So apparently there are signs all around SDCC that are demanding the release of the "Snyder cut" of the JL movie. Let's break this down and look at this rationally. Let's say they do release the Snyder cut. What happens when it comes time for a JL sequel? Are they going to base it on the Snyder version, or the Whedon version? Are you going to tell the millions of people who already watched the first JL that in order to watch the second JL they have to watch another first one? What we tend to forget is that these movies aren't just made for us. They are made for a casual audience as well. The DCEU is having a hard enough time getting off the ground as is and it's already been around for over five years. Undoing movies that people have already seen and then telling them that to enjoy future movies they have to watch a new one first again doesn't help this situation. How do you sell that to the general public? "Well, a bunch of hardcore fans wanted this version instead so now everyone has to watch it and forget the first one". Good luck with that.

Now, I will be the first to admit I have personal biases here. I hated MOS and don't care much for the DCEU but this is what we've got and we have to work with it. I think Warners is doing the best they can now with movies like WW, Aquaman, and Shazam! And it seems to be paying off. People who might not otherwise be interested in a DC movie are watching them. They made Aquaman cool! Aquaman! Let's not disrupt that momentum by telling these potential fans that they now have to watch a new first JL to enjoy the sequel. DC is already behind Marvel in the movie department. I don't want to see them get any further behind.