Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Okay, let me first get out of the way that this has nothing to do with Excalibur. So, I do not understand the title of the book.

The same issue arises with the Fallen Angels and Marauders titles. I think they should have used a different title for all 3.

I dunno know how I feel that Betsy is loosing the Psylocke codename as well.

The team itself, I love Betsy teaming up with Mr. & Mrs. X and I am glad the X-office is not putting these two on separate teams. Also great to have Rictor in a regular title. Jubilee, hmmm I don't know, but I think it is going to be fine.

I really do not like if Apocalypse becomes part of an X-team. Why have all villains become X-Men at one point? I see that the X-Men title also listed Vulcan as member. This is stupid. We need our villains be villains!
    Maybe after HOX POX there will be new non mutant villains so Apoc and other villains joined good side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Okay, let me first get out of the way that this has nothing to do with Excalibur. So, I do not understand the title of the book.

The same issue arises with the Fallen Angels and Marauders titles. I think they should have used a different title for all 3.

I dunno know how I feel that Betsy is loosing the Psylocke codename as well.

The team itself, I love Betsy teaming up with Mr. & Mrs. X and I am glad the X-office is not putting these two on separate teams. Also great to have Rictor in a regular title. Jubilee, hmmm I don't know, but I think it is going to be fine.

I really do not like if Apocalypse becomes part of an X-team. Why have all villains become X-Men at one point? I see that the X-Men title also listed Vulcan as member. This is stupid. We need our villains be villains!
    Since at least a couple of those "Villains..." have been headmaster of some versions of the "...School For Gifted Youngsters" at some point, I'm not seeing much of an issue. A minor one? Sure. That said, the "X" villains being in some sort of a concrete "Antagonistic..." role hasn't really been a thing for a long time.

The line-up is fine, but I don't like that their idea of sorting out the Psylocke name-controversy is for Betsy to permanently take Brian's mantle - especially not if this will influence the films. I don't want to see a Jasper's Warp on the screens with Betsy as CB.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I only know Marcus To from Next Gen. He better not draw Rictor skinny; I'm getting sick of that.

The line-up is interesting tho (3 90's X-Men? WOW)
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

1. What do you think about the line-up do you like it? Do you hate it?

I'm torn. On one hand, this brings together three of my all-time top ten mutants, being Rogue, Gambit & Psylocke (now Captain Britain), along with the much beloved Jubilee, the criminally underrated Rictor + the classic antagonist Apocalypse. Now, I should be overjoyed about as a whole, but it honestly doesn't fit the mold of what I identify Excalibur as. This is one of those titles I've been wanting to resurface for a long while now, but I must admit this isn't at all what I expected it to look like.

If I were able to reshuffle the rosters for Dawn of X, I imagine my Excalibur would probably drop Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee into other titles, and trade them out for Dazzler, Archangel & Pixie. I think Ali & Betsy would have a very fruitful friendship, Warren and Betsy have so much history and his animosity towards Poccy would be enjoyable, and Megan’s range of abilities and Welsh origin make her a perfect fit for the crew.

Speaking to the roster that has been assembled, I love the very natural pairings of characters we’ve got here. Obviously, we’ve the married couple, and the Blue reunion in having Betsy, Rogue, Remy and Jubes together, but there’s also the somewhat like-minded Julio + Jubes, who recently shared a book with Betsy in X-Tremists, who I think will get along famously. Throw Apocalypse into the mix, who I’m sure will have an interesting dynamic with everybody else on the team, and we have the makings of some very scintillating character interactions.

I’ll add that the possibility of getting Brian, Meggan, Maggie, Shogo & Shatterstar in guest roles has me very excited.

2. What do you think so far about the concept for EXCALIBUR?

I love the concept in terms of Betsy returning to her roots and forging a new path for herself, and I couldn’t be more excited for exploration of Otherworld and the many mystical elements that’ll come into play. One might assume Krakoa seeds will be spread here too, and I can only imagine what the growth of Krakoa in a landscape forged from magic might do to its mutant flora.

3. What do you know about creative team?

I’m still relatively unfamiliar with Tini Howard, but her Twitter indicates good taste and I’m optimistic. As for Marcus To, one only has to look at one of his books to see how brilliant he is in artfully capturing the character/s. His Betsy in NextGen was beautiful, and while I don’t believe I’ve seen him draw the others I can’t wait to see his interpretation.

4. Apoc...Nah who cares .What do think about Captain Britain change and lack of classic Excalibur characters? Do you think X-men Gold ruined its chances of a reunion? Do think Excalibur better off trying to be something new?

I don't mind the absence of classic Excalibur characters, as I think rehashing OG teams for nostalgia can only get you so far in terms of an innovative and engaging narrative. We're shooting for a new era for the X-Men, not revisiting what we've seen before. I also think that in terms of Kitty, Rachel & Kurt, they may very well have outgrown the premise, and are very different characters now than they were then. I welcome something new, and I appreciate this is a fresh take on an old concept. That said, I can't help but find it difficult to accept what I've always thought should be a British/European oriented title have only one character from that corner of the world. As I will make clear as I make my way around the forums replying to the dozen Dawn of X threads, I think all of these characters have a place among the X-Line, I'm just not sure this is the placement I would have chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Would be perfect with Pixie!
    Agreed! The New X-Men generation is kinda the only one not represented in Dawn of X, and there are a great many reasons as to why Pixie would be a perfect fit for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Rogue being back to her exact 90's costume is a no for me. At least give her modernized look.
    I do love the 90s look, but one can’t say it isn’t outdated (though not nearly as badly as Jeans Marvel Girl look).
    I still miss her Age of X 'Reaper' design. Ill-fitted perhaps while she's the brawlin' powerhouse type, but it's such a great look that'd I'd love to see it return. K.Thompson had it cameo in R&G, but I'm dyin' for more

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Also RIP

It was nice while it lasted. A shame to see it go so soon after it's glorious debut in the pages of Shatterstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Brian has to keep the beard. It suits him.
    I swear, if they take away the beard I'm suing. I'm still mourning the beards of Colossus & Nightcrawler.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm VERY EXCITED!!!
    I absolutely LOVED Claremont and Davis' Excalibur but...I'm not the least bit tied to that run/era/characters.
    This is a new Iteration, new MO, new Cast and I'm here for ALL of it. (I'm very intrigued to read how/why Apocalypse becomes a part of this.)
    LOVELOVELOVE Elizabeth becoming Captain Britain and her new look.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-22-2019 at 10:21 AM.

BANNED

I'll add that both Spiral & Sabretooth could have made for interesting inclusions, or perhaps later additions/guest stars given their connections to Betsy, and the former's access to magic

While turning all the great X-Villains into X-Men is annoying, I am intrigued by Apocalypse's inclusion in this roster. KMT has ancient, occult ties to the British Isles. Supposedly Scotland is named after Akhenaten's daughter Scota(aka Meritaten), who fled Egypt and established a colony in the British Isles long ago. While this story is contentious and considered pseudohistorical at best by most, more concrete evidence such as Cheddar Man show that the first Brits were black Africans. I wonder if they will actually explore this concept in Excalibur.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-23-2019 at 02:33 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Wrong thread.

Could that Apocalypse be Evan?

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The line-up is fine, but I don't like that their idea of sorting out the Psylocke name-controversy is for Betsy to permanently take Brian's mantle - especially not if this will influence the films. I don't want to see a Jasper's Warp on the screens with Betsy as CB.
    I think we will see both as Captain Britain in the movies. Brian is just too synonymous with Captain Britain for him for him to not be CB in the movies.

1.What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

Gambit, Apocalypse and Jubes are the draws for me. Hoping Howard does something with the Gambit and Apocalypse relationship and with Gambit's Death persona. That would tie in nicely to the magic theme as it was teased in the Hellbound mini when Gambit was in Limbo and the death persona emerged that the persona was more than just mutant powers. Limbo enhanced his abilities and allowed Gambit to control people via touch. Doubt they go that route but that was perhaps the most interesting development of the Deathbit era. It would be interesting to see how Gambit reacts to Apocalypse given the history and whether we ever get an answer to Poccy's comments about Gambit's unique heritage.

As for Gambit and Jubes, I always loved their relationship in X-TAS and their brief appearance together in Liu's Astonishing. I think they have a good sibling type dynamic and play off each other well. I think their powers also have a natural synergy that has been shown from time to time and perhaps that synergy could be developed or enhanced further with a magic element as well.

As for the other characters, never followed Rictor much so not much to say about him. I prefer Asian Psylocke so British Betsy is meh to me but will be interested to see how they handle her powers and whether she is still a H2H powerhouse. Would be interesting perhaps to see her training with Gambit as she now needs to improve her combat skills now that she is in a different body. As for Rogue, I would have prefered her and Gambit to be in different books as I just think one always gets shortchanged when they are together which lately has been Gambit. I am also not convinced Marvel really has anything interesting to say or develop about their relationship.

2. What do you think so far about the concept for EXCALIBUR?

I like the magic concept. I always thought given Gambit New Orleans background that he should have had more magic related escapades and with the Deathbit stuff above, it was hinted. In a world where Kwannon and Betsy coexist, I think it is also a great way to distinguish between the two as in a classic role playing sense, Kwannon represents the rogue/stealth character and Betsy can move into the mage role. Think the team is also well balanced if not a bit overpowered depending on Poccy's power set but you have a team that can attack you in many different ways which probably makes sense that to challenge them you need to play in the magic space.

Pretty much nothing. Just hoping they give all the characters good development even if I am partial to Gambit of course.

4. Apoc...Nah who cares .What do think about Captain Britain change and lack of classic excalibur characters? Do you think X-men Gold ruined its chances of a reunion. Do think Excalibur better off trying to be something new?

Don't think the change or lack of excalibur characters matter as long as it tells a good story that allows everyone to have their moment. Haven't read recent X-men Gold so have no idea if that ruined things or not but I do think Excalibur is better off trying to be something new as I find one of the reasons the comics have stagnated for me is they just keep going over the same **** over and over again.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Weird that Chamber's not in this title...esp since Jubilee is qnd they were sorta a thing last issue of GrenX Also weird... thinking on the mental/physical changes Husk and M have been through Jubilee is overseas with characters she's outgrown. while Chamber is in space with people he Barely Barely knows.

Hivkmam.... getting kinda worried

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Weird that Chamber's not in this title...esp since Jubilee is qnd they were sorta a thing last issue of GrenX Also weird... thinking on the mental/physical changes Husk and M have been through Jubilee is overseas with characters she's outgrown. while Chamber is in space with people he Barely Barely knows.

Hivkmam.... getting kinda worried
    Not sure what you mean by this? Jubilee hasn't even been on a team with Rogue and Betsy since what? Brian Wood's X-Men? And since then Jubilee has returned to being a human, Rogue has gotten married, Betsy has returned to her original body and has taken up the mantle of Captain Britain.

1.What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?
    I am looking forward to reading Remy, Rogue and Jubilee (and Shogo I hope) together.
    Though I enjoy Betsy and Julio, CURRENTLY this team's make up feels like cherry picking faves but perhaps it will all make sense narratively. Eventually.
    I'm lost on the inclusion of Lypse.

2.What do you think so far about the concept for EXCALIBUR? Too soon to tell ? I dig the Exaclibur mythos and magic and realms and such tho.

I adore Marcus To and very much look forward to these interiors!
    I follow Howard on twitter but have recently developed a stinging bias based on her handling of Wiccan and Hulkling in the Death's Head mini. Not a fan.

4. Apoc...Nah who cares .What do think about Captain Britain change and lack of classic excalibur characters? Do you think X-men Gold ruined its chances of a reunion. Do think Excalibur better off trying to be something new?
    I'm eager to see the how and why of this concept/team. I hope we get to see Megan, Brian, his sick beard, and their daughter along the way.