Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Oooooh, King, Gerads and Shanier on Strange Adventures with Adam Strange! Now we're talking. Even after HiC, I'm super in for this one.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I think DC were wise not to announce much. Between the X-Men comics news and all the MCU movie and show announcements, any DC news would've been buried.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So are we taking this as a hint that there's another Crisis on the way and they are keeping it hush-hush? Or are they just out of ideas here and set up a booth because they had to? It sounds like regardless of what your favorite version of DC is, TPTB don't seem to know what they're doing. We can interpret their lack of ideas to something big in the works that they want to keep a lid on. Or we can interpret it as an actual lack of ideas. Which one is the most likely possibility?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So are we taking this as a hint that there's another Crisis on the way and they are keeping it hush-hush? Or are they just out of ideas here and set up a booth because they had to?
    Could be they currently plan / hope to, but who knows what / when anything will be finalized?

I honestly think with all the behind the scene changes and retooling they just didn't have much to announce. Im starting to think there are too many complacent old dudes at DC. They don't seem to plan things out much, but more react and try to find compromises as they make things up as they go.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-21-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I honestly think with all the behind the scene changes and retooling they just didn't have much to announce. Im starting to think there are too many complacent old dudes at DC. They don't seem to plan things out much, but more react and try to find compromises as they make things up as they go.
    It seems like the Black Label and non-mainstream DC stuff are making the bold moves. Helps that Doyle absconded with a good share of DC's competent editors.

Except when you look at their Black Label it’s 75% Batman and Bat Villains. More Batman is hardly what I’d call bold moves. The majority of the Black Labels offerings are actually incredible safe when you really look at them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-21-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Except when you look at their Black Label it’s 75% Batman and Bat Villains. More Batman is hardly what I’d call bold moves. The majority of the Black Labels offerings are actually incredible safe when you really look at them.
    I think the whole Bat-dick thing really scared them and now it's more just a general out of continuity line where they do things that don't have a proper category. I imagine most Elseworlds will fit into this category regardless of whatever their actual label would be. All Star Superman got put into this category. And that's hardly what anyone would call an "adult" book.
    Assassinate Putin!

Overall I think this was one of the least exciting Comic Cons in recent memory. The most interesting announcement as far as superhero stuff may have been the new Blade movie and casting. Besides that, no announcements from Marvel or DC were that mind blowing.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Overall I think this was one of the least exciting Comic Cons in recent memory. The most interesting announcement as far as superhero stuff may have been the new Blade movie and casting. Besides that, no announcements from Marvel or DC were that mind blowing.
    Nothing from the upcoming STAR WARS movie either. This Comic-Con really did lack buzz.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Does SDCC even bother focusing much on actual "comic books" these days, or hasn't it become more of a movie-and-TV-show-related event over the past few years with more of an emphasis on science fiction and fantasy properties, some of which may have originated in funny books?

I mean, I think the Phase 4 MCU slate was a pretty big deal.

I also really enjoyed learning the next Animated Feature slate for the DC DTV's.