad. It makes for some morally complicated situations, clever investigative work, and monstrous battles
    Bishop is fine on the Marauders but he would be fine on X-force. He can work as either intelligence or the wet work side

Surely Beast and Jean Grey are not going to be onboard if there’s any wet work at all going on?

I wonder if we'll see an appearance of the original Maraurders in this book?

BANNED

They did recently rerelease Carey's adjectiveless run as X-Men: Marauders, which is an unusual title.

Astonishing Member

Scalphunter is the only Marauder I would like to see reform and join the xmen.
    That story after M Day in which Nightcrawler finds Scalphunter working at a food truck, beats him, gives him a speech about clones and if they have a soul or not, and almost converts him to christianity, seemed to go in that direction. IIRC the next thing that was seen of Scalphunter was him killing one of the Predator Xs in Utopia.

after that, in Bunn's Magneto, Magneto killed all the Marauders except for Scalphunter, but he amputated his extremities and cauterized his wounds to prevent his extremities from growing back (he has a healing factor), abandoning him in a hospital, something that may have been mercy or a worse punishment that death.

the continuity of the Marauders is very confusing because of the constant cloning, I am pretty sure that if we are strict with continuity, there should be at least 3 different Scalphunters around. One disabled without extremities in a hospital (probably the Nightcrawler story one), one evil working for Sinister, and one working for Magneto with his moral sentes altered to work for mutantkind that has been forgotten. like many things of the Bunn Magneto run.

edit: Scalphunter is also a native american that speaks Spanish